question from friend

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
salam alaykum

would like to know that if someone's name is Muhammad Khaliq
then is that name wrong?. Cause only Allah(swt) can be named al khaliq.

Secondly does changing the name change a person's destiny?.

a_stranger

:salam2:

Several companions of the Prophet Muhammad :saw2: changed their Arabic names because the meanings of their names carried wicked connotations. For example, a companion called Harb ("war") changed his name to Silm ("peace"), and another called Al-Munba'ith ("one who lies") became Al-Mudtaji' ("one who stands up," i.e. for the truth).
But Khalid bin Alwalleed (radia Allahu anhu) didn`t change his name.

:wasalam:

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah

As far as I know, you can never name your selves or your children with Allah’s names…because those name do uniquely belong to ALLAH AZZAWAJAL alone..

And (all) the Most beautiful names belong to Allah, so call Him by them, and leave the company of those who belie or deny His names. They will be requite for what they used to do (7:180)

And for more information…

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah has ninety−nine Names, i.e., one
hundred minus one, and whoever believes in their meanings and
acts accordingly, will enter Paradise; and Allah is witr (one)
and loves 'the witr'(i.e., odd numbers)[Bukhari8.419]

BUT I HAVE HEARD YOU CAN NAME YOUR SELVES WITH ADDING ABD TO ONE OF THE ASMAUL HUSNAS..

Eg; Abdul malik, Abdullah, Abdurrazzaak…etc..as they would give you the meaning Slave of…(Allah)

I have read a hadeeth, which says that ALLAH loves the names, ABDUR RAHMAAN and ABDURRAHEEM…
I AM SORRY I COULDN’T FIND THE REFERENCE…

Same way…there is another narration…
Narrated Abu Huraira : The Prophet said, Allah hates the name “Malikul Amlaak”, the most.
Sufyaan (Rah) said, “Malikul Amlaak” means, the king of the kings..
Riyaadhussaaliheen; Hadeeth no 1726

I came across this Hadeeth when I was searching for the references

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Name yourselves with my name (use my name) but do not name yourselves with my Kunya name (i.e. Abul Qasim). And whoever sees me in a dream then surely he has seen me for Satan cannot impersonate me. And whoever tells a lie against me (intentionally), then (surely) let him occupy his seat in Hell−fire." [Bukhari 1.110]

So its ok if your friend’s name is followed by ABD… or else there is problem..
As far as the destiny is concerned… I don’t know about it for sure… But I have heard that you cant name children which would remind you of shirk… like… Raamah, etc…

This is what I know..and some times it may be correct + some times it may be wrong..and ALLAH AZZAWAJAL knows the best… and May ALLAH TALA forgive me if I am wrong..
Lets see what other prominent members will say…INSHA ALLAH

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

As far as I know, you can never name your selves or your children with Allah’s names…because those name do uniquely belong to ALLAH AZZAWAJAL alone..

And (all) the Most beautiful names belong to Allah, so call Him by them, and leave the company of those who belie or deny His names. They will be requite for what they used to do (7:180)

And for more information…

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah has ninety−nine Names, i.e., one
hundred minus one, and whoever believes in their meanings and
acts accordingly, will enter Paradise; and Allah is witr (one)
and loves 'the witr'(i.e., odd numbers)[Bukhari8.419]

BUT I HAVE HEARD YOU CAN NAME YOUR SELVES WITH ADDING ABD TO ONE OF THE ASMAUL HUSNAS..

Eg; Abdul malik, Abdullah, Abdurrazzaak…etc..as they would give you the meaning Slave of…(Allah)

I have read a hadeeth, which says that ALLAH loves the names, ABDUR RAHMAAN and ABDURRAHEEM…
I AM SORRY I COULDN’T FIND THE REFERENCE…

Same way…there is another narration…
Narrated Abu Huraira : The Prophet said, Allah hates the name “Malikul Amlaak”, the most.
Sufyaan (Rah) said, “Malikul Amlaak” means, the king of the kings..
Riyaadhussaaliheen; Hadeeth no 1726

I came across this Hadeeth when I was searching for the references

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Name yourselves with my name (use my name) but do not name yourselves with my Kunya name (i.e. Abul Qasim). And whoever sees me in a dream then surely he has seen me for Satan cannot impersonate me. And whoever tells a lie against me (intentionally), then (surely) let him occupy his seat in Hell−fire." [Bukhari 1.110]

So its ok if your friend’s name is followed by ABD… or else there is problem..
As far as the destiny is concerned… I don’t know about it for sure… But I have heard that you cant name children which would remind you of shirk… like… Raamah, etc…

This is what I know..and some times it may be correct + some times it may be wrong..and ALLAH AZZAWAJAL knows the best… and May ALLAH TALA forgive me if I am wrong..
Lets see what other prominent members will say…INSHA ALLAH

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu..
:jazaak:beautiful explainations sister