Proof of Prophet Muhammad's salla-Allahu 'Alayhi wa-Sallam arrival from...

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member

...Previous Nations

This is the last portion from the 'Signs of the Messengers' thread. I decided to create them separately for ease (and to place them in the appropriate sections).

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) says:

Is it not a sign to them that the learned scholars of the Children of Israel knew it (as true)?

(Qur'aan, 26: 197)

This aayah (verse) states that among the clear signs that pointed to the veracity of the Messenger Muhammad and the truth of the Message that he brought was the fact that the Children of Israel knew that. This fact was recorded and preserved, written in their books which were in circulation among them, as Allah says:

And verily, it [the Qur'an, and its revelation to Prophet Muhammad :saw: is [announced] in the Scriptures [i.e. the Tawraat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)l of former people.

(Qur'aan 26: 196)

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
The Qur'an tells us that the earlier Prophets foretold...

...the coming of our Prophet Muhammad :saw:

The Qur'an which has come down to us from our Lord, the All-Knowing, All-Aware, tells us that mention of Muhammad :saw: and his nation is to be found in the previous divinely-revealed Books, and that the previous Prophets gave glad tidings of his coming. A number of mufassireen (exegetes) interpreted the aayaft (verse):

And [remember] when Allah took the Covenant of the Prophets, saying: 'Take whatever I gave you from the Book and Hikmah understanding of the Laws of Allah, and afterwards there will come to you a Messenger [Muhammad :saw:] confirming what is with you; you must, then, believe in him and help him.'Allah said: 'Do you agree [to it] and will you take up My Covenant [which I conclude with you]?' They said: 'We agree.' He said: 'Then bear witness; and I am with you among the witnesses [for this].'

(Qur'an 3:81)

- as meaning that Allah took the promise and covenant from every Prophet that if Muhammad was sent during his lifetime, he would believe in him and abandon his own laws in order to follow Muhammad's laws. Hence we learn that he was known to each of the earlier Prophets.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
The supplication of Prophet Ibraaheem (Abraham) (aalyhis-salaam)

It is narrated from Al-`Arbaad ibn Saariyah that the Messenger of Allah :saw: said:

"I was recorded with Allah as the Seal of the Prophets, when Adam was still clay. I shall inform you of the beginning of my affair: the supplication of (Prophet) Ibraaheem (Abraham), the glad tidings of (Prophet) 'Eesa (Jesus) and the vision of my mother which she saw when she gave birth to me. And there went out for her a light which illuminated the palaces of Syria."

- This has been narrated in Sharh as-Sunnah.

(Mishkaat al-Masaabeeh by At-Tabreezi, 3/127. Shaykh Naasiruddeen al-Albaani said: A saheeh hadith.)

Allah tells us that when the Close Friend of the Most Merciful, Prophet Ibraaheem, and his son Ismaa`eel were building the Ka`bah and praying, part of that supplication was that which is narrated to us in the 2nd chapter of the Qur'an - Soorah al-Baqarah:

And [remember] when Ibraaheem [Abraham] and [his son] Ismaa`eel [Ishmael] were raising the foundations of the House [the Ka`bah at Makkah], [saying], 'Our Lord! Accept [this service] from us. Verily, You are the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.

Our Lord! And make us submissive unto You and of our offspring a nation submissive unto You, and show us our Manaasik [all the ceremonies of pilgrimage - Hajj and `Umrah], and accept our repentance. Truly, You are the One Who accepts repentance, the Most Merciful.Our Lord! Send amongst them a Messenger of their own [and indeed Allah answered their invocation by sending Muhammad], who shall recite unto them Your Verses and instruct them in the Book [this Qur'an] and Al-Hikmah [full knowledge of the Islamic laws and jurisprudence or wisdom or Prophethood], and purify them. Verily, You are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.'

(Qur'an 2: 127-129)

Allah answered the prayer of His Close Friend Ibraaheem and his son the Prophet of Allah Ismaa`eel. Muhammad :saw: was the outcome of that answer. The Tawraat (Torah) which is extant today - despite the fact that it has been distorted - still contains something of those glad tidings. We see in it that Allah answered Ibraaheem's prayer for Ismaa`eel. In the Bible, in the Book of Genesis, it says:

"And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation."

