Question

mehdi73

Bismi llahi rahmani rahim
Asalamo alikom
We always using the sentence after the name of our prophet Muhammed
sallalahu alayhi wa sallam.
who can explain me this sentence ( sallalahu alayhi wa sallam)?
jazakom llah alfa khair

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam means;

May Allah send peace and blessings upon him

rope7

THe answer to ur question inshallah

Salamu Alaykum WaRahmatullah

It is prescribed for the Muslim to pray for peace for the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and to send salaams upon him, just as it is prescribed to pray for blessings for him. The evidence is in the ayah,

" “Allaah sends His Salaah (Graces, Honours, Blessings, Mercy) on the Prophet (Muhammad), and also His angels (ask Allaah to bless and forgive him). O you who believe! Send your Salaah on (ask Allaah to bless) him (Muhammad), and (you should) greet (salute) him with the Islamic way of greeting (salutation, i.e. As‑Salaamu ‘Alaykum)”

[al-Ahzaab 33:56]

THERE ARE MANY VIRTUES FOR THIS ACTION

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no one who sends salaams upon me, but Allaah will restore to me my soul so that I may return his salaams.”

It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Abi Talhah from his father that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came one day with evident signs of happiness on his face, and he said: “Jibreel (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to me and said, ‘Would it not please you, O Muhammad, to know that no one among your ummah will send blessings upon you but I will send ten blessings upon him, and no one among your ummah will send salaams upon you but I will send ten salaams upon him.”

(Saheeh Sunan al-Nasaa’i, 1228)

Wasaalamu Alaykum