Question about Islam..

Safiyah_

Hello everyone

My question has been bugging me for a while now. If I revert to Islam, can I still go to weddings, funerals or other ceremonies in a church?
Because my family is catholic and I asked this question to some friends but they didn't know the answer.

And if they ask you to be godfather or godmother, are you allowed to accept?

xx

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Hello Sakinah..

I found two fatwas one containing some wonderful advice for a woman in a situation somewhat like yours (i.e. emotionally she's just a bit hesitant to convert because she's worried about not being able to contact her family)...and the second is about attending celebrations and such of non-Muslims...please read through them..they'll be of benefit to you I am sure..

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/20961/اعيادهم

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/3325/احتفالاتهم

May Allah set your heart upon His Truth and make you amongst the guided..Ameen!

:wasalam:

may peace be to you,

learn this ayah, for it is in meaning something that will move a person to the oneness of Allah;(2:255) Surah Al-Baqara verse 255:

Allah! There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory). (255)

and as the kind sister, a_muslimah86 posted some information about your situation is addressing your question. In addition to that is a reminder and what every human needs to understand and take to heart.

may Allah guide you and all of us.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

i'll advice u firstly to revert to Islam. let not these issues be an obstacle to the path of ur Creator - Almighty Allah.

come under His mercy and later u can discuss these things.

may Allah make ur path towards Him easy for you.