[Q]WHAT!? Music is Haram!!!!!!!!????!!!!!!!!!! :o

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Dont get me wrong here i am giving it up but i feel like something else is at stake and its my Iman. I was thinking about this in the grocery store with my brother and then there was one thought that just kept hitting me and over and over saying " What if you sacrafice this for the sake of allah, but then find your religion was wrong. You did all that for nothing! You could of done this this this etc...?" and then i just think to myself no that cant be but i sense some doubt.

:salam2:

Some parts of this post, go a long way in understanding why Music is prohibited. Music is supposed to be a 'leisure' activity in the first place ( I am talking in general, not according to Islam).

Now, the remorse of leaving a leisure activity that had no benefit to you. What is this remorse ?

The matter of fact is that the heart is attached/enslaved to this 'music', it is addicted and needs it. It takes it joys and sadness from it. It likes to hear it, even if it is in the background while one is eating,driving,shopping etc etc. When it misses it, it feels strange.

Does music deserve such a place in the heart ? No

The Holy Quran is the one that deserves such a place in the heart of a believer. It is the one, our hearts should long for, that we should feel attached to and miss it when we don't hear or recite it.

Its not surprising that one of the words that the earlier muslims used to call music was 'quran us shaytaan' because it takes the place of Holy Quran in our hearts and makes us long for useless, vain and non beneficial talk.

You can listen to the other descriptions of music here:-

[yt]fR9wWXxkTTk[/yt]

For a few moments forget about the haram-halaal issue and ponder on this -

So if one leaves listening to music and replaces it with remembrance of Allah swt, he replaces the songs on his Ipod with beautiful recitation of Qaris and Islamic lectures, when he goes online, he wants to listen beneficial lectures, nasheeds and quran recitations. Do you think that he will regret leaving this 'music' for remembrance of Allah swt ?

Your inner voice says " You did it all for nothing".. The reply is " The gain in rewards is mighty because it increases the remembrance of Allah swt ".

Plus we aren't even accounting for the reward in leaving something that is prohibited for the sake of pleasure of Allah swt. SubhanAllah !...

Make dua'a to Allah swt to make it easy for you, Allah swt is our source of strength.

Wasalaamalaikum waa rahmatullahi

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
" What if you sacrafice this for the sake of allah, but then find your religion was wrong. You did all that for nothing! You could of done this this this etc...?" and then i just think to myself no that cant be but i sense some doubt.

Yes i have read the miracles of the Quran etc... but they arent really getting through to me :(

these thoughts are frm shaitan akhi. i also sometimes face similar thoughts when i want to sacrifice something for the sake of Allah. but sacrifice it, Allah will bless you with sweetness of faith which will take away these evil thoughts. inshallah

when we recall the miracles done by prophet :saw: or the End Times knowledge given to us, the heart cant attest that Islam is false.

wht if a person dont believe in Allah or Islam and find after death that Allah is True and Hereafter is true? life destructed! isnt it?

unitedmuslim_73

I was wondering, does it apply to nasheeds too?

lsitening to nasheeds or not is a highly debatable topic but to be on the safest side, its better you dont listen to it because nasheeds are sometimes against islamic beliefs...there are some nasheeds who give a position to the imam and prophet which is not true in reality....but you can listen to Cinta rasul. its nasheed from indonesia. the title is Ya thoybah but done let nasheed take the position of Quran in your time....

unitedmuslim_73

I was wondering, does it apply to nasheeds too?

Listening to music and musical instruments

Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) used to swear by Allaah that the aayah “And of mankind is he who purchases idle talk to mislead (men) from the Path of Allaah . . .” [Luqmaan 31:6] referred to singing. Abu ‘Aamir and Abu Maalik al-Ash’ari (may Allaah be pleased with them) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Among my ummah will be those who make permissible al-hira(adultry or zinah), silk, khamr and musical instruments . . .” (Reported by al-Bukhaari; see al-Fath, 10/51). Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “In this ummah there will be punishments of earthquakes, showers of stones and deformity (transformation into animals); that will be when the people drink khamr, listen to female singers and play musical instruments.” (See al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 2203; attributed to Ibn Abi’l-Dunyaa, Dhamm al-Malaahi; the hadeeth was narrated by al-Tirmidhi, no. 2212).

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade the “koobah” (a kind of drum), and described the flute as the voice of the immoral fool. The early scholars such as Imaam Ahmad, may Allaah have mercy on him, stated that musical instruments such as the 'ood (lute), tanboor (a long-necked stringed instrument), reed flute, rabaab (stringed instrument resembling a fiddle) and cymbal, were haraam; no doubt modern instruments such as the violin, qaanoon (stringed musical instrument resembling a zither), organ, piano, guitar, etc., are also included in the Prophet’s prohibition on musical instruments, because their effect and impact is greater than that of the ancient instruments mentioned in some ahaadeeth. They are even more intoxicating than khamr, as scholars such as Ibn al-Qayyim mentioned. No doubt the prohibition, and the sin involved, are greater when the music is accompanied by singing and the voices of female singers, and it is even worse when the lyrics speak of love and describe physical beauty. Hence the scholars said that singing paves the way for zinaa (adultery or fornication), and that it makes hypocrisy grow in the heart. Generally speaking, music and singing form one of the greatest temptations of our times.

What is very difficult is the fact that nowadays music is a part of so many things, such as clocks, doorbells, children’s toys, computers, telephones, etc., and avoiding it takes a great deal of determination. Allaah is the source of help.