(Genesis 17:20 - NIV)

In the Samaritan Torah this verse is very similar. The literal translation of the Hebrew text is:

"And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will increase his numbers by means of ma 'ad ma 'ad ."

(Nubuwwat Muhammad min ash-Shakk ilal-Yaqeen, Pp. 250; Muhammad Nabi al-Islam, Pp. 3.)

Ibn al-Qayyim mentioned that in some ancient copies of the Torah the text was as quoted here.

This points to the coming of our Prophet Muhammad :saw: in several ways:

a)
The nation that is great in the sight of Allah must be a Muslim nation, and this nation did not exist among the descendents of Ismaa'eel until after the Messenger had been sent and the Muslims spread east and west.

b)
The Hebrew text "ma 'ad ma 'ad" is a clear reference to the name of the Messenger :saw:. The translators rendered it as "very very" or "much much", but the correct translation is Muhammad :saw:, because in Hebrew it is pronounced as me 'od me 'od, and the Hebrew pronunciation is close to the Arabic.

c) It says that twelve rulers will be born, and this is in accordance with the statement of the Messenger :saw: that this ummah would be ruled by twelve Khulafa (Caliphs), all of them from Quraysh.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Prophet Moosa (Moses) foretold the coming of the Prophet

Definitive news came to the Children of Israel long ago of the unlettered Prophet, via the Prophet of Allah Moosa (Moses). He brought them the certain news of his mission, his attributes, the nature of his message and the characteristics of his nation. He would be an unlettered Prophet and he would enjoin his ummah to do good and forbid them to do evil. He would permit them all that was good and forbid them all that was evil. He would relieve those among the Children of Israel of the burdens and fetters that Allah knew would be imposed upon them because of their sin. The followers of this Prophet would fear their Lord, pay their zakah and believe in the signs of Allah. The certain news came to them that those who believed in this unlettered Prophet, venerated him, respected him, supported him, helped him and followed the light which had come down with him, would be those who would be successful. Allah, the All-Glorious, All-Powerful says:

... [As to] My punishment I afflict therewith whom I will and My Mercy embraces all things. That [Mercy] I shall ordain for those who are the Muttagoon [the pious], and give Zakah; and those who believe in Our Aayaat [proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs and revelations, etc.];

Those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write [i.e. Muhammad :saw:] whom they find written with them in the Tawraat [Torah] and the Injeel [Gospel] - he commands them for Al-Ma 'roof [i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained]; and forbids them from Al-Munkar [i.e. disbelief, polytheism of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden]; he allows them as lawful At-Tayyibaat [i.e. all good and lawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods], and prohibits them as unlawful Al-Khaba 'ith [i.e. all evil and unlawful as regard to things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods], he releases them from their heavy burdens [of Allah's Covenant with the children of Israel], and from the fetters [bindings] that were upon them. So those who believe in him [Muhammad], honour him, help him, and follow the light [the Qur'an] which has been sent down with him, it is they who will be successful.

(Qur'an 7: 156-157)

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Other traces of this foretelling in the Bible

There are some traces of this foretelling left in the Bible. In the Book of Deuteronomy God says to (Prophet) Moses:

"I will raise up for them (i.e., for the Children of Israel) a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account."

(Deuteronomy 18:18-19 - NIV)

The fact that this refers to our Messenger :saw: is quite clear, because he is from among the children of Ismaa'eel, who are the brothers of the Children of Israel. Their grandfather was Ishaaq (Isaac), and Ismaa' eel (Ishmael) and Ishaaq were brothers. Muhammad :saw: is from among the Arabs and is from the best family among them. The phrase "like you" means one who brings a law like Moosa. Muhammad :saw: is the one in whose mouth Allah put His words, for he was unlettered and did not read from the scriptures, but Allah revealed to him His words, and he memorised them and recited them. He was the Messenger who was sent to all of mankind, and the Children of Israel are required to follow him and to give up their laws and follow his laws. Whoever does not do that, Allah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) will punish him:

"If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account."

(Deuteronomy 18:19 - NIV)

What this tells us is that this is a remnant of the great glad tidings which Allah revealed to Prophet Moosa (Moses) and of which the Qur'an tells us, is the fact that this was narrated in a particular context, where Moosa chose seventy men from among his people to meet Allah, and they were seized with the violent earthquake. That was because they had demanded to see Allah. So Moosa (Moses) prayed to his Lord and beseeched Him, then Allah brought them back to life after they had died. Allah said after Moosa had beseeched and prayed:

...[As to] My punishment I afflict therewith whom I will and My Mercy embraces all things. That [Mercy] I shall ordain for those who are the Muttaqoon [the pious]...

(Qur'an 7: 157).

If you look at the Bible, at the Book of Exodus, you will find that these glad tidings [of the coming of Muhammad :saw:] were revealed to Prophet Moosa (Moses) after he had gone to meet Allah. The Bible speaks of something similar to the earthquake:

"When the people saw the thunder and lightning and heard the trumpet and saw the mountain in smoke, they trembled with fear. They stayed at a distance..."

(Exodus 20:18 - NIV).

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Eesa (Jesus) foretold the coming of the Prophet

Allah tells us that Prophet 'Eesa (Jesus) (aalayhis-salaam) foretold the coming of our Messenger Muhammad :saw::

And [remember] when 'Eesa [Jesus], son of Maryam [Mary], said: 'O' Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allah unto you, confirming the Tawraat [(Torah) which came] before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad. But when he [Ahmad, i.e. Muhammad] came to them with clear proofs, they said: 'This is plain magic.’

(Qur'an 37: 6)

Ahmad is one of the names of our Prophet Muhammad :saw:, as was proven in Saheeh al-Bukhari, where it is narrated that Jubayr ibn Mut`im said: I heard the Messenger of Allah :saw: say,

"I have (several) names. I am Muhammad; I am Ahmad; I am Al-Maahi by means of whom Allah eliminates kufr; I am Al-Haashir at whose feet (i.e., behind whom) the people will be gathered (on the Day of Resurrection); and I am Al-‘Aaqib (i.e. the one who succeeds the other prophets in bringing about good)."

- Muslim also narrated something similar.

(Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 6/646)

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Two likenesses of the Tawraat and Injeel

Allah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) cited two likenesses of the Tawraat and Injeel for our Messenger Muhammad :saw: and his Companions:

Muhammad :saw: is the Messenger of Allah. And those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and falling down prostrate [in prayer], seeking Bounty from Allah and [His] Good Pleasure. The mark of them [i.e. of their Faith] is on their faces [foreheads] from the traces of prostration [during prayers]. This is their description in the Tawraat [Torah]. But their description in the Injeel [Gospel] is like a [sown] seed which sends forth its shoot, then makes it strong, and becomes thick and it stands straight on its stem, delighting the sowers, that He may enrage the disbelievers with them. Allah has promised those among them who believe [i.e. all those who follow Islamic Monotheism, the religion of Prophet Muhammad till the Day of Resurrection] and do righteous good deeds, forgiveness and a mighty reward [i.e. Paradise].

(Qur'an 48: 29)

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Foretelling in the Old Testament

The Old Testament which is in circulation nowadays has been distorted and altered. This is indicated by the contradictions which we find concerning many issues. There are three versions of the Old Testament: Hebrew, Greek and Samaritan. Each of these peoples claims that their version is the correct one. There are clear differences between the editions and translations of the Bible. This distortion led to many of the foretellings being lost or obscured. Nevertheless, traces are left of many of these foretellings, and they are not hidden to one who ponders the matter and compares them to the life of the Messenger of Allah :saw:, keeping away from the influence of whims and desires.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
The Messenger is mentioned by name in the Bible

Some of these glad tidings clearly mention the name of Muhammad :saw:. Some Muslim scholars discovered these texts, but the ongoing distortion of this book led to the subsequent elimination of these texts. An example of that is what is mentioned in the Book of Isaiah:

(Al-Jawaab-as-Saheeh, 3/326)

"I have made you praiseworthy (Muhammad), O' Muhammad, the one who is held in high esteem by the Lord, your name existed from eternity."

The statement that the name of Muhammad existed from eternity is in accordance with the words of the Messenger :saw::

"I was a Prophet even when Adam was still clay."

(Muhammad Nabi al-Islam, Pp. 18).

In the Hebrew Bible it says in the third chapter of the book of Habakkuk (Al-Jawaab as-Saheeh, 3/313):

"The earth was filled with the praise of Ahmad, and his right hand held sway over the nations."

