Punishment for Apostates in Christianity

Córdoba

Deuteronomy Chapter 13 KJV

6 - If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;

7 - Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

8 - Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:

9 - But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

10 - And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

11 - And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you.

12 - If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the LORD thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying,

13 - Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known;

14 -Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you;

15 - Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.
-------------------------------------

There you have it people - the punishment for Apostates in Christianity is clearly DEATH. In fact, it goes beyond that and advocates the destruction of entire cities.

wasalam

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

Actually that is from the Torah or what the Christians refer to as the "Old Testament" of the bible. They teach that Jesus (peace be upon him) came to fulfill the law so that they were no longer bound by the precepts of the Old Testament. It's one of the reasons they are allowed to eat pork and not keep the kosher laws, they believe Jesus (peace be upon him) offered salvation by alternate means than obeying the law.

So while the Jews are still bound by the laws that tell them how to treat apostates, the Christians have a loophole. I think of it like a "get our of jail free" card, one of the reasons I could never agree to becoming a Christian, their logic is hugely flawed.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

Córdoba

So while the Jews are still bound by the laws that tell them how to treat apostates, the Christians have a loophole. I think of it like a "get our of jail free" card, one of the reasons I could never agree to becoming a Christian, their logic is hugely flawed.

:salam2:

Too right, at the end of the day, it will be their own deviation which will ultimately destroy them.

wasalam

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
:salam2:
Salaam,

Actually that is from the Torah or what the Christians refer to as the "Old Testament" of the bible. They teach that Jesus (peace be upon him) came to fulfill the law so that they were no longer bound by the precepts of the Old Testament. It's one of the reasons they are allowed to eat pork and not keep the kosher laws, they believe Jesus (peace be upon him) offered salvation by alternate means than obeying the law.

Wasalaam

~Sarah
Yes, very true. There surely is a loophole and the reason is contradicting Jesus or say taking someone else's advice over Jesus' own.
Jesus was a devout Jew and taught his desciples,
Matthew 23

1Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
2Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
Matthew 5
16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Matthew 19
16And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Matthew 7
21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
How much more clearly did Jesus need to tell them to stick to and abide by the Law of Moses ?