Question

sal12

Salaam everyone,

Ive been feeling abit guilty lately because there is something that I really really want and so I've been making A LOT of dua for it but I feel guilty because I know I am making loads of dua only because I want something worldly. I feel like it's a bit hypocritical in that I am only praying extra and for forgiveness and making loads of dua because I want something.

Has anyone else felt the same? Im only doing extra worshipping as i know that only Allah can grant this to me and nobody and nothing else can. So I guess thats's not a bad thing. But I still feel a bit disgusted within myself because of this.

What do I do to stop feeling this way? Is it normal to worship extra if you desire something?

And btw the thing I want is completely halal just in case u were wondering.

Thanks

Sal

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

Assalamualaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatu

AlHamdulliah.

Sister you are on the right path. Ask from Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala like a two years old girl, when she wants a candy, crying and crying, till it is granted to you by Him.

May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala grants you whatever you heart desires in this world and hereafter, Ameen.

Walaikumassalam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatu

sal12

Arent we meant to pray for the sake of Allah though? I feel like im only praying for my own benefit. :(

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

Arent we meant to pray for the sake of Allah though? I feel like im only praying for my own benefit. :(

Assalamualaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatu

No sister when you are doing "I am making loads of dua only because I want something worldly" you are very fortunately performing a high form of Ibada even it is for worldly.

Sister Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala does not need our prayer nor He benefit from it in any way, rather we need our prayer to benefit us here and hereafter and the ultimate benefit will be if we are able to avoid hell fire on the day of final judgment.

If we pray/ask for any little or big thing from Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) with firm belief that only and only He has the power to fulfill it then we have done a higher form of Ibada.

There are many hadith that Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala is happy when we ask something from Him.

So, sister ask and ask and ask from the Most Merciful and do not let the Shytan deceive you from asking.

May, He who has the power to grant every and all things to every body, grant you your wish(es). Ameen.

And Allah knows the best.

Walaykum-assalam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatu

cabdixakim

Wa'aleykumas'salaam warahmatul'Lahi wabarakatuh...

What @PARVEZ SHAHIDI told you about seeking desperately from Allah is totally correct, your perception of what you're doing to get what you want,however, is also correct.

From this perspective; It's indeed "disgusting" to do extra worship only because you believe Allah will then grant you what you wish for... it atleast feels like " I did this and that now give me what I want"... This person is speaking from a position of authority and expects results after a period of doing extra deeds.

Rather, what one should do is to do extra worship only to get closer to Allah and by pleasing Him increase chances of having your wishes granted... This person then has good intentions and his goal is to get closer to Allah thus does not expect results for his extra good deeds.

sal12

@PARVEZ SHAHIDI - Jazakallahu khayr for your replies and your beautiful dua. May Allah also grant you your wishes and duas and bless you and your family. Ameen.

@cabdixakim - Jazakallahu khayr also for your reply. This is what I mean, I am making extra dua, even praying extra nafl for what I desire. I wish my intentions were to get closer to Allah but unfortunately it isn't as I would have worshipped like this before when I didn't desire this thing. I mean I pray 5x etc but my extra worshipping is merely for begging Allah to give me what I want. I also however, ask for forgiveness for this feeling and I am also asking Allah in my duas to help me to be sincere in my worshipping and to continue to worship this way even after He gives or doesnt give me what I want so I guess that's something.

I just wish I had the right intentions.

Salaam everyone,

Ive been feeling abit guilty lately because there is something that I really really want and so I've been making A LOT of dua for it but I feel guilty because I know I am making loads of dua only because I want something worldly. I feel like it's a bit hypocritical in that I am only praying extra and for forgiveness and making loads of dua because I want something.

Has anyone else felt the same? Im only doing extra worshipping as i know that only Allah can grant this to me and nobody and nothing else can. So I guess thats's not a bad thing. But I still feel a bit disgusted within myself because of this.

What do I do to stop feeling this way? Is it normal to worship extra if you desire something?

And btw the thing I want is completely halal just in case u were wondering.

Thanks