Question

sal12

Assalamu alaikum and ramadhan mubarak,
My question is, is that if the Night of Power is one of odd nights in the last ten nights of ramadan then why does everyone stay up only on the 27th for the Night of Power?

Jazakallahu khayran

ummrayhan

:salam2:

jus to let u knw that laylatu- kadar is not pacificly told that it is on that night as people think. This is why most people stay up al nyt for the 27/ 29th ramadn. It is told that laylatu- qadar falls on the last 10 odd nyts on ramadan
n so far im aware, theres a hadeeth sayin laylatul- qadar falls on the 27th ramadan.
Walahu 3lam
:wasalam:

EGY.Muslim

Assalm alikum wa rahmat allah wa barakato

there is no hadith say its on 27 there is hadith say its on the odd nights of the last 10 days

ahmed3711

From my point of view i think that the last 10 days are all very important because ramadan sometimes start with difference a day between some countries so the night of power may be odd in a country and even in another country by that way and the night of power will not come according to every country for sure so i will start preparing for that night from the 19th of ramadan and allah knows better.wish every person to reach that day inshalla

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

Laylat Al-Qadr will happen the last ten nights of Ramadan the odd nights are more likely than the others and scholars believe the 27th is the most likely off the odd numbers. The based this off a hadith that mentioned the 27th. But this not is not definte but the said it is likely. Inshallah I will locate the hadith referencing their bases.
Salam Amirah80

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

Salam

Figuring it is the last odd nights in th last 10 days of Ramadan

HADITH NO. 4
'Aaisha (Radhi Allaho anha) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) said: "Seek "Laylatul Qadr" among the odd numbered nights of the last ten days of the month of Ramadhan."
COMMENTARY
According to the great majority of the religious scholars. the last ten nights commence on the 21st night; such is the case whether the month of Ramadhan consists of 29 days or 30. So one should seek "Laylatul Qadr" on the 21st, 23rd, 25th, 27th and 29th night.

Ibne Hazm has a different opinion, saying that the word 'Ashra' as used in the Hadith means ten. As such, the above calculations will only be correct in cases where the month of Ramadhan consists of thirty days. However, when there are only twenty-nine days in the month (as often happens), the last ten days will commence with the 19th day, and the night being the 20th night. According to this calculation, it would appear that the 'Unevenly numbered' nights will actually be the 20th, 22nd, 24th, 26th, 28th and the 30th nights.

But all authorities agree that when in search of 'Laylatul Qadr' Rasulullah (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) went into "Itikaaf", he commenced it on the 21st night of Ramadhan. In view of this, these authorities consider the odd nights to be the appropriate nights for 'Laylatul Qadr".

Once should however spend each and every night from the 20th onwards in 'Ibaadah', so that one may be sure of having acquired the blessings of Ramadhaan. Spending ten or eleven nights in devotion is definitely not so difficult, if one looks at the great reward that is granted.

This is what I located referenced the 27th. The source: Gulf Times

According to the most correct opinion, it is the 27th night of Ramadan. Most of the ahadith state this, such as the hadith of Zurr ibn Hubaysh, who said: “I heard Ubayy ibn Ka’b saying – and it was said to him that ‘Abd-Allah ibn Mas’ood said: ‘Whoever follows the Sunnah will ‘catch’ Laylat al-Qadr!’ – Ubayy (radiallaahu ‘anhu) said: ‘May Allah have mercy on him, he did not want people to take it for granted and only stay up to pray on one night. By the One besides Whom there is no other god, it is in Ramadan – he was swearing without a doubt – and by Allah, I do know which night it is. It is the night in which the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) commanded us to pray (qiyaam). It is the night the morning of which is the 27th, and the sign of it is that the sun rises on that morning white and without rays.’” In another report, this was attributed to the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam). (Reported by Muslim).

Salam Amirah80