pro Musharraf crushed in Pakistani polls.

MOSABJA

Pakistanis dealt a crushing defeat to President Pervez Musharraf in parliamentary elections on Monday, in what government and opposition politicians said was a firm rejection of his policies since 2001 and those of his close ally, the United States.

Almost all the leading figures in the Pakistan Muslim League-Q, the party that has governed for the last five years under Mr. Musharraf, lost their seats, including the leader of the party, the former speaker of Parliament and six ministers.

Official results are expected Tuesday, but early returns indicated that the vote would usher in a prime minister from one of the opposition parties, and opened the prospect of a Parliament that would move to undo many of Mr. Musharraf’s policies and that may even try to remove him.

NAWAZ SHARIF's VICTORY

Most surprising was victory of Nawaz Sharif's PML N party.Though the victory of PPPP was predicted.

But in Punjab Nawaz shariff's party has swept the polls .his stance on Judiciary,Lal masjid,Waziristan issue,Dr Abdul Qadeer khan has earned him the votes.Nawaz though not an extreme right wing person but his party has Conservative roots.he tried to implement shariah in 1999 before being toppled by Musharraf.He also carried out Nuclear explosions.

RIGHT WING PARTIES.

The right wing religious parties have also suffered a crushing defeat in NWFP province.The results are attributed to the double play of the religious parties.Many were angry at right wing parties for supporting Musharraf.
Others opposed them due to worsening law and order situation.

The results were interpreted here as a repudiation of Mr. Musharraf as well as the Bush administration, which has staunchly backed him for more than six years as its best bet in the campaign against the Islamic militants in Pakistan. American officials will have little choice now but to seek alternative allies from among the new political forces emerging from the vote.

Politicians and party workers from Mr. Musharraf’s party said the vote was a protest against government policies and the rise in terrorism here, in particular against Mr. Musharraf’s heavy-handed way of dealing with militancy and his use of the army against tribesmen in the border areas, and against militants in a siege at the Red Mosque here in the capital last summer that left more than 100 people dead.

Others said Mr. Musharraf’s dismissal last year of the Supreme Court chief justice, Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, who remains under house arrest, was deeply unpopular with the voters.

hijab_sister

ALLAH is in my heart
salam brother
yeh u r rgiht.
hey brother can i ask u a ques if u dnt mind??
is ur avater the pic of chaghi??
i hope u won mind.hehe
FI AMANILLAH

whoever wins either PPPP or PML(N) we still loose cause they r all coruupt from top to bottom so useless ....i was hoping to vote for Imran khans party but he boycotted...if Imran khan won he would have made the death penalty for corruption :)

MOSABJA

whoever wins either PPPP or PML(N) we still loose cause they r all coruupt from top to bottom so useless ....i was hoping to vote for Imran khans party but he boycotted...if Imran khan won he would have made the death penalty for corruption :)

First of all bro even if Imran khan took part he would have lost to Nawaz Shariff.

The good thing for Pakistan is that the elections have ended the political uncertainity and people are very happy.

Now coming to the issue of Corrupt.

We cant have Hazrat Umar RA ruling us when our we dont even offer prayers.In hadith it is mentioned that the corrupt rulers are a result of bad deeds of nation.

all I say is

SOME THING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING.

At least with PML N in power we wont have.
FATA operation.
Incidents like lal masjid.
We would have AQ khan freed.
Independent Judiciary.
Less inflation.

MOSABJA

I dont think that all the people from A -----Z are corrupt.

Most importantly with independent judiciary we wont see that much corruption.

Most corrupt politicians have been defeated all of them of Q.

regarding Nawaz Shariff .The man made mistakes in the past.
But I think.
Now he has changed He realizes his responsibilities.

Secondly his party PML N is now composed of all those members who were NOT CORRUPT and all the CORRUPT ONES JOINED Q LEAGUE.

PPPP also is not that much BAD.

as portrayed by ARMY.

Army in this country tries to portray all the politicians as corrupt.thats not the case.

AFTER ALL PAKISTANIS ARE CELEBRATING .ALL OF THEM ARE HAPPY.

hijab_sister

ALLAH is in my heart
First of all bro even if Imran khan took part he would have lost to Nawaz Shariff.

The good thing for Pakistan is that the elections have ended the political uncertainity and people are very happy.

Now coming to the issue of Corrupt.

We cant have Hazrat Umar RA ruling us when our we dont even offer prayers.In hadith it is mentioned that the corrupt rulers are a result of bad deeds of nation.

all I say is

SOME THING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING.

At least with PML N in power we wont have.
FATA operation.
Incidents like lal masjid.
We would have AQ khan freed.
Independent Judiciary.
Less inflation.
salam brother i agree with u.
n this is y i casted my vote for nawaz sharif.
cuz he is better than musharraf n chaudries.
n nawaz sharif tried to implement sharia law in 1999.
i hope that nawaz sharif must b in govt INSHA ALLAH.
may ALLAH bless n protect our pk.
aamin sumaamin
FI AMANILLAH

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
:salam2:

Man, if Imran Khan had a decent shot, I'd be happy..........:tti_sister:

However, I'd rather have Nawaz Sharif than Asif Zardari and his precious PPP. The fact that they even managed to mark a victory is shocking enough and very distressing. InshAllah, Nawaz Sharif will beat them, even though it's choosing the lesser of the evils.

I really doubt if the elections were fair or not as I heard alot of reports from people living in Pakistan of otherwise. However as long as the PPP and Musharraf don't walk away with this one, I'm good. :hijabi:

MOSABJA

Elections were largely free and fair.My relatives who have given elections duty have told me that the polls were free and the results were as expected.

Pro Musharrafs(PML Q) have been humiliated and so is MMA(JUI) for supporting Musharraf .

MMA didnt lose.Infact its main component Jamaat e Islami boycotted.

The only one remaining is JUI(F).Which people have rejected Overwhelmingly because of their Double game and Hypocrisy.

1)They promised Shariah .they didnt give it.

2)They were supposed to be anti US but supported Musharraf in constitutional amendment.

3)They told that we will resign if the unislamic women rights bill is passed .BUT THEY DIDnt

4)They said we shall dissolve NWFP assembly to stop Musharraf elections as president they ended up making a deal with him .

5)They were supposed to defend Lal Masjid.RESIGN ON THESE ISSUES.

EVEN THE CLERIC MAULANA ABDUL RASHEED GHAZI (Shaheed) MINUTES BEFORE DYING SAID ON TV THAT THE POLITICAL ULEMAS HAVE PLAYED A BAD ROLE.

SO THESE HYPOCRITES DESERVED THE DEFEAT .
People were expecting that.

i do agree nawaz sharif isnt as corrupt as the others especially molvi diesel(fazl-ur-rehman)....but guess who won asif zardari n why do u think he is hesitant on releasing the judiciary??....cause he has a corruption case of 170 B rps....n we all know asif zardaris famous 20% when his wife was in power n how bout that part in which he kept his horses in air-conditioned rooms?....Pakistan is jz going from one earthquake to another......it would have been best if aitasaz hasan also formed his own party n stood for election...then we would have two less corrupt leaders standing in electionn n he might have even won!

Assalamalikum. I really feel sorry for the people of pakistan. This zardari guy is the same fellow who stole millions from pakistan. Atleast musharraf is only power hungry.

Shahzad

lets pray that ALLAH helps our country to the good.
Some more events coming up now.
elections were not fair though :)
MQM and other parties got lot of votes from only their workers

the total turn out was only 40% . which means election must be held again

MOSABJA

lets pray that ALLAH helps our country to the good.
Some more events coming up now.
elections were not fair though :)
MQM and other parties got lot of votes from only their workers

the total turn out was only 40% . which means election must be held again

turn out was 45.6 %.

By Pakistani standards this is a good turnout .Elections were free.

Now coming to the issue of Karachi.

I think if MQM rigged few seats than karachites are responsible for that.

They were sleeping in their homes and ghosts cast votes in Karachi.
While we in Punjab filled the polling stations and PML Q dared not manipulate the results.

