Question

Child of GOD

Is it true that Mohammed came along in 570 A.D.? Also, is it true that he reached out to muslims who were being persecuted? Therefore muslims seen him as their leader, and finally , Mohammed at some point and time received instruction or authority from God to write the koran?

shadykan

Salam

Please anybody correct me if I'm wrong.

Technically it's not true to say that Muhammed (Peace be upon him) "received instructions from God to write the Qu'ran", to be exact, he received to WHOLE QU'RAN from God. Every word, every letter in the Holy Scriptures, are from ALLAH.

And yes, Muhammed (SAW), is a role model for muslims, who must try as hard as possible, to follow his example .

I hope i answered some of your questions.

May Allah guide us all !!!

Naasih

He reached out to makind to bring them out of the darkness into the light by Allaah's leave as mankind were idol worshippers so he was sent with the same message as all the other prophets were sent with 'Worship God alone, you have no other God besides Him'. He was a prophet so the people followed him as he guided them closer to God and taught them what God Loves and what He dislikes from His servants.

He never wrote the Qur'aan because he could not read or write. The Qur'aan was revealed to him from the angel Jibreel (Gabreal) which he memeorised and he taught it to his companions who also memorised it. After a time they started to write it down and it was only compiled into book form after his death.

I think you should purchase a book on his life from a good Islamic bookshop. The sealed nectar is a good book to begin with so please check it out.

May Allaah guide us all to the correct path!

slave.of.AllahSW

you asked..."Mohammed at some point and time received instruction or authority from God to write the koran?"

Qur'an was not written by Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him. It was revealed to him in 23 years period through Angel Jibreel AS which he memeorised and he taught it to his companions who also memorised it.

May Allah swt guide us all with his blessings!

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hello,

the Quran was the miracle that Allah gave to the Prophet Muhammad :saw:

Firstly, the Prophet was the "unlettered one", he could not read or write. Allah revealed to him the Quran via the Angel Gabriel, in the most perfect prose that stunned all those who heard it. The Prophet memorised each verse. He then taught the Quran to his companions.

The Prophet :saw: was from one of the most noble and notable families in Arabia. He was the Grandson and nephew of the most prominent leaders of the Quraish tribe. The Quraish were very wealthy and powerful people.

The Prophet Muhammad :saw: was known as al-Amin, the Trustworthy on count of his honesty. He was always referred to whenever there were disputes, whenever people needed a decision or peace to be made, they would call Muhammad :saw: to intervene.

After the Muhammad :saw: recieved Prophethood, many of the people who before praised him, were against him. They did not like the idea of worshipping one God, they were opposed to the destruction of their deities and changing of their ways. Before Islam, the Arabs were tribalistic, arrogant and did many wrong things such as treating women bad and so forth. They would bury their infant girls.

The Prophet :saw: at first attracted the poor and the weak. There are many beautiful stories of how the Prophet :saw: cared for these people and how he helped them.

One such person was Bilal al habishi, he was a black Ethiopian slave. Yet, he is known as one of the greatest companions and people who ever walked on this earth. Every Muslim reads about his life and his struggles and has great respect and love for him.

First of all, you must think about the time and place. Arabs were extremely proud of their lineage, heritage, tribe, race etc. They looked down on anyone who was deemed inferior and would have nothing to do with them. Yet, the Prophet :saw: in his kindness and compassion accepted all people of all colours to be one, as Muslims we are all brothers and sisters.

The Prophet gave Bilal the great duty of calling people to the prayer. He was the first Muezzin.

This unity is one reason that many African Americans and people from the Black and white communities become Muslim. For example, the American Malcolm X.

Justice and Fairness is important in Islam.

Allah says in the Quran:

O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allâh, even though it be against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, be he rich or poor, Allâh is a Better Protector to both (than you). So follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you may avoid justice, and if you distort your witness or refuse to give it, verily, Allâh is Ever Well Acquainted with what you do [4:135]

So, Muslims are those who strive to attain justice, between themselves and with other people.

