punishement for parents while children risponsible

sky_012

:salam2:

please it would be very nice of someone if you could tell me if it is mentionned in hadith or sunnah that parents can have punishements for the sins their children commited or every illness and calamity that happen to someone is only due to his/her own sins and can't be due to the children

i would be really thankfull and May Allah SWT Rewards you Ameen

:wasalam:

:salam2: Yes the parents will be punished if they dont teach there children about Islam. But if the Parents do and the children later on decide not to follow then the parents are not responsible cause they did there duty

sky_012

Jazak Allah for replying, really ;

i understand but if the parents did their absolutely besttttt as humans and parents and later have to face illness or calamity in this world , and if even as person they behave as better as they can in their lives but children are bad because they deviated after learning , so the illness the parents are faicng or the calamity , can it be due to the sins of their children or is it impossible and the reason behind the illness is something else?

is it possible that the parents encounter sufference due to children sins even if they tried their best to make them muslims?

jazak Allah in advance

:wassalam:

Believe2Succeed

AOA WRWB SKy
I understand your question completely now. At first I did not. BOI tried to answer you in the right way as well. But I see the issue now.
You have a concept that sins cause illness / calamities. This is not true. Even for ones own self. Yes Allah SWT can gives us hardship / sickness and it will wipe out our minor sins if we are patient and obey Allah sWT during the trial. But it is not necessary that an affliction or trial is due to someone sins. Or even their offsprings sinning for that matter. Prophet AYub AS was sick with illness for a long time. Was that from him being a sinner (May Allah protect us) ..? NO ..right?
And Rasul Allah SAW died after an illness..So it was notfrom sins. YEs sins can bring on problems, but not always. Only if Allah SWT wants it to be that way.
So that is one thing that you should clear up in your mind.
Now, then you once you do that you can better understand the matter of deviant children. If as BOI answered above, the parents do their level best, but the children (by the will of Allah sWT) are deviant, then they will not be held responsible.
Quran says on numerous occasions :
Al-An'am (The Cattle) > [6:164]
Al-Isra (The Journey by Night)> [17:15]
Fatir (The Originator of Creation)> [35:18]
Az-Zumar (The Groups)> [39:7]
An-Najm (The Star) > [53:38]

"no bearer of burdens can bear the burden of someone else"

So if the parents taught the children something in ignorance. E.g. they used to sing with music. And they became repentent, (either after excepting islam or by just knowledge and realization) then they told the children to stop earnestly and in kind words as well as harsh (depending on the age of the children). But they did not listen. So do you think the parents can be held accountable still? Maybe only Allah SWT knows whether HE will punish them or forgive them. But the general rule would be that InshAllah they will be forgiven.
They will have to bare the effect of their sins during the life definitely. By bearing the agony of the children deviating and transgressing.
WAllahu Alam.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Do sins have any effect on the family of the sinner?

Question:
My parents say that if I commit sin it would have an affect on the entire family.
Lately they have been going through some hard times such as loosing money by theft and paying penalties. Can it be because of me or the sins that I have commited in past?
It does not seem correct to me, if God for bid my mom or did commit a sin will all the children be affected by it?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

No person will be punished for the sins of another. Each person will be brought to account for his own sins. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And no bearer of burdens shall bear another’s burden”[Faatir 35:18]

But if the father or mother commits a sin, this may be a cause of making the family members follow their example.

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 2/610

But the consequences of the sins committed by the sinner may go beyond him to affect his family, as a punishment for him and a test for his family. Allaah tests man with disasters in order to expiate for his sins, and Allaah may test people with blessings. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“We shall make a trial of you with evil and with good” [al-Anbiya’ 21:35]

Whatever the case, the Muslim must avoid sin so that he will not be subject to the wrath and anger of Allaah. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

sky_012

Jazak Allah , for replying and telling me about this, Jazak Allah also for the references of Quran and Sunnah , it really helped me;

you must have understood why i'am asking this;
i can't see my mom ill or dad ill , and when my mom is ill the frst very first thing that immediately comes in my mind is that she is beeing punished for the sins i have commited in the past , even if i 'm repenting from these sins ; this thought haunts me all the time, even while i'm sleeping, in my dreams every time i see my mom ; because my mom sincerely tries her best to show us the right example and right behaviour and i can't understand why she is facing hard times, plus this thought is alawys in my mind so i feel so much guilty and to tell the truth it's hard for me to face my mom while she is suffering , i prefer not spending too much time with her even if i really should, because if i spend time with her and be nice, she'll say i'm happy you are my nice child , and this makes me more shamefull even because i'm absolutely positive and sure it's due to me, and i think in my mind if she knew that it's due to me, she wouldn't like me anymore, well you know it's complicated but this is what is in me,
Inshallah i'll pray and ask for forgiveness and patience Inshallah Inshallah