In the edition published in London in 1848 CE, and the other published in Beirut in 1884 CE and in the ancient scripts, it is stated even more clearly:

"The heavens are illuminated with the glory of Muhammad and the earth is filled with his praise... your voice is in the rivers and in the seas, O' Muhammad come nigh, the mountains saw you and are filled with awe."

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Places and events connected with the Messenger are mentioned

In some places the location where his mission began is mentioned. In chapter thirty-three of the Book of Deuteronomy it says:

"The Lord came from Sinai and dawned over them from Seir; he shone forth from Mount Paran."

(Deuteronomy 33:2 - NIV)

Sinai is the place where Allah spoke to Prophet Moosa (Moses); Saa`eer (Seir) is the place where Allah sent Revelation to Prophet ‘Eesa; and Faraan (Paran) means the mountain of Makkah, where Allah sent Revelation to Muhammad :saw:. The fact that Mount Paran refers to Makkah is indicated by the texts of the Bible.

Allah mentioned these holy places together in the aayah:

By the fig, and the olive. By Mount Sinai. By this city of security [Makkah].

(Qur'an 95: 1-3)

The Bible mentions the place where revelation would come down to Muhammad :saw:. In the Book of Isaiah it says:

"Revelation from the direction of the land of the Arabs in rugged terrain."

(Isaiah 21)

And the beginning of Revelation in the land of the Arabs came in the rugged terrain of the cave of Hiraa'.

This passage also mentions the hijrah of the Messenger :saw: and refers to the place to which he would migrate:

"Bring water for the thirsty; you who live in Tema, bring food for the fugitives. They flee from the sword, from the drawn sword, from the bent bow and from the heat of battle."

(Isaiah 21:14-15 - NIV)

Teemaa' (Tema) lies on the outskirts of Madeenah, and if you examine the text you will clearly see that it is speaking of the Hijrah (migration) of the Messenger :saw:. The concluding text says:

"This is what the Lord says to me: 'Within one year, as a servant bound by contract would count it, all the pomp of Kedar will come to an end. The survivors of the bowmen, the warriors of Kedar, will be few.' The Lord, the God of Israel, has spoken."

(Isaiah 21:16-17 - NIV)

This text speaks of the battle of Badr, for it came one year, as a servant bound by contract would count it, after the Hijrah. All the pomp of Kedar came to an end, for Kedar (in Arabic, Qeedaar) was one of the children of Ismaa`eel, and his descendents were the people of Makkah, and the bowmen of Kedar were few after the battle of Badr.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
The Bible refers to one of the features of the place to which the Messenger migrated

Some Biblical texts refer to the place to which the Messenger :saw: would migrate. In the Book of Isaiah it says:

"Let the desert and its towns raise their voices; let the settlements where Kedar lives rejoice. Let the people of Sela sing for joy; let them shout from the mountaintops. Let them give glory to the Lord and proclaim his praise..."

(Isaiah 42:11-12 NIV)

Kedar was one of the sons of Ismaa'eel, as is stated in Genesis 25:13.

Saali` (Sela) is the mountain of Sala' in Madeenah.

The shouting and proclaiming mentioned here is the adhaan (call for prayer) which still echoes five times a day, that magnification and praise on the `Eids and at all times during the day and the night, was called out by the pure mouths of the people of Madeenah beside the mountain of Sala'.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
The Bible refers to things that happened at the hands of the Prophet

The texts mention the spread of his call and some of the things that happened to the Messenger :saw:. In the third chapter of the Book of Habakkuk it says:

"God came from Teman, the Holy One from Mount Paran, Sela. His glory covered the heavens and his praise filled the earth. His splendour was like the sunrise; rays flashed from his hand, where his power was hidden.

Plague went before him; pestilence followed his steps. He stood, and shook the earth; he looked, and made the nations tremble. The ancient mountains crumbled and the age-old hills collapsed."

(Habakkuk 3:3-6 - NIV)

This is a foretelling of the great victory which the Messenger :saw: and his followers attained, and of how his call would spread throughout the earth. The ancient mountains - meaning the powerful nations of ancient glory - would crumble and the age-old hills - meaning the lesser nations - would collapse. All of that came to pass. This also refers to two other matters which will be understood by those who have knowledge of the Prophet's biography: rays like light from his hand and plague going before him and pestilence following his steps.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
The rays and light which shone from his hand

The text says,

"His splendour was like the sunrise; rays flashed from his hand, where his power was hidden."

Then it says:

"He stood, and shook the earth; he looked, and made the nations tremble."

It seems to me that this is speaking of a specific incident. This is what happened to the Prophet :saw:, when the Sahaabah were unable to break up a rock whilst they were digging the trench. The Messenger :saw: came and struck it a mighty blow, and one-third of it came away and there came from it a light. His Companions said,

"Allaahu Akbar!"

Then he struck it a second and a third time. The Messenger :saw: said that by the first light he saw the palaces of Syria, by the second light he saw the palaces of Persia and by the third light he saw the gates of San'aa'.

Nasaa'i and Ahmad narrated with a hasan isnad that Al-Baraa' ibn `Aazib said:

"The Messenger of Allah :saw: commanded us to dig the ditch. In one part of the ditch we were faced with a rock in which none of our pick-axes were able to make a dent. We complained about that to the Prophet :saw:. He came and took the pick-axe, then he said,

‘Bismillaah,'

- and stuck the rock. One third of it came away. Then he said,

‘Allaahu Akbar, I have been given the keys of Syria. By Allah, I can see its red palaces right now.'

Then he struck it a second time and the second third came away; he said,

‘Allaahu Akbar, I have been given the keys of Persia. By Allah I can see the white palace of Al-Madaa'in.'

Then he struck it a third time, and said,

‘Bismillaah.'

Then he broke up the rest of the rock, and said,

‘Allaahu Akbar. I have been given the keys of the Yemen. By Allah I can see the gates of San'aa' from where I am right now."'

(Fath al-Baari, 7/397)

According to a report by Tabaraani:

"He struck the rock and lightning blazed forth from it. He said,

‘Allaahu Akbar! As did the Muslims...

[The Prophet :saw:) said:]

'The first flash of lightning illuminated the palaces of Syria, and Jibreel told me that my ummah would prevail over them..."'

(Ibid)

Look again at the text that we quoted above:

"His splendour was like the sunrise; rays flashed from his hand, where his power was hidden. He stood, and shook the earth..."

Then think about the ahaadeeth that we have quoted here. Is this not the event which fulfils this prophecy?

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Plague went before him; pestilence followed his steps

This prophecy says:

"Plague went before him; pestilence followed his steps."

This - by Allah - is a clear prophecy that is not open to any other interpretation. Before the Messenger :saw: came to it, Madeenah was known for the fever.

According to a hadith narrated by Ibn 'Abbaas,

"When the Messenger :saw: and his Companions came to Makkah to perform `Umrah - the `Umrah which is known as `Umrat al-Qadaa' (the fulfilled pilgrimage) - the mushrikeen said:

"There has come to you a group which has been weakened by the fever of Yathrib."

- This has been narrated by Bukhari.

(Fath al-Baari, 3/469).

This fever affected the Companions of the Messenger :saw: when they first came to Madeenah, and the Messenger of Allah :saw: prayed to his Lord to take away the fever.

It is narrated that `Aa'ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said:

"When the Messenger of Allah :saw: came to Madeenah, Abu Bakr (radhiyAllaahu anh) and Bilaal (radhiyAllaahu anh) became ill.

I met them and said,

'O' my father, how do you feel? O' Bilaal, how do you feel?' When Abu Bakr fell ill he would recite a couplet:

"Every man wakes up among his family,
but death is closer than his shoelace."

When the sickness would leave Bilaal (radhiyAllaahu anh), he would recite the couplets:

"I wonder whether I will spend night

In the valley (of Makkah) with idhkhir and jaleel (kinds of grass) around me?

Will I one day drink the water of Mijannah?

Will I be able to see (the hills of) Shaamah and Tafeel?"

Bukhari narrated from the mother of the believers, `Aa'ishah, who said:

"I came to the Messenger of Allah :saw: and told him, and he said,

'O' Allah, make Madeenah as dear to us as Makkah, or more so, and make it healthy. Bless its weights and measures for us, and take its fever away to Al-Juhfah."'

(Fath al-Baari, 7/262).

At the end of Kitaab al-Hajj Bukhari added:

"Then Bilaal said:

'O' Allah, curse 'Utbah ibn Rabee`ah, Shaybah ibn Rabee`ah and Umayyah ibn Khalaf, as they have expelled us to the land of pestilence.’”

