Question About Salah

GAZZH1991

Allahu Akbar!!
Salamu Alaikum,

As some of you may know I am a recent revert to Islam.

I'm just wondering, Is it obligatory to recite a Surah from the Quran after Al-Fatihah because I have memorised Al-Fatihah but I am struggling to memorise another Surah for some reason.

Also I haven't managed to memorise the bit we say when we kneel at the end of 2 Rakats and 4 Rakats...Is it ok that I don't read these bits until I have memorised them?

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:
no its just sunnah to say a surah after alhatiha
my advice to you is have a paper that has everything you need to say and put it next to you so you can see it
put it on topleft/right cuz you shouldnt look around while praying
my mom (she is revert ,English)
she used to put like 10 papres on the bed next to her :lol:
and now she knos them by heart

Joanna-Aisha

http://www.islamicfinder.org/prayer/index.html
Yes, Brother Osmanelmais is right! I used to pray with many sticky notes, but Elhamdolellah I know 3,5 Surahs now and both Tashahhud's:) How you can do this? I reccomend this website above (I got it from Brother from Syria, Elhamdolellah) and just listen to this as many times as you can.Read as much as you can and memorize it:) You will deal with this inshaAllah, but use more senses than only reading!
Take care
Allah(swt) with You!
Maa el salama!

GAZZH1991

Allahu Akbar!!
Salamu Alaikum,

Thank you both for your advice.

I have printed off The things I need to say whilst kneeling and will put them on the floor to read off :)

epilogue

Sister in Islam
I bought a small/medium sized whiteboard that I prop up in sight of my prayer rug, and on it I write the verse I'm currently learning. After a few days, I find I don't need to glance at it anymore.

I've also used this website to listen to verses being recited so that I can get an idea of the pronounciation.

Congratulations on your reversion!

Akilah

Memorize Surah Al-Kawthar it is the shortest surah. Inshallah it will be easy for you. You also can just pick two ayah from any surah and recite that.