Purchased langocity Arabic

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu Alaykum,

I made the mistake of purchasing Langocity Arabic. I am completely lost from page one. The 400+ page manual is in arabic without translation and the audio has little English to guide you. It seems like it is the old US Foreign Service Language Course. I regret spending the nearly $70.00 for it and would have been better off pay a few dollars more for the Rocket Arabic Course. This is only my first impression, but as for now, I recommend avoid the Langocity Arabic Course. It is downloadable and provides no entrance point into the subject matter. A big disappointment.

I also order Arabic in English which I know is an excellent program for learning to read Arabic for Native English Speakers. Hopefully, it will help me make sense out of the much more expensive Langocity Arabic Course.

I hope others can avoid my mistakes by my posting here. If it is helpful, I will let you know. If not, I will let you know. It really bothers me when I am a poor steward of what Allah provides for me.

hambaAllah

WHAT A SITE!!!!!!!!

:bismillah:
:salam2:

the best site for me currently to learn arabic and everything that got to do with the deen.. in English... is by visiting this website ..... www.thefiks.org. The brother was a revert and he speaks and teaches arabic beautifully....you wont believe that he is not an arab.....he teaches tajweed rules for recitation of the quran... Al-Ajurumiyah for arabic grammar and even basic arabic alphabets using english word to pronounce the arabic alphabets.. hope you know what i mean....go pay(it is free) this site a visit and in my humble opinion you wont regret it . InshaAllah noone have posted this site before,, if someone did,, shukran jazillan

:wasalam::hijabi:
fee amanillah

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Jazaak Allaahu khayr. Have you looked at the popular Madinah series? Books and Video lectures for every lesson can be found at www.lqtoronto.com. However, as a word of advise, the instructor is a great teacher, has a personality but his pronounciation lacks tajweed. But that can be learnt elsewhere so it's not too big an issue.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

Shokran for the links. There is a great course for English Speakers which I got from Brother Yusuf Estes. It is extremely reasonably priced. One of my three DVDs didn't work but the other two were fine and both CD-ROMs worked. I am sure he will send me a new copy of the defective one which may have been damaged in shipping, I don't know.

You can preview it on youtube under Arbic in English Yusuf Estes. It is alot of fun learning his way.