(Ibid, 7/263)

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Yathrib was infected with fever and...

...hardly anyone could enter it without being afflicted

Allah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) answered His Messenger's prayer, and took the fever away from it, and made it healthy. And He prevented the plague from entering Madeenah. According to the hadith narrated by Ahmad in his Musnad from Abu `Usayb, the freed slave of the Messenger of Allah :saw:: The Messenger of Allah said:

"Jibreel (Gabriel) (aalayhis-salaam) came to me with the fever and the plague. I kept the fever in Madeenah and sent the plague to Syria."

(Musnad by Ahmad, 5/81).

Perhaps the fever was kept in Madeenah at the beginning, then it was sent to Al-Juhfah, or perhaps what is meant is that it was kept in the region where Madeenah is, because Al-Juhfah is close to Madeenah. Whatever the case, the prophecy came to pass as foretold in the Bible.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
General prophecies

In some cases, the prophecies are general and mention the attributes of the Messenger :saw: and the Revelation that Allah would send to him, and news of his ummah, and the help that would come down to him and how the angels would support them, and some of the things that Allah would bestow upon His Messenger, such as his ascent to heaven (Al-Mi`raaj) and so on. An example of that is the prophecy of Daniel.

Daniel –

(Al-Jawaab as-Saheeh, 3/331, 4/3).

- said, warning the Jews and describing to them the ummah of Muhammad :saw::

"God will cause them to prevail over you; He will send among them a Prophet and reveal to them a Book. Your necks will be under their control, and they will subdue you and humiliate you with the truth. The men of Kedar will emerge among the nations, accompanied by angels on white horses. They will encompass you and your end will be the Fire. We seek refuge with God from the Fire."

Kedar was the son of Ismaa'eel (Ishmael). They spread throughout the land and seized control of Syria, Arabia, Egypt and 'Iraq. Many reports state that the angels used to come down on white horses, as they came down on the day of Badr and the day of Al-Ahzaab. Daniel said, clearly stating the name of Muhammad :saw:: "Many arrows will be shot from your bows, and arrows will be drenched with blood by your command, O' Muhammad."

Daniel also said: "I asked God and beseeched Him to show me what would happen to the Children of Israel and whether He would forgive them and restore to them the kingdom and send Prophets among them, or would that be given to others? The angel appeared to me in the form of a young man with a handsome face, and said,

'Peace be upon you, O' Daniel.

God says:

'The Children of Israel have angered Me and rebelled against Me. They have worshipped other gods instead of Me. They have gone from knowledge to ignorance, from truth to falsehood. So I sent Nebuchadnezzar (Bakht Nasr) against them, and he killed their men and enslaved their women and children, destroyed their places of worship and burned their books. Those who came after him did likewise to them. I am displeased with them and I will not help them when they face adversity. They will remain subject to My wrath until I send the Messiah (Jesus), son of the virgin, and I will conclude the matter with curses and wrath.

They will remain cursed and humiliated, until I send the Prophet from among the children of Ishmael, of whom I sent glad tidings to Hagar, when I sent my angels to her with glad tidings. I will send revelation to that Prophet, and teach him the names. I will adorn him with piety and make his way the way of kindness and piety. I will make his speech true and his nature loyal and fair and wise. I will bestow upon him a Book which will confirm the Books that came before him, abrogating some of that which they contain. I will bring him to Me on a journey by night, and bring him up from one heaven to another, ascending until I bring him close to Me and greet him with peace, and bestow revelation upon him. Then I will send him back to My slaves with joy and happiness, taking care of that which is entrusted to him, learning by heart that which I tell him. He will call people to worship Me alone with gentle speech and beautiful preaching, with no harshness or yelling in the marketplaces. He will be kind to his friends and merciful towards his enemies, calling his people to worship Me and Me alone telling them what he has seen of My signs. But they will reject him and persecute him."

Ibn Taymiyah said:

"Then Daniel mentioned the story of the Messenger of Allah :saw: as he heard it from the angel, ending with the Trumpet blast and the end of this world."

He then said:

"This prophecy is still extant among the Jews and Christians. They read it but they say that this person has not yet appeared."

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Prophecies from the Gospel

In the Gospel of Matthew it says:

"And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come. He who has ears, let him hear."

(Matthew 11:14-15 - NIV)

The Messenger :saw: told us that there was no Prophet between him and Eesa (Jesus). So the "Elijah" of whom Eesa spoke has to be Muhammad :saw:. From the context it seems that the "Elijah" whom the Jews loved is equal to Muhammad.

In the Gospel of John it says:

"If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counsellor to be with you forever."

(John 14: 1 5-16 - NIV)

In other languages, it says,

"And he will give you paracletos to be with you forever."

The literal meaning of the Greek word paracletos is Ahmad, which is one of the names of the Messenger :saw:.

(Muhammad Nabi al-Islam, Pp. 36).

In the Gospel of John it says:

"When the Counsellor comes, whom I send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me."

(John 15:26 - NIV)

"He will testify about me" because the Prophet Muhammad :saw: bore witness that the Messiah (Jesus) was a Prophet and a Messenger. The spirit of truth is a metaphor for the Messenger Muhammad @saw@. The meaning indicated in this modern translation is not precise, because the original Greek - the language from which these Gospels were translated - says paracletos. In the Arabic translation published in 1821, 1831 and 1844 CE in London, it says "faraqleet," which is closest to the Greek word referred to.

(Ibid)

But the translation of this word in modern translations as al-mu`azzi (counselor) is the kind of distortion for which Allah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) condemned the People of the Book. In the words of the Qur'an:

...Some who displace words from [their] right places...

(Qur'an 4: 46)

It should also be noted that there is a missing sentence before the sentence mentioned in verse 26 of this chapter of the Bible, which is omitted in modern translations but which is clearly stated in older editions of the Gospel. This sentence says:

"If the munahmana whom God sent comes to you."

The literal meaning of munahmana in Syriac is Muhammad :saw:.

(op.cit., Pp. 39. Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah quoted all the reports in which Prophet Eesa (Jesus) foretold the coming of the Prophet :saw: and highlighted the evidence contained therein. See Al-Jawaab as-Saheeh, 4/6).

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Other prophecies from the Gospels

(Nubuwwat Muhammad min ash-Shakk ilal-Yaqeen, Pp. 297)

In the twenty-first chapter of the Gospel of Matthew it says:

"Jesus said to them, 'Have you never read in the Scriptures: 'The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone (or cornerstone); the Lord has done this and it is marvellous in our eyes'?

Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. He who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces, but he on whom it falls will be crushed."'

(Matthew 21:42-44 - NIV)

This stone is our Prophet Muhammad :saw:. Both Bukhari and Muslim narrated from Abu Hurayrah and Jaabir ibn `Abdullah that the Messenger of Allah :saw: said:

"The likeness of me and the Prophets who came before me is that of a man who built a house and made it beautiful, apart from the place of one brick in the corner. The people started walking around it and admiring it, saying,

'Why did you not put this brick here?'

I am that brick and I am the Seal of the Prophets."

Ibn al-Qayyim (Hidaayah al-Hayaaraa, 381-382) said:

"Think about what the Messiah (Jesus) said in another prophecy:

'The stone the builders left (delayed?) has become the capstone (or cornerstone).'

How this is in accordance with the words of the Prophet :saw::

`The likeness of me and the Prophets who came before me is that of a man who built a house and made it beautiful, apart from the place of one brick in the corner. The people started walking around it and admiring it, saying,

'Why did you not put this brick here?'

I am that brick.'

Think about what the Messiah (Jesus) said in this prophecy: "and it is marvellous in our eyes," and "the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people..."

This is in accordance with the words of Allah:

And indeed We have written in Az-Zaboor [i.e. all the revealed Holy Books the Tawraat (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), the Psalms, the Qur'aan] after [We have already written in] Al-Lawh al-Mahfooz [the Book that is in the heaven with Allah] that My righteous slaves shall inherit the land.

(Qur'aan 21: 105)

And:

Allah has promised those among you who believe and do righteous good deeds, that He will certainly grant them succession to [the present rulers] in the land...

(Qur'aan 24: 55)."

