Prophet muhammad in a dream

Ibn_hassan

Servant of Allah
:salam2: brothers and sisters few months ago while I was in sleep I saw someone standing infront of me facing the qibla. This man wearing a black thawb and was leading us fajr prayer. I was standing right behind him in first line,I had not seen his face I really wish I could as he was standing infront of me facing the qibla.We were praying in a mosque were the ground was just sand and the roof was made of palm trees I suppose thats how the prophets mosque was before it was built by the khulafa. I suppose this was the prophet (s.a.w) because shaytan can not take the form of prophet muhammad. I wanted to tell this dream about someone who interpretes dreams but didn't find really find anyone. So could please let me know if you know anyone or any online scholar (I mean someone who follows the quran and sunnah على الطريقة التي يفهم السلف ) who is a dream interpreter so I can ask. jazakumullah khayr.

safiya58

mashaallah. I don´t no any scholar who can interpret dreams but u had such a beautiful dream... it is ckair inshaallah

muna

ابنة الاسلام
:salam2:

MashaAllah, you are very lucky bro that you had such beautiful dream..i hope itz somethin very special inshaAllah..best of luck akhi

waslam

Phoyage

Salam
I wish you coulda seen his face!
As a kid I saw his arm once...
Too bad it wasn't all of him (PBUH)
:(

nasiruyola

:salam2: brothers and sisters few months ago while I was in sleep I saw someone standing infront of me facing the qibla. This man wearing a black thawb and was leading us fajr prayer. I was standing right behind him in first line,I had not seen his face I really wish I could as he was standing infront of me facing the qibla.We were praying in a mosque were the ground was just sand and the roof was made of palm trees I suppose thats how the prophets mosque was before it was built by the khulafa. I suppose this was the prophet (s.a.w) because shaytan can not take the form of prophet muhammad. I wanted to tell this dream about someone who interpretes dreams but didn't find really find anyone. So could please let me know if you know anyone or any online scholar (I mean someone who follows the quran and sunnah على الطريقة التي يفهم السلف ) who is a dream interpreter so I can ask. jazakumullah khayr.

:ma:

Assalam brother, I wish you all the best from your dream.
You dont need to worry about dream interpretation the following is copied from the translation of SAHIH ALBUKHARIY (RAHMATULLAHI ALAIHI)

Volume 9, Book 87, Number 112:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Allah's Apostle said, "A good dream (that comes true) of a righteous man is one of forty-six parts of prophetism."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Volume 9, Book 87, Number 113:
Narrated Abu Qatada:

The Prophet said, "A true good dream is from Allah, and a bad dream is from Satan."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Volume 9, Book 87, Number 114:
Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:

The Prophet said, "If anyone of you sees a dream that he likes, then it is from Allah, and he should thank Allah for it and narrate it to others; but if he sees something else, i.e., a dream that he dislikes, then it is from Satan, and he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil, and he should not mention it to anybody, for it will not harm him."

Volume 9, Book 87, Number 115:
Narrated Abu Qatada:

The Prophet said, "A good dream that comes true is from Allah, and a bad dream is from Satan, so if anyone of you sees a bad dream, he should seek refuge with Allah from Satan and should spit on the left, for the bad dream will not harm him."

Volume 9, Book 87, Number 116:
Narrated 'Ubada bin As-Samit:

The Prophet said, "The (good) dreams of a faithful believer is a part of the forty-six parts of prophetism:'

Volume 9, Book 87, Number 117:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The (good) dream of a faithful believer is a part of the forty-six parts of prophetism."

Volume 9, Book 87, Number 118:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "A good dream is a part of the forty six parts of prophetism."

Volume 9, Book 87, Number 119:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "Nothing is left of the prophetism except Al-Mubashshirat." They asked, "What are Al-Mubashshirat?" He replied, "The true good dreams (that conveys glad tidings)."

Volume 9, Book 87, Number 120:
Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

Some people were shown the Night of Qadr as being in the last seven days (of the month of Ramadan). The Prophet said, "Seek it in the last seven days (of Ramadan)."

Regarding whether or not it was the holy prophet (S.A.W) that you might have seen or not: read the seerah of the prophet and know his real shape- if you see him in that shape, insha ALLAH is him that you have seen.
it is true that saitan cannot appear in his shape but can appear in a dream and lie that he is the holy prophet-example encouraging one to do sins-e.t.c
regarding this, IBN SIRIN (RAHMATULLAHI ALAIHI) SAID: (IF HE(THE ONE WHO DREAM OF THE PROPHET) SEES HIM IN HIS REAL SHAPE): SEE THE HADITH AND THE LINKS BELOW:
Volume 9, Book 87, Number 122:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard the Prophet saying, "Whoever sees me in a dream will see me in his wakefulness, and Satan cannot imitate me in shape." Abu 'Abdullah said, "Ibn Sirin said, 'Only if he sees the Prophet in his (real) shape.'"

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/...rces/texts/muslim/hadith/bukhari/087.sbt.html

Volume 9, Book 87, Number 123:
Narrated Anas:

The Prophet said, "Whoever has seen me in a dream, then no doubt, he has seen me, for Satan cannot imitate my shape.

Volume 9, Book 87, Number 124:
Narrated Abu Qatada:

The Prophet said, "A good dream is from Allah, and a bad dream is from Satan. So whoever has seen (in a dream) something he dislike, then he should spit without saliva, thrice on his left and seek refuge with Allah from Satan, for it will not harm him, and Satan cannot appear in my shape."

Volume 9, Book 87, Number 125:
Narrated Abu Qatada:

The Prophet said, "Whoever sees me (in a dream) then he indeed has seen the truth ."

Volume 9, Book 87, Number 126:

The Prophet said, "Who ever sees me (in a dream) then he indeed has seen the truth, as Satan cannot appear in my shape."

Miss_Ayub

Salaam

i dont know any scholars sorry but what a beautiful dream.. i hope you will share the meaning of the dream when you find out [if you want that is]

Wassalam

nafesa

muslim gurl
:ma: you are sooo lucky that you had such a beautiful dream i wish me and all my brothers and sisters in islam see our prophet in dream and in jannah :tti_sister:insha'allah
:wasalam:

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam

its tru that shaytan does not take the form of Prophet Muhammad :saw: but dats only if u no how he luks my suggestion is to read up on the description of RasulAllah :saw:

my older sister had more or less the sme dream Allahu Akbar i ope for you it was Muhammad :saw: praying :salah: in front

wasalaam

pcozzy

I would not assume the dream u had was the prophet(PBUH) unless it matches what we know as a description. As for the sahaba, personally and many others have seen them in a dream according to what is described.

Your dream is definitely a good one since you were performing ibada. There is a lot of material out there with respects to dream interpretations. I myself had the opportunity to listen to Anwar Awlaki audio series, where he goes step by step the hadith and the types of dreams. I will see if I could find it.

:wasalam:

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
salam brother,

though i'm glad that u had a wonderful dream, a dream that u like, i want to contradict your opinion that u saw Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) himself in ur dream. this is because of the following narration.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard the Prophet saying, "Whoever sees me in a dream will see me in his wakefulness, and Satan cannot imitate me in shape." Abu 'Abdullah said, "Ibn Sirin said, 'Only if he sees the Prophet in his (real) shape.'"
-Volume 9, Book 87, Number 122

the above narration means that when u see prophet in ur dream, then u will get to see him when u wake up. ==>this leads that only a person who saw prophet or who has ability to see him(like the people who lived in the days of prophet) can have a dream in which Prophet may appear.

I read this point in a book (tamil language) about 'Islam's views about dreams' written by a scholar. But as the dream seems to be a pleasant one, there must be another fruitful meaning.

correct me if i'm wrong.

ma salaam

Ibn_hassan

Servant of Allah
salam brother,

though i'm glad that u had a wonderful dream, a dream that u like, i want to contradict your opinion that u saw Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) himself in ur dream. this is because of the following narration.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

-Volume 9, Book 87, Number 122

the above narration means that when u see prophet in ur dream, then u will get to see him when u wake up. ==>this leads that only a person who saw prophet or who has ability to see him(like the people who lived in the days of prophet) can have a dream in which Prophet may appear.

I read this point in a book (tamil language) about 'Islam's views about dreams' written by a scholar. But as the dream seems to be a pleasant one, there must be another fruitful meaning.

correct me if i'm wrong.

ma salaam

Jazakmullah khayr for ur thoughts brothers and sisters to brother kadereliyas
I have seen and read the hadith u mentioned above by abu huraira. As for the commentry on the hadith i think it is better to provide the source of that commentry.