Question about beard

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum ,
thank you so much daywalker and yakubpasha

brother Dr Zakir naik really helped, my confusion is he said that we need to trim the mustache, alot of people shave it completely? so should we shave the mustache or trim it?

Also, I have decided to grow a beard
I need some help i think i need to do a complete shave to get my hair even, and then let it grow. and what about on my throat? do we let it grow all over the throat or what is the ruling there
Thank you

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Salamu alaikkum akhi, if your niyyah is to grow a beard then i suggest not to shave it off to make it even or anything, because reason being you will be sinning by shaving it off or trimming, because you are going against command of Prophet Muhammed sallallahu alaihy wa salam. I would say just leave your beard as it is, whether is grows or not. Because some people say that you can shave if you want to make your hair grow, and this is against the command of Prophet Muhammed sallahu alaihi wa salam. You must know it is obligatory for every man to grow his beard and that is part of his hijab. Also know that the amount of hair that grows on your face is from Allah. It is a barakah if you let it grow. Inshallah May Allah make it easy, and know that the sunnah is to let your beard and not trim it till your fist, because only one sahabah done this, and only done it once. So know that all the pious predecessors allowed their beards to grow.

:salam2:
brother thank you i need to ask some question but it will make this thread go off topic i think i will a new thread :) hope to see u there

yakubpasha

:salam2: brother

Asak Brother.. I always have known french beard as the type where the beard and mustache join and goatee is you have the beard only.. Just do a google image search and you will see what i mean.. The Malaysian brothers dont get a complete beard but thats not a goatee as the size of beard differs from the 'YO' Goatee :)