Allah, most high, also says:

(They like to) listen to falsehood, to devour anything forbidden. So if they come to you (O Muhammad SAW), either judge between them, or turn away from them. If you turn away from them, they cannot hurt you in the least. And if you judge, judge with justice between them. Verily, Allâh loves those who act justly. [5:42]
  • Prophet was a Mercy for Mankind
And We have sent you (O Muhammad SAW) not but as a mercy for the 'Alamîn (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [21:107]
  • Patience and Forgiveness
"Show forgiveness, enjoin what is good, and turn away from the foolish (i.e., don't punish them).'' (7:199)

"...who repress anger, and who pardon men; verily, Allah loves Al-Muhsinun (the good-doers).'' (3:134)

"The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e., Allah orders the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly) then verily he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend. But none is granted it (the above quality) except those who are patient - and none is granted it except the owner of the great portion (of happiness in the Hereafter, i.e., Jannah and of a high moral character) in this world.'' (41:34,35)

The way (of blame) is only against those who oppress men and wrongly rebel in the earth, for such there will be a painful torment. (42:42)

"And verily, whosoever shows patience and forgives that would truly be from the things recommended by Allah.'' (42:43)
  • Islam Encourages Kindness and Humility:
In the Noble Quran, Allah, the most gracious most high says:

And by the Mercy of Allah, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from about you; so pass over (their faults), and ask (Allah's) Forgiveness for them; and consult them in the affair. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him). [3:159]

The Prophet Muhammad :saw: said:
"Allah is not kind to him who is not kind to people." [Muslim & Bukhari]

Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Allah is Forbearer and loves forbearance in all matters.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Mildness also brings human beings closer to one another, and on this count, Allah likes it very much.

`Aishah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Allah is Forbearer and He loves forbearance, and rewards for forbearance while He does not reward severity, and does not give for any thing besides it (forbearance).''
[Muslim]

Mildness is the opposite of harshness. Allah enjoins softness and dislikes stiffness in human relations. Allah assures of reward for gentle behaviour in society, not for unkindness or anything like that. However, inflexibility is preferred to flexibility when there arises a question of religious matters and the limits set by Allah.

Ibn Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said,"Shall I not tell you whom the (Hell) Fire is forbidden to touch? It is forbidden to touch a man who is always accessible, having polite and tender nature.''
[At-Tirmidhii].

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A man asked the Prophet (PBUH) to give him advice, and he (PBUH) said, "Do not get angry.'' The man repeated that several times and he (PBUH) replied (every time), "Do not get angry.''
[Al-Bukhari].

Jarir bin `Abdullah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "He who is deprived of forbearance and gentleness is, in fact, deprived of all good.''
[Muslim].

Abdullah ibn Abbas, the Prophet’s cousin, stated that he heard the Prophet saying: “A believer is not the one who eats his fill when his neighbour is hungry.” [Related by Al-Bukhari in Al-Adab Al-Mufrad, Al-Hakim and Al-Baihaqi].
  • Gentleness and Forgiveness are the Keys to paradise and an attribute of a True Muslim
{And march forth in the way (which leads to) forgiveness from your Lord, and for Paradise as wide as are the heavens and the earth, prepared for Al-Muttaqûn (the pious).

Those who spend [in Allâh's Cause - deeds of charity, alms, etc.] in prosperity and in adversity, who repress anger, and who pardon men; verily, Allâh loves Al-Muhsinûn(the good­doers).} [3: 133-134]

So, the Muttaqun and Muhsinun, i.e. the Muslims are those who share these amazing qualities. It is something each and every Muslim must attain.

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I never felt any piece of velvet or silk softer than the palm of the Messenger of Allah (PBUH), nor did I smell any fragrance more pleasant than the smell of Messenger of Allah (PBUH). I served him for ten years, and he never said `Uff' (an expression of disgust) to me. He never said `why did you do that?' for something I had done, nor did he ever say `why did you not do such and such' for something I had not done.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The dearest and nearest among you to me on the Day of Resurrection will be one who is the best of you in manners; and the most abhorrent among you to me and the farthest of you from me will be the pompous, the garrulous, and Al-Mutafaihiqun.'' The Companions asked him: "O Messenger of Allah! We know about the pompous and the garrulous, but we do not know who Al-Mutafaihiqun are.'' He replied: "The arrogant people.''
[At-Tirmidhi].

This gentleness, kindness, patience must be shown to all people. This includes non-Muslims. For Islam teaches Muslims, not only to tolerate non-Muslims but to show kindness to everyone we are at peace with. To deal with other people in a just, fair and mild manner is something that is encouraged. The Prophet Muhammad :saw: and his companions were leading example in this. -

Infact, kindness is not simply limited to people,

The Prophet:saw: also said:
"Those who are kind and considerate to Allah's creatures, Allah bestows His kindness and affection on them. Show kindness to the creatures on the earth so that Allah may be kind to you." [Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi]

Islam emphasises justice, equality between race, gender and rich and poor.

mahdi

salaamu alaykum. a would like to tell you suumary of prophet muhamed s.a.w. he was born in 570AD his father died when he was in the womb of his mother and his mother died when he was about 2 years old he was raised by his grand father. when he grew up he he used work for a women named khadija. the people used tp call him al amin (the thruthful). the people of the arab deserts used to worship idols. but prophet muhamed never worshiped them. the arab deserts used to kill their children if it is a girl. but all of these things would change . whaen he was 40 yr. one day an angel came to him an yold him read in the name of your lord. but muhamed said i can read i don't know how to read. and he came back another day and he was told something else. like talk to the people and tell them the truth. but everytime he rries to talk to them , they used to lough at him and sometimes chase him away. so i was just giving you a summary of prophet muhamed s.a.w he didn't know how to write how to read but he infented this holy book. but how can a man who can't read bring this book. weel here is the answer this is the word of god .god would send him an angel and muhamed s. a.w will memorize the whole thing and he will tell to his folowers and they used to write every thing . and u said he came to muslims who were persucuted. that is not true there was no muslim before him . he came to people who were worshiping idols . and he made them tpo worship god.(allah) . that is the live of prophet muhamed s.a.w .

Child of GOD

Also, is it not true that muslims believe in the old testament which says God of Abraham , Jacob etc.? And is it true you also believe in the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke , and John?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Also, is it not true that muslims believe in the old testament which says God of Abraham , Jacob etc.? And is it true you also believe in the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke , and John?

hi, we believe in Abraham and all the Prophets.

As to the bible, we accept that is revelation from God. However, we do not read the Bible.

It has been superceded by the Perfect Quran. The Quran has never had even a single letter changed since the day it was revealed from almighty Allah. Infact, it will never ever be changed as it is protected by God.

The Bible has been changed, edited and parts take out or replaced many times. We do not know which part are correct and which are not. Therefore we do not use it. Even Christian Biblical historians will talk and write about how the Bible was put together and how even nobody is sure actually who wrote the gospels. They are merely attributed to Jesus's disciples. And historians often find that parts of the gospels seem to be written by different people at different times.

I saw an interesting documentary about how the Bible, New Testament is infact only part of what it might have been. This is because the Roman church held power over the Christian world and the Pope ordered other Gospels to be burnt. For example, there used to be the Gospel of Mary and Gospel of Thomas as well as many others.

We believe in the Prophet Jesus and all the other Prophets that God sent to mankind. We believe in their message, which was to worship Allah alone without associating any partners to him. This is what Jesus taught his followers, what Abraham taught, what all the Prophets taught. The Message of Tawheed. That there is no God worthy of Worship except Allah.

I ask that you watch the following, it covers quite a lot including about the Prophet Abraham:

Learn About Islam Full Video Covering Many Topics

haris

Patience
Salam!

We do believe in God of abraham, jacob etc. Because it is essential for a muslim to believe in all the prophets that have passed before Mohammad(SAW). All the prophets were sent by God and he is the same God the only God.

As far as the old and the new testament are concerned. We believe that they were the holy books revealed by the God to respective prophets i.e. Moses and Jesus. But as the Quran tells us that these books have been changed by humans. So they are not the original books that were revealed.
if u study these testaments deeply you will find the proof of the human intervention with these books.

As far as Jesus is concerned we believe he was one of the mightiest messangers of God. But not the son of God as many cristians believe.

ALLAH says in Quran
"SAY: He is the One God. God the Eternal, the Uncaused Cause of All Being.
He begets not, and neither is He begotten and there is nothing that could be compared with Him" (112: 1-4)

Note: My brothers in Islam if u find any thing wrong in this reply correct me.