A similar text appears in the eighth chapter of the Book of Matthew:

"I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

(Matthew 8:11 - NIV)

This prophecy refers to the victory of the ummah of Islam, which comes from the east and the west, and which will earn the pleasure of Allah along with those whom Allah has blessed, namely the Prophets, the siddeeqoon (those followers of the Prophets who were first and foremost to believe in them), the martyrs and the righteous -and how excellent these companions are! (Qur'an 4: 69)

It says in Al-Faariq:

"O' Christians, if you are fair-minded you will accept that those who come from the east and from the west are the ummah of Muhammad. You were present there and you were addressed when the Messiah, peace be upon him, spoke of a people who would come in the future and excluded you when he said, 'But the people of Divine' ..."

(Al-Faariq, 54)

Another passage occurs in the fourth chapter of the Gospel of John:

"Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship [God] neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem."

(John 4:20-24 - NIV)

This text points to the emergence of a new religion, whose centre would move from Jerusalem, and it indicates that the direction of worship would shift from Bayt al-Maqdis (Jerusalem) to the Ka`bah, the direction of worship of the followers of the new religion. This is confirmed in the aayah (verse) in which Allah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) says:

Verily, We have seen the turning of your [Muhammad's :saw:] face towards the heaven. Surely, We shall turn you to a Qiblah [prayer direction] that shall please you, so turn your face in the direction of Al-Masjid al-Haraam [at Makkah]. And wheresoever you people are, turn your faces [in prayer] in that direction. Certainly, the people who were given the Scripture [i.e. Jews and the Christians] know well that, that [your turning towards the direction of the Ka`bah at Makkah in prayers] is the truth from their Lord. And Allah is not unaware of what they do.

(Qur'an 2: 144)

In the beginning the Muslims used to face Bayt al-Maqdis (Jerusalem) when they prayed, then this aayah was revealed, commanding them to turn towards the sacred House of Allah in Makkah.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
From the Gospel of Luke

The author of Al-Injeel was-Saleeb -

(Nubuwwat Muhammad min ash-Shakk ilal-Yaqeen, Pp. 300)

- tells us that it says in the Gospel of Luke:

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth Islam and to mankind Ahmad"

(Luke 2:14)

But the translators of the Gospel rendered it as follows:

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favour rests."

(Luke 2:14 - NIV)

The author of this book thinks that the correct translation is that which he mentioned.

The author states that there are two words mentioned in the original language of which no one knows what the exact meaning is. So these two words were not translated as they should have been in the old translation from Syriac.

These two words are: Eiriny, which they translated as peace, and eudokia, which they translated as favour (KJV good will).

The first of these two words, eiriny, has been translated as peace (salaam), but the author believes that the correct translation is Islam. On page 40 he says:

"It is well known that the word Islam covers a very broad range of meanings which includes the meanings of words such as peace, reconciliation, cessation of fighting, security, tranquility, and it includes another meaning which is greater, more general, more comprehensive and stronger in meaning. The words of the angels, "and on earth peace", cannot mean general reconciliation and cessation of fighting, because everything that exists, especially living beings, and especially humankind that lives on this small planet Earth is subject to natural and social laws which dictate that there will be events and disasters such as disputes and wars and confrontations... It is impossible for people to live on earth in reconciliation and for fighting to cease."

"Then he quotes the words of the Messiah (Jesus):

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword."

(Matthew 10:34 - NIV)

"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!...Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division."

(Luke 12:49, 51 - NIV)

So the translation does not fit with the words and mission of the Messiah. The correct meaning, therefore, is "and on earth Islam".

He also thinks that eudokia means Ahmad and not happiness or good will, as it is translated by the bishops. That is because the Greeks do not say eudokia for good will, rather they say euthelyma.

He states that the word doxazo has the meaning of praise, longing, desire, love and expressing one's thoughts. Hence the adjective derived from this word, doxa, means praise, praised, praiseworthy, precious, desired, wanted and glorious.

He quotes many examples of that in Greek. And he says that they translated the word mahamadaytu in Isaiah 64:11 (we treasured) as endoxa heimon, and they translated the adjectives derived from it -praiseworthy, illustrious, glorious, praised, modest, victorious – as endoxos.

Thus, he concluded that the correct translation of what Luke mentioned is
Ahmad or Muhammad, not happiness or good will. So the correct translation of the angels' words is:

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth Islam and to mankind Ahmad."

(See Al-Injeel was-Saleeb by Al-Abb 'Abdul-Abad Dawood, 34-53)