Discussion in 'TurnToIslam Lounge !' started by a_stranger, May 1, 2016.
Purpose of life.. To glorify God by being.
Sure by being like :
63. And the slaves of the Most Beneficent (Allah) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness.
64. And those who spend the night before their Lord, prostrate and standing.
65. And those who say: "Our Lord! Avert from us the torment of Hell. Verily! Its torment is ever an inseparable, permanent punishment."
66. Evil indeed it (Hell) is as an abode and as a place to dwell.
67. And those, who, when they spend, are neither extravagant nor niggardly, but hold a medium (way) between those (extremes).
68. And those who invoke not any other ilah (god) along with Allah, nor kill such life as Allah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse and whoever does this shall receive the punishment.
69. The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace;
70. Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds, for those, Allah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
71. And whosoever repents and does righteous good deeds, then verily, he repents towards Allah with true repentance.
72. And those who do not witness falsehood, and if they pass by some evil play or evil talk, they pass by it with dignity.
73. And those who, when they are reminded of the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of their Lord, fall not deaf and blind thereat.
74. And those who say: "Our Lord! Bestow on us from our wives and our offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders for the Muttaqun"(pious - see V.2:2 and the footnote of V.3:164)."
75. Those will be rewarded with the highest place (in Paradise) because of their patience. Therein they shall be met with greetings and the word of peace and respect.
76. Abiding therein; excellent it is as an abode, and as a place to dwell.
77. Say (O Muhammad to the disbelievers): "My Lord pays attention to you only because of your invocation to Him. But now you have indeed denied (Him). So the torment will be yours for ever (inseparable permanent punishment)."
Quran chap 25
We don't have quite so many conditions upon us to have Gods assured love. we need to have faith and love in our hearts for Him. If we attain that we no longer wish to hurt God by sinful actions, then we come closer to Him. He does not need to threaten us with hellfire because knowing that if we are in a state on non repentant sin we are separated from His love and that is worse than anything hellfire has to offer.
God gives us guidance, for you the Qur'an for me Yeshua... Who keeps me grounded to the right path. Although, of course sometimes I stray coz I am not perfect, but when I do I know God will be there to show the way back. No matter our differences.. We have God/Allah as centre point in our life we will be ok.
Right path for me BTW.
I did some thinking about this and I know there are many people who want to be close to God out of fear of hellfire. I dont really know how to consider this, but I do believe that Allah, in His Wisdom, knows that is best for some people to refrain out of fear than to not refrain at all, for their own good.
To repent, to pray, to be humble, to read Quran, are not all like conditions, but many different ways and possibilities in which each of us can show love for Allah. One can be easy for some and the same can be hard for another.
Allah knows best
Separate names with a comma.