question about sufi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greek_Rose_2005

asalam alikoum brothers and sisters,

I have a question for everyone I have lately been having a problem with a "so called" friend...she lately has been insulting my beliefs when I have been trying to encourage her we were having a discussion about holidays which I am a revert even as a christian I was not celebrating most holidays but when i reverted i read up on the meanings of them and she was basically saying that christmas is bad to celebrate ( I am well aware i never one time celebrated it ) and i was telling her i dont celebrate any holidays only islam holidays of eid...and she was shocked and told me she celebrated holloween and valentines and b days, i was trying to explain that holloween is pagan and about its origins coming from celts or tortured and made human sacriific which say says she does not care that im making it a bigger issue then it is and kids just dress up and everyone gives candy...when i try explain to her she start telling me I am a sufi and that she totally disagrees with this way of thought...I never thought of myself as sufi or shia or sunni or any sect as i believe muslims are one united...so my question is what is it that sufis believe in?

Status
Not open for further replies.