Question regarding memorizing quran

twas19

:salam2:

Dear brother and sisters pray to find us all in the best of health and soul.I just want to ask you all a question regarding memorizing Holy Quran.I am a college student and my parents are very much concerned about my education and they are strict regarding this matter and they do advice me to take part in sports as well because this keeps you mentally active.I don't have much interests apart from studies but to learn about holy quran and to memorize it .As i have said above that i am a college student and have to give due to time to my studies as well also my parents stress on me alot. So it is hard for me to goto any madressah and learn the tafseer ,tajweed and tilawah of holy quran over there.But still this is my interest and i do want to learn holy quran so this is the website from where i usually take help and it aids me alot in memorizing www.allahsquran.com/learn/ do you think that memorize and learning quran with such method is the right way and do you say that is the right source of learning holy quran,?.Today I discussed this matter with a person in my mosque but he became angry and started to criticize :( Can you all give me your advice.

Thankyou very much
:wasalam:

ahmed_elnaggar

"O lord forgive me "
assalamo allylom :

the website is very good , but u should memorize the Quran under the supervision of good shaikh and u can use the website to make the revision and may Allah (SWT) facilitate to u memorizing the Quran.

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
ASSALAMUALAIKUM.

may Allah open the way for you.
Just to share a story.
I know a student in the university, she memorized quran alone since she was 14.
Until now she has memorized 15 juzu. She is now 18.

I think you can do it too, even better. And you need also to know tajweed (on how to read correctly) n tafseer, try to make the best you can, any ways that fit your recent condition. Slowly slow inshaallah, Allah looks at your effort. Me myself I took approximately six years, but without tafseer. I'm still learning. May Allah bless you.

Abdirahman!

may Allah help you memorize quran. I'm college student too who is trying to memorize quran. brother, just a little advise don't forget to have a friend who also interested in learning the quran. that helps a lot than when you are alone.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*

MashaAllah! i feel SO extremely happy when i hear of more people wanting to memorize the Qur'an. SubhanAllah. Reminds me of this verse, "Verily, We Ourselves have sent down this Exhortation, and most surely We will be its Guardian" (Al-Hijr, 15:10)

It'll be safe-guarded in your heart *InshaAllah* as well as a zillion other people! MashaAllah!

All the best brother, may Alah make things easy for you.

Wassalaam

Shishani

Staff member
Wa `alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.

The Rewards for Memorizing the Qur'an
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25122

You should memorize the Qur'aan when you can. There is always time for that. Read every day some aayaat and try to memorize them. I saw an article where a shaykh answered how one should memorize, but I can't find it now. Anyway, he said that you should repeat for example the first aayah of soorah al-Jumu'ah (62) like 20 times or so.

There is always time for Qur'aan. Try to read for 10 minutes every day, then more and more. Or keep it like that, and inshaa Allaah you will memorize. It just needs motivation and tawakkal on Allaah.

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah

May Allah make it easy for you brother. Im doing hifz too and juggling school at the same time. What you can do is try to memorize before or after fajr. It helps alot really. And throughout the day repeat what you wish to memorize for that particular day. Make full use of your free time eg. while waiting for the bus, breaks between lessons etc.

And before you go to bed listen to what you have memorized. And the cycle goes on everyday! Insya Allah you will do great with the help of Allah.

Not to forget, duas duas and more duas! And make dua for others who are doing hifz too for the angels says Ameen to you!

wassalam.

weakslave

:wasalam:

If you were to ask me what to do in that situation, I would say this:

If I have money saved, I would go live in egypt for a year or two where there are many learned Quran sheikhs. Living expense there is cheap, and I would never regret it.

If you don't do it now, you will find it very hard to do it later. I know a brother who did this, it's definitely something amazing.

May Allaah help you memorize His book. May Allaah help us all in memorizing His book.