Problem With My PC Audio

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Assalam aleikum,
I have installed new windows(XP) on my pc and the sound/audio is not working. I mean i dont have sound. I dont have sound card installed on my pc. But I am using sound from the mother board. On the Multimedia Audio Controller, there is a big yellow question mark. I gues i have to install sound driver. Can any help me plz?

Abu.Amirah

:wasalam:

Well brother,every motherboard has its own drivers software and you need to find if you have it or not .if you do then u just run it and it will install all the drivers needed for your pc. Mostly when you install XP it will install all the drivers but sumtimes it happens that it doesnt install all...like i experience this with HP/COMPAC machines. So try to check fisrt if you have the cd drivers with you.if not then ask the people whom you bought the pc from they have to gv u a copy of your own motherboard drivers.Lastly if you cant get the cd drivers then (if you do hav knowledge to open your pc) mostly in many motherboards you will find the kind of audio used for ur motherboard and you can search for the drivers in google.what make is you pc? find out this first and the model number then it will be easy to search for the drivers.

I hope this will help you.

Jazakallahu kheir

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

:wasalam:

Well brother,every motherboard has its own drivers software and you need to find if you have it or not .if you do then u just run it and it will install all the drivers needed for your pc. Mostly when you install XP it will install all the drivers but sumtimes it happens that it doesnt install all...like i experience this with HP/COMPAC machines. So try to check fisrt if you have the cd drivers with you.if not then ask the people whom you bought the pc from they have to gv u a copy of your own motherboard drivers.Lastly if you cant get the cd drivers then (if you do hav knowledge to open your pc) mostly in many motherboards you will find the kind of audio used for ur motherboard and you can search for the drivers in google.what make is you pc? find out this first and the model number then it will be easy to search for the drivers.

I hope this will help you.

Jazakallahu kheir

Jazak'Allah kheiran bother,
My computer is built up. Doesnt have company/model name. I just got software for windows xp from friend and i dont have software for audio. I gues i have to check the motherboard for kind of audio used. I will reply to you soon. Jazak'Allah kheir.

Bytheway, you reside in Mombasa at the moment? I am from Lamu,Kenya.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:
try this;
ur driver mite not work
or, do you get any messages e.g "new hardware inserted"
if no ---

click start, control panel
on the left, click "switch to classic view"
click administrative tools in control panel
then, computer management
on the left, click device mamager
now a list should come up, there should'nt be anythin with a yellow ? next to it
if u witness a yellow thing(maybe a question mark[not sure]) next to the sound video and game controllers"
if not click click on the ' + ' next to "sound video and game controllers"
right click and properties
then click troubleshoot

:salam2: hope it woks inshallah!:D

aLiph

plz state what type of motherboard are you using now..the manufacturer and the model..

like me, i'm using DK LP P35 T2RS model from DFI.. :)

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

try this;
ur driver mite not work
if no ---

now a list should come up, there should'nt be anythin with a yellow ? next to it
if u witness a yellow thing(maybe a question mark[not sure]) next to the sound video and game controllers"
then click troubleshoot

waleikum salam.
I have try ur procedure still doesnt work.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
hmm...

first are you sure yr sund isn't set 'mute' !??

--------------:-
Check your motherboard and get the model number of your motherboard. This is very important to get model number of your motherboard because it may vary from model to model of a single motherboard company.

or

If you are not able to get your model number physically on your motherboard, just restart your computer, there will be a chance that at very first screen of starting a computer will have model number of your motherboard. Note it down.

or

After getting motherboard number, go to your motherboard’s website. search for your model number, there will be a chance that you will get sound drive to download there.

or

Download the correct sound drive, install it on your PC and restart your PC.

or

Your PC sound system will work fine.

aLiph

Manufacture is ASROCK, Model K7VM2

salam..

here is your audio driver download link

http://www.asrock.com/mb/from.asp?Model=K7VM2&s=&T=D&ID=74

you are using a socket A motherboard which is for AMD K7 processor. socket A quite old..7-8 years ago..so i believe there is no new revision for your motherboard from ASrock company. in a nut shell, the driver link i give should work on your motherboard.

BTW, please check any technical issue such as audio jack selection..for audio output usually assign as green port audio jack. pink is for mic. you should use green one. and make sure your audio device(speaker, earphone..etc) is working.

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Jazak'Allah aLif for your help, I am download the software u gave.
I will inforn u the outcome. Mash'Allah u are good in pc. Are u pc engineer bro?

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

aLiph,
I have downloaded the software from the link you gave me. but the file is compressed(zip file). Then, how to go about it further? I mean wot next step with this compressed file?

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Jazak'Allah aLif,
I managed to install that zip file from the link u gave me and alhamduliLLah the sound is working now. May Allah reward u and increase ur knowledge.

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

try this;
ur driver mite not work
if no ---

then click troubleshoot

Jazak'Allah kheir brother Osmanelmais for help and ur time.
Brother aLif he managed to make my audio work with the help of Allah, Mash'Allah. Thank you again bother Osmanelmais for ur help.

aLiph

Jazak'Allah aLif for your help, I am download the software u gave.
I will inforn u the outcome. Mash'Allah u are good in pc. Are u pc engineer bro?

salam..

i'm not a pc engineer..i'm a multimedia developer/motion graphics designer..
i'm quite PC enthusiast for over 10 years now. so i do know about technical/hardwares/softwares stuff (all on windows base) :)

about the zip file. do you know how to extract it?
since you are on windows platform, just double click it. a new window will appear.
select all files in that window.
right click one of those files.
choose copy.
create a new folder in any partition of folder. easy one, create it at your desktop.
open the new folder.
right click at any space(white area) in that folder.
choose paste.
then click the setup.

if any problems or not understandable..please inform..

Abu.Amirah

LoL brother am sorry for taking long to answer you but alhamdulillah i can see some of our brothers managed to guide u thru and now ur sound works.
well i checked the model it seems like it was VIA AC'97 audio driver for that motherboard so am not sure if am right or wrong but anyway wenever u get problems with hardware just search for it thru internet and u will be able to get many options to troubleshoot.
Well its good to kno ur from Lamu ...and yea am in Mombasa and TTI is a home for all muslims worldwide :D

Jazakallahu kheir :lol: