Question

esterelle

I was reading one of the essays on the site about the place of women in Islamic society including prohibitations of marriage

My question is this If a non Islamic women ingages in sexual activity before marriage but then converts to Islam changing her beliefs/attitudes and habits is marriage on the grounds of her being unchaste still vaild? Or is the conversion forgivness for sins before conversion?

Please any infomation on this would interest me greatly

esterelle

Just a question

Salam,

I was reading an article on the site about womens rights in Islamic faith and prohibitations in marriage. This made me think. If a non Islamic woman has sexual relations then converts and changes her life to be closer to Allah Is her sin forgiven? Is it ok for a Muslim man to marry her or would it be forbidden on the grounds she is unchaste?

Thankyou in advance.

muslimah-2k8

:salam2:

Once a non-muslim reverts to Islam, all his/her previous sins are forgiven...
He/she is now like a newborn baby... this is the blessing of Islam...

And it is absolutely fine for a Muslim man to marry a Non-muslim lady who reverts to Islam, whatever be her past...

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Yeah..Esterelle..!! if u converted to islam....Allaah 'll forgive you for All Previous Sins

When someone converts to Islam, God forgives all of his previous sins and evil deeds. A man called Amr came to the Prophet Muhammad
salla.jpg
and said, “Give me your right hand so that I may give you my pledge of loyalty.” The Prophet stretched out his right hand. Amr withdrew his hand.

The Prophet
salla.jpg
said:
{What has happened to you, O Amr?} He replied, “I intend to lay down a condition.” The Prophet
salla.jpg
asked: {What condition do you intend to put forward?} Amr said, “That God forgive my sins.” The Prophet said: {Didn’t you know that converting to Islam erases all previous sins?}1

After converting to Islam, the person will be rewarded for his or her good and bad deeds according to the following saying of the Prophet Muhammad
salla.jpg
: {Your Lord, Who is blessed and exalted, is most merciful. If someone intends to do a good deed but does not do it, a good deed will be recorded for him.
And if he does do it, (a reward of) ten to seven hundred or many more times (the reward of the good deed), will be recorded for him. And if someone intends to do a bad deed but does not do it, a good deed will be recorded for him. And if he does do it, a bad deed will be recorded against him or God will wipe it out.}2

Footnotes:

(1) Narrated in Saheeh Muslim, #121, and Mosnad Ahmad, #17357.

(2) Narrated in Mosnad Ahmad, #2515, and Saheeh Muslim, #131.

shichemlydia

help

salam alikoum,
yes, if someone reverts to islam, then all his previous deeds go away and the good ones remain, and this is a mercy from allah swt, when someone comes to allah, he is like a new baby. 00000 sins.
but, if he lended money from the people, he still have to pay the money back to its owners.

for the second one, yes, if a woman commits that sin, and comes to islam, she can get married, the key here is, she must repent to allah and regret about what she did, and make sure that she is not going to do that again.
and this is still true for muslim women as well, i heard this from a friend of mine who is knowledgeable.
and allah knows the best.
wa salam alikoum

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:wasalam:
Alhamdulillah(All praises and thanks are for Allah) when someone embraces Islam,he/she has actually returned back to his/her state of purity in which they were born i.e. al -fitrah,hence its called reversion.So when someone embraces Islam or reverts to Islam then that person isas sinless and pure as a new born baby.So its okay for a Muslim man to marry a women who was previously a non Muslim but now has reverted to Islam and is a muslim.

holyland

Good accepted repentance ( not returning back to that sin until death ) leads to conversion of past sins into good deeds - not only forgiving .

please read carefully the following translation from chapter 25 ( AL - FURQAN )- QURAN - :

61 Blessed be He Who has placed in the heaven big stars, and has placed therein a great lamp (sun), and a moon giving light.
62 And He it is Who has put the night and the day in succession, for such who desires to remember or desires to show his gratitude.
63 And the slaves of the Most Beneficent (Allah) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness.
64 And those who spend the night before their Lord, prostrate and standing.
65 And those who say: "Our Lord! Avert from us the torment of Hell. Verily! Its torment is ever an inseparable, permanent punishment."
66 Evil indeed it (Hell) is as an abode and as a place to dwell.
67 And those, who, when they spend, are neither extravagant nor niggardly, but hold a medium (way) between those (extremes).
68 And those who invoke not any other ilah (god) along with Allah, nor kill such life as Allah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse and whoever does this shall receive the punishment.
69 The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace;
70 Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds, for those, Allah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
71 And whosoever repents and does righteous good deeds, then verily, he repents towards Allah with true repentance.
72 And those who do not witness falsehood, and if they pass by some evil play or evil talk, they pass by it with dignity.
73 And those who, when they are reminded of the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of their Lord, fall not deaf and blind thereat.
74 And those who say: "Our Lord! Bestow on us from our wives and our offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders for the Muttaqoon" (pious - see V.2:2 and the footnote of V.3:164)."
75 Those will be rewarded with the highest place (in Paradise) because of their patience. Therein they shall be met with greetings and the word of peace and respect.
76 Abiding therein; excellent it is as an abode, and as a place to dwell.
77 Say (O Muhammad SAW to the disbelievers): "My Lord pays attention to you only because of your invocation to Him. But now you have indeed denied (Him). So the torment will be yours for ever (inseparable permanent punishment)."

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
I was reading one of the essays on the site about the place of women in Islamic society including prohibitations of marriage

My question is this If a non Islamic women ingages in sexual activity before marriage but then converts to Islam changing her beliefs/attitudes and habits is marriage on the grounds of her being unchaste still vaild? Or is the conversion forgivness for sins before conversion?

Please any infomation on this would interest me greatly

i'm going to paraphrase the hadith, due to the fact that i am horrible in remembering the chain of narration, because i have such a hard time memorizing people with names such as jamal ibn ahmed abu rahim names like that.

there was a man that approached the Prophet :saw: and said that he would convert to islam on one condition. that condition was that all of his past sins be forgiven. and in response " oh ( name missing ) didn't you know that when you embrace islam, all of your previous sins are forgiven? "

so one shouldn't worry about their past sins hampering their reversion to islam. you are given a clean slate. a chance to start your life over.
:wasalam: