question

:salam2:
I need advice. I am a revert to islam for several years now. Before I reverted, I was having friends of the opposite gender. good true friends,. But, being a female, and having male friends now is knocking on my conscience. I do not want to hurt feelings, but I think I can't keep being friends. How can I approach this matter tactfully? is there any such way??

a_stranger

Assalmu alaikim dear sister i think you should make things clear to them that within your religion relations between males and females is restricted to certain area you can still have good will for them , pray for them .....but no more parties, or westren style friendship ......your faith changed your life and conduct ......be honest and friendly .

jazak Allah khair

Assalmu alaikim dear sister i think you should make things clear to them that within your religion relations between males and females is restricted to certain area you can still have good will for them , pray for them .....but no more parties, or westren style friendship ......your faith changed your life and conduct ......be honest and friendly .

Jazak Allah khair for your reply. Actually I never did the western party thing, I was never a partier, but I think that is the best advice, thanks. Jazak Allah khair.

Abu-Talha

Brother in Deen
:salam2:
I need advice. I am a revert to islam for several years now. Before I reverted, I was having friends of the opposite gender. good true friends,. But, being a female, and having male friends now is knocking on my conscience. I do not want to hurt feelings, but I think I can't keep being friends. How can I approach this matter tactfully? is there any such way??

its beter to say the truth always, becasue contact betwen genders is serios issue, so no need to worry about what other will say, you just leave contact's as friend with man gender, actualy there is no need to explain to the man, you can inform female wich you contact about this issue and then other will be informed throught thos female nonmuslims, you can tell to all directly that there is no such thing as man friend, even contact for islamic issue is sometimes problem with other gender, as for having man friend its serios problem

may Allah give you strenght and knowledge to be always firm in Islam, alhamdulilah that you are amongs believers

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
How can I approach this matter tactfully? is there any such way??

Asalaam aleykum;

"changes brings happiness"
so do change tactically,(read Kuran Kareem)not much just to the extend that you felt its teachings/meanings.
especially early morning hours, for sure one day(Inshaa Allah) you will realize how to solve the past problems and to the ON ROAD ones.