Question about water doing fast.

4mMadara2Amina

I still don't know if I am fasting today (as it is Monday) than I can't even drink a water? I am not sure about this.

As this morning I only got to know that there should be fast on Monday and Thuesday than I wish to know before doing somthing wrong.

This than will be my first time to fast :)

Villing to hear soon the answers.

Your sister,
Amina.

FreedomFighter

:salam2:

Fasting is on Monday and Thursday and it is optional. It is good to fast on these days. Before fasting, make sure to do the intention. The intention is to yourself so that you know if you are going to fast.

If the day is almost over, just keep your fast. Otherwise, I'm not so sure but I guess it's up to you. But I think maybe you're not fasting because you just found out in the morning that you can fast on Monday, i don't know if there was your intention to fast as you didn't know.

Btw, can I know your story to Islam? Is there a link to it in this forum?

hello sisters, if you are fasting today you should not eat or drink from start time ie sunrise to finish time sunset nothing must pass your lips not even medication. good luck with your first fast inshallah you manage well. wa assalamu alaikum.

4mMadara2Amina

>*<

hello sisters, if you are fasting today you should not eat or drink from start time ie sunrise to finish time sunset nothing must pass your lips not even medication. good luck with your first fast inshallah you manage well. wa assalamu alaikum.

I haven't drink or eat anything today. And Jazak Allah Khayran about your wishes. I wish that I fast this day very good and be strong enough. Ameen.

May Allah always bless you,
Amina.

4mMadara2Amina

:salam2:

Fasting is on Monday and Thursday and it is optional. It is good to fast on these days. Before fasting, make sure to do the intention. The intention is to yourself so that you know if you are going to fast.

If the day is almost over, just keep your fast. Otherwise, I'm not so sure but I guess it's up to you. But I think maybe you're not fasting because you just found out in the morning that you can fast on Monday, i don't know if there was your intention to fast as you didn't know.

Btw, can I know your story to Islam? Is there a link to it in this forum?

If day is almost over I should keep my fast, than what would be the time when I can break my fast and eat at least something not so heavy before taking a sleep? Or better is to start eat only into next day?

Well yes, only this morning when I have read one post about Fasting in Monday and Thursday I have been thinking I should do it too, if in result there is good deeds. It might be a good train also for Ramadan. Because I haven't done it also never before. So do I wish to do only good things and not say I can't do it before even trying.

I think and I guess I haven't post my story how did I become into the Islam. So than I will introduce myself in a new tread today before going to doctor special for you and others who might like to read it.

Best of regards,
your sister,
Amina.:hijabi:

FreedomFighter

MashaAllah sister, may Allah bless you for you're fasting. If you can finish this day, then that's fine InshaAllah. May you get a lot of reward :)

You can break your fast when you hear the call to prayer for the maghrib adhaan. I don't know what time will maghrib be in your place, but InshaAllah, at maghrib you can break your fast.

No, don't start to eat the next day ;) Eat when the call for maghrib prayers comes. That's the time to break your fast. If you're thinking to fast next time, then you can take your sahoor. Sahoor means you eat food before the prayer for the next morning, the day you are going to fast. So before fajr/subuh prayer, you should eat something. It is sunnah :)

Yes, it will also be good training for Ramadhan. May God reward you.

Thanks, I look forward to reading your story :)

4mMadara2Amina

>*<

MashaAllah sister, may Allah bless you for you're fasting. If you can finish this day, then that's fine InshaAllah. May you get a lot of reward :)

You can break your fast when you hear the call to prayer for the maghrib adhaan. I don't know what time will maghrib be in your place, but InshaAllah, at maghrib you can break your fast.

No, don't start to eat the next day ;) Eat when the call for maghrib prayers comes. That's the time to break your fast. If you're thinking to fast next time, then you can take your sahoor. Sahoor means you eat food before the prayer for the next morning, the day you are going to fast. So before fajr/subuh prayer, you should eat something. It is sunnah :)

Yes, it will also be good training for Ramadhan. May God reward you.

Thanks, I look forward to reading your story :)

I have been post my story :)
I can't hear the calling for the prayer, because my country not muslim country and closest Mosque are into city centre. But as I understand the time to break fast is after Maghrib prayer. And in the same day? Like today? And also before Fajr it is allowed to have a meal that can fast all day, right?

Thank you so much already for sharing your knowledge , it helps me a lot.
Allah Hafiz,
Wish to hear soon again. :hijabi:

FreedomFighter

I have been post my story :)
I can't hear the calling for the prayer, because my country not muslim country and closest Mosque are into city centre. But as I understand the time to break fast is after Maghrib prayer. And in the same day? Like today? And also before Fajr it is allowed to have a meal that can fast all day, right?

Thank you so much already for sharing your knowledge , it helps me a lot.
Allah Hafiz,
Wish to hear soon again. :hijabi:

I saw, I will soon read InshaAllah :)

Then you could find out the times for the adhaan from the closest mosque, you will know the times for the adhaan and time to break your fast. You can break fast when you hear the adhaan or when it is time for adhaan (because maybe you will not hear it as you don't have mosque near you). So you are fasting today, you break your fast today at maghrib time. Don't wait the next day, or you are going to be very hungry :( and it is also not correct if you don't break your fast on the same day. Yes, before fajr, around 4 or 5 a.m (depends on your adhaan times, not during adhaan, but before adhaan) you should have a meal, so you can have energy during the day. It is the sunnah even to eat a date. Make sure you have enough time to eat before the fajr adhaan.

I'm glad to help you :) InshaAllah :hijabi:

4mMadara2Amina

>*<

I saw, I will soon read InshaAllah :)

Then you could find out the times for the adhaan from the closest mosque, you will know the times for the adhaan and time to break your fast. You can break fast when you hear the adhaan or when the when it is time for adhaan. So you are fasting today, you break your fast today at maghrib time. Don't wait the next day, or you are going to be very hungry :( and it is also not correct if you don't break your fast on the same day. Yes, before fajr, around 4 or 5 a.m (depends on your adhaan times) you should have a meal. It is the sunnah even to eat a date.

I'm glad to help you :) InshaAllah :hijabi:

You helped me a lot, really :) One more time big thank you.:muslim_child:
Well the problem is that in my whole country has only 2 mosque. So what am going to do is break my fast after maghrib prayer =))))))))))))))))))
I will save this information to not forget and in case I got to comfuse I can rewread once again. Am really happy now.

May your day be belessed today, tomorrow and days ahead those days =))) Ameen. :tti_sister:

FreedomFighter

One more time I'm glad to help :)

That will be a little hard maybe? When you know they already said the adhaan, then you can eat a date or something small. Then after you pray, you can eat more, like a dinner. I think that is more correct, but I will search for you.

How is your first day of fasting?;) May Allah bless you and your days InshaAllah.

4mMadara2Amina

>*<

Well yes, it is a little bit hard. I have been up nearly 7 hours and feel so hungry, because before Fajr even didn't take any meal. Pluss went outside for doctor and it took extra energy. But so far it is okay. As I am alone in home no one don't make me hungry :D Wish it stays like this , because only after 6hours am able to eat. Its after Magrib my country time :)
Thank you for asking- very lovely :hijabi:
Wish keep a contact with you.
Åmeen.:hijabi:

FreedomFighter

Must be really hard :( But 6 hours InshaAllah, you'll realize it will pass quickly :)

Thank you :) And I found a fatwa on when to break your fast. I will post some part for clarification, the fatwa is saying you should break as soon as maghrib adhaan or when it gets dark (when you know it is maghrib adhaan)

It was narrated from Sahl ibn Sa’d that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The people will continue to be fine so long as they hasten to break their fast.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1856; Muslim, 1098.

Al-Nawawi said:

This hadeeth means that we are encouraged to hasten to break the fast after ascertaining that the sun has indeed set. What this means is that the ummah’s affairs will continue to be in order and they will be fine so long as they adhere to this Sunnah. But if they delay breaking the fast, that will be an indication of some misguidance that they are following.

4mMadara2Amina

>*<

Must be really hard :( But 6 hours InshaAllah, you'll realize it will pass quickly :)

Thank you :) And I found a fatwa on when to break your fast. I will post some part for clarification, the fatwa is saying you should break as soon as maghrib adhaan or when it gets dark (when you know it is maghrib adhaan)

It was narrated from Sahl ibn Sa’d that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The people will continue to be fine so long as they hasten to break their fast.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1856; Muslim, 1098.

Al-Nawawi said:

This hadeeth means that we are encouraged to hasten to break the fast after ascertaining that the sun has indeed set. What this means is that the ummah’s affairs will continue to be in order and they will be fine so long as they adhere to this Sunnah. But if they delay breaking the fast, that will be an indication of some misguidance that they are following.

wOw.. Now I see that is very important to break the fast in time =) I love this site soooo much just because of so nice people here, so do you :) + can get so much of knowledge. too happy today.

FreedomFighter

It is also good that you have to break your fast in time, so then you don't have to wait so long ;)

I'm happy that you are happy :). Can I know what this means? >*<

And thanks for the add :)

4mMadara2Amina

>*<

It is also good that you have to break your fast in time, so then you don't have to wait so long ;)

I'm happy that you are happy :). Can I know what this means? >*<

And thanks for the add :)

well it is a symbol what have I use for a long time usually when I write someone. As a subject. Its like to faces to each other :p Sounds crazy, but yeah... Its without meaning, just unmade symbol. As I write poems I have a different way of seeing the things :) and even some lines can realise for me any kind of imagination of writing a new poem :) And you are most welcome :))

FreedomFighter

well it is a symbol what have I use for a long time usually when I write someone. As a subject. Its like to faces to each other :p Sounds crazy, but yeah... Its without meaning, just unmade symbol. As I write poems I have a different way of seeing the things :) and even some lines can realise for me any kind of imagination of writing a new poem :) And you are most welcome :))

I see. Hey sis, just look at this thread, it's full of smileys, yellow, purple, green, pink and blue. LOL

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As-salamu 'alaykum, Sister,

Thank you for asking this question. When I was a Christian, I often fasted; however, like most Christians I knew, I only did a food fast. I would still drink water with some lemon juice in it to neutralize the foul breath that sometimes occur during three day fasts. I did a little research and found this explanation as to why Muslim don't drink water during a fast.

Reading Islam

Also, I did 72 hour fasts; consequently, I often got headaches and indigestion irregularity in the beginning. I am told by health "nuts" like my older brother that this is caused by the elimination of toxins from the body.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Also, I did 72 hour fasts; consequently, I often got headaches and indigestion irregularity in the beginning. I am told by health "nuts" like my older brother that this is caused by the elimination of toxins from the body.

:salam2: brother,

I understand that you were a devout follower of Christianity before you accepted the truth of Islam. I would however like to point out something that you mentioned above.

Having no intake of food for about 72 hours causes the body to lose a lot of sugar, salt and other essential a body needs daily. With due respect to your brother, the effects would be similar to that of someone facing starvation and not due to elimination of toxins.

As muslims, though we learn the great blessing food through fasting, we don't undergo in such an extreme way so as to harm the body and starve it of essential nutrients. Hence we are the religion following the straight middle path and avoiding either extremes.

Therefore, the rules of fasting in Islam show the wisdom and mercy of Allah Almighty. We are encouraged to eat a pre-fast meal (Suhur) before Adhaan of Fajr and we have to hasten the breaking of fast (Iftar) on Adhaan of Maghrib. Also, if a person can't carry on fasting and feels dizzy or fainting like symptoms, he/she may chose to break their fasts. Alhamdulillah, just pondering on the above make me realize and appreciate the beauty & simplicity of this Deen.

EDIT : Also if someone fasts the month of ramadan and plans his Suhur and Iftar properly and avoids oily food and excessive eating, and eats lot of fruits he can undergo a good body detox that can put any advertised detox programs to shame. :)

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi