Problem at work place

rony

As Salam brothers and sisters, i work in a gas station in texas, U.S.A. My work place is very close from university, so everyday i see a lot of young woman customer. I need to communicate with them all the time. I believe islam say not to look at womans body, but the problem is woman here wear such short dress that even if i do not want to look at their body but I have to. Because I always need to look at them when I am talking, otherwise they think I am just being rude. Any advise please.

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
:wasalam:

I always need to look at them when I am talking, otherwise they think I am just being rude

Where ever there is will, there is a way

When you talk with someone with opposite sex,there is no need to look at their body. Just look at their forehead (and they will have feeling that you are looking at them). From time to time you may lower your gaze or look here & there. It would require some practice but not difficult.

When you see a girl without hijab first time, you should lower your gaze quickly and there is no sin on you as your intention was not to watch. You must say :astag: if you see something vulgar. However, if you raise your eyes again to see their uncovered body parts then you are comitting a sin.

Everytime you protect your gaze, remember you are doing jehad (struggle) against your nafs and defeating the shaitan who is standing next to you. Every time you win you can expect more difficult test to come in your way. If you save yourself from shaitan, you may feel sorry for not taking the "opportunity of watching" them but after the fitna have left the patrol station you will feel great satisfaction and happiness in your heart which can only be felt in heart :SMILY33: This is the way we grow in our iman and taqwa step by step and with continous struggle.

Jazakallah Khair for Your Question

Irvan

From Al Quran, Insya Allah

:salam2:

I really understand your problem brother, as i live in a country which has been contaminating by so-called "freedom of expression", thus many young girls and women here are wearing "unregulated" clothing, eventhough they say that they're muslims, big question mark ey..

Anyway, I turned to Qur'an to solve the problem, as stated in this ayat;

Audzubillahimishshaythoonirrojim
Bismillahirrohmaanirrohiim

(Surah 24; Nuur, ayah 31)

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof;

If we see from other way around, from men point of view, by stating "they should not display their beauty and ornaments", it means that men are not allowed to gaze on women beauty and "ornaments" of their beauty, or women's "Aurat".

As for "Except what must ordinarily appear thereof", some ulemas here clarify that parts of women which ordinarily appear are their face expression (eyes, according to some) and their hands gesture.

It is common sense though, if you talk to somebody, man or women, normally we notice by looking their face, or eyes, expression and hands gesture. It's not common and not ordinary if you look at people's, say; neck, shoulder, hair, lips, nose, cheeck, bossom, or tights and others while you talking to them, some considered this as rudeness...

So, brother, if you in that kind situation again, try to focus with face expression through their eyes, not any part of the face, and hands gesture...

Hope it helps

Allah knows best

Wassalam

amyaishazouaoui

Why dont you just focus on the stand at the back of the store behind the person you are talking to. or at the tiles on the floor?

I know its difficult brother but you know if you show you are muslim and treat these women with respect and if they ask why ou not looking at them, reply saying

"I'm sorry i dont want to look at you becasue I believe women are not pieces of meat but should be considered for their minds and not for thier physical appearance etc.

it could be very good dawah and may bring one of them to islam.

Either that or they might just think you are strange!!!

Try your best brother

:wasalam:

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
AsalamAlakum,

Welcome to TTI

It’s nice to have u join this lovely community.

Insha Allah u benefit from us as we from u.

Enjoy ur stay Insha Allah,

Take Care,

dawood_smriti

I really understand your problem brother, as i live in a country which has been contaminating by so-called "freedom of expression", thus many young girls and women here are wearing "unregulated" clothing, eventhough they say that they're muslims, big question mark ey..

?????? A bigger question mark while reding above lines...Do we ve a right to decide whether a person is muslim or not based on his her appearence...
Moreover I think if a lady doesnt do hijab,she still can be muslim...
And there ve been hundreds of examples where non practising muslim ve changed drastically towards Islam..

Wasalaam.

Irvan

?????? A bigger question mark while reding above lines...Do we ve a right to decide whether a person is muslim or not based on his her appearence...
Moreover I think if a lady doesnt do hijab,she still can be muslim...
And there ve been hundreds of examples where non practising muslim ve changed drastically towards Islam..

Wasalaam.

I'm sorry brother, i might not express the situation correctly, but do you think girls or wowen, who came from muslim family; been taught Islam since young age; even stated as Muslim in their ID (Indonesian ID has religion statement); celebreting Ied every year; but wearing tank top or mini skirt or "minimal" cloth or bikinis at the beach; showing their back skin, or thight, or bossoms in the open are considered as pious muslims? Considering the definition of muslims as people who have submitted to Allah's guidence/rules and Allah alone.

This kind of situation is happening in here...

I think it's far from hijjab issues, but off course there are many muslims women who dont wear hijab but still keep their decency, well i think that's the fundamental of hijab or clothing according to Islamic rules right? decency... it is a matter of who keep their decency or not, regardless hijab etc.

I'm aware that judging people brutally or saying a muslim is not muslim or even kafir, is not right, Al Quran mentions it clearly, but it is our obligation as muslims to put a line between what is right (haq) and what is wrong (bathil), at least in my heart i'm keeping my approach to above example as something which not right and need to be corrected.

May Allah guides us and shows clearly that what is right, is right and what is wrong, is wrong, amin.

Wassalam

dawood_smriti

May Allah guides us and shows clearly that what is right, is right and what is wrong, is wrong, amin.

Wassalam

Ameen dear Brother....

All we can do just pray To Almighty Allah for the betterment of all of us.And yes can do dawah to everyone in the best possible way.InshAllah...

(And I am sorry if I was rude in the earlier post,but I didnt been to be so)

Wasalaam..