question

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Assalamu aleikum.
Please I have a question....
Is it ok to pray in the dark,or I have to turn on the light?
And the other question,if its ok to pray when u hear the music playing .Just I work at the place where the music always playing,and I found only one small place to pray when I'm at work,but even from there I can hear the music.But I want to do Salat no matter what,but the music disturbing me to concentrate while I'm praying..Its very hard...
salam to all

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Is it ok to pray in the dark,or I have to turn on the light?

If the conditions of prayer are fulfilled and the essential parts or pillars of the prayer are completed, then the prayer is valid. Light is not an essential condition of prayer or an obligatory part of the prayer. But if the darkness is a cause of fear which disturbs a person to the point that he cannot have the necessary presence of mind and humility (khushoo’) in prayer, then it is makrooh for him to pray in the dark.

Islam Q&A

BlueFish

Asalamu alakum,

That sounds difficult, funny i had trouble concentrating the other day during the evening prayer when the washing machine was on spin cycle and it was so loud I couldn't hear myself think! LOL!

How far would you have to go just to have a more private atmosphere, like outside somewhere around the corner? I am just trying to imagine where you work. It sounds like you are stuck in a closet or something.

Candle light is nice, if that is at all appropriate. I don't know where you work.

PEACE!

Abdul Hadi

Assalamualaikum,

It would help if you could understand what u r reciting during solat. For me, it helps to block the interference that might cause me to lose my concentration during solat.

And also pray as though u can "see" Allah infront of u or know that He sees your every moves. Insya-Allah u may be able to perform solat well irregardless of where u might be.