MOSABJA

Assalamalikum. I really feel sorry for the people of pakistan. This zardari guy is the same fellow who stole millions from pakistan. Atleast musharraf is only power hungry.

Well .Army in this country have portrayed politicians as thugs,criminals____

They want people to hate the politicians bcz they have their own interests.

Politicians all of them even Zardari are much better than general Musharraf.I prefer Zardari over Musharraf.

And what matters if he made some mistakes???I am not his voter though.
Politicians will run the country better than Musharraf.

It might seem weird but I think Zardari is not a Traitor as Mush is .When BB died and people were saying in Sindh "we dont want federation".
Who came to the rescue??????????

ZARDARI.

He told them not to forget that BB or her father dies for Pakistan and PPPP is a party that supports federation.

SO LETS BE POSITIVE ABOUT POLITICIANS.
They will run the country better.
They will Inshallah learn from their mistakes.
IF NOT.

then in next elections we will throw them out the way we did to PML Q.

Thats all.People in pakistan are happy,hopeful and the poll results are something to be happy.

riskyguy

Allah-hu-Akbar
Im really happy nawaz shariff won, although hez behind pppp, but even zardari is better than musharaf, he can do as much corruption as he wants, but atleast innocent people will not be killed. And it really makes me angry why people of karachi vote for mqm, even after knowing its a terrorist group..... :(

Well .Army in this country have portrayed politicians as thugs,criminals____

They want people to hate the politicians bcz they have their own interests.

Politicians all of them even Zardari are much better than general Musharraf.I prefer Zardari over Musharraf.

And what matters if he made some mistakes???I am not his voter though.
Politicians will run the country better than Musharraf.

It might seem weird but I think Zardari is not a Traitor as Mush is .When BB died and people were saying in Sindh "we dont want federation".
Who came to the rescue??????????

ZARDARI.

He told them not to forget that BB or her father dies for Pakistan and PPPP is a party that supports federation.

SO LETS BE POSITIVE ABOUT POLITICIANS.
They will run the country better.
They will Inshallah learn from their mistakes.
IF NOT.

then in next elections we will throw them out the way we did to PML Q.

Thats all.People in pakistan are happy,hopeful and the poll results are something to be happy.

i think its useless cause zardari will start his 20% trademark if uve heard of it....n MQM is such a stupid pain...the only thing i liked about pppp was the interior minister babar something ( forgot his name) during the time of BB...he made all of those MQM leaders run away to UK n made it all clean in karachi but then they cam bak so shameless n i hat their leader cause he talks n looks like a beggar( marasi)!!!

MOSABJA

Today I was happy to hear that Zardari has declared that he is not a PM candidate.

I think PPPP did 2 good things and both of them were by Gen Naseerullah babur.

He crushed the MqM.
And he supported the Taliban.

What people fear from PPPP is that it may join hands with Musharraf and PML Q and again the brokers of the deal could be USA.

But in that case there would be first of all PML N opposing.
Plus people of pakistan.
Lawyers .
will Launch a movement to throw them out.

Lawyers have already said that they would launch their movement again if PPPP changes its position.

Secondly their are people in PPPP also who will not let the party comb with Mush.

So Though Mush and his Patrons the US will try to bring PPP and Q together.

But Inshallah the PPP are wise enough and they wont like to face public wrath

Thirdly IF THEY DO .IT WILL BE THEIR POLITICAL SUICIDE AS PEOPLE WOULD DO TO THEM THE SAME THE DID TO PML Q.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Im really happy nawaz shariff won, although hez behind pppp, but even zardari is better than musharaf, he can do as much corruption as he wants, but atleast innocent people will not be killed. And it really makes me angry why people of karachi vote for mqm, even after knowing its a terrorist group..... :(

Uh most of the people of Karachi HATE MQM. Those terrorists did their WORST to Karachi and its blatantly obvious they've held it "hostage" all this time. Any voting in Karachi is rigged when the results are in favor of MQM.....Altaf Hussein is the scum of the earth......:astag: