Question to Brothers who live in the U.S (Sisters can join too)

Al Qassimi

:salam2:

I been in the US for now a year for my studies, I wear jeans here, they do past my ankles so I was wondering, what do you brothers wear here?

Also, what do you do about your hair? Please share

Any opinions are welcomed.

ja_tu_miluju

Are you asking if jeans are a problem brother? I myself have seen many brothers wearing jeans when I see them at Friday prayer, I think as long as they're not really tight, and you have a belt to keep them up that it should be fine. But thats just my opinion. Even I wear jeans...I just wear jumpers and long shirts and stuff over to make it more modest, though I don't recommend you start wearing dresses brother ;)

Steve940

I used to roll up the legs up my pants until someone on these forums posted a hadith where rasul allah :saw: prohibited the folding of clothes while praying. So now I bought pants that are called capris that are just right, they hang to about mid-lower calf. As for my hair I am growing it out to be sunnah length insha'allah

Muslim :: Book 4 : Hadith 991
Ibn 'Abbas reported: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) had been commanded that he should prostrate on the seven (bones) and he was forbidden to fold back the hair and clothing. And in the narration transmitted by Abu Rabi' (the words are):" on the seven bones and I was forbidden to fold back the hair and clothing". According to Abu'l-Rabi' (the seven bones are): The hands, the knees, and the (extremities) of the feet and the forehead.

Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 72 :: Hadith 788
Narrated Al-Bara':
I did not see anybody in a red cloak looking more handsome than the Prophet Narrated Malik: The hair of the Prophet used to hang near his shoulders. Narrated Shu'ba: The hair of the Prophet used to hang down to the earlobes.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Yeah that's what I'd need brother, Capris :D LoL, but seriously though people don't shut up if you don't wear pants under your ankles, but mine just go to a bit above my ankles when I walk and stand up, but they get higher when I sit down. And I've told my mom to cut my long pants so they don't drag, and I don't look like a wanna be or anything, even tough most Muslim boys do the same.

And the bad thing about these things that I know is that no one listens to me or takes me seriously, they think that just because I'm 13 years old, they're smarter cause they're older, which is not true. And alot of our scholars and Muqtis today are ignorant. I'm not talking about Sheikhs or ALims from abroad, like Imam Anwar Al Awlaki or Sheikh Feiz Muhammad, I'm talking about the ones who we listen to in the masjid. They don't understand that Abu Dawud Hadiths aren't always authentic, and the great Ulemahs from the Salafs don't consider his Hadiths to be, only some of his ones are. But no one cares, right? They differentiate betwen being Hanaafee, Shafee, or Wahabi, but they don't even understand that we're supposed to be following Ahlus As Sunnah, and the teachings of Muhammad (SAW), who the Ulemahs and Salafs themselves gollowed.

Asslamu Alykum brothers.