Questions about Islam

college_student

Thank you for all the great information!

I'm really excited to put all of this into my paper.

I guess my next set of questions would be about the process of reversion; is there one? I know in Christian religions there is usually a baptismal process that one must go through. Are there prayers or rituals that one must go through once they decide to revert?

Thanks everyone!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

WOW!!! Have you come to the right place.

Like everything in Islam it is simple. The most powerful words are: There is no compulsion in faith. The individual makes that choice. But, and this is the hard truth..once you make that choice you must abide by it. You assume the responsibility of upholding the faith. You make the choice to follow the purpose of your creation. To worship the One and Only God, Allah subhana wa taala.

Ayanle

I guess my next set of questions would be about the process of reversion; is there one? I know in Christian religions there is usually a baptismal process that one must go through. Are there prayers or rituals that one must go through once they decide to revert?

Thanks everyone!

no special rituals, baptising or anything when you revert all that is asked is to recite the shahada in public where you state
"i bear witness that there is no god worthy of worship but Allah, and Muhammad is the slave and messenger of Allah."

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
no special rituals, baptising or anything when you revert all that is asked is to recite the shahada in public where you state
"i bear witness that there is no god worthy of worship but Allah, and Muhammad is the slave and messenger of Allah."

^Doesn't have to be in public.... The important thing is to recite these words with conviction within one's heart...

If someone want to become a muslim, as brother Ayanle said, its nothing complicated, no intermediary is required, one just needs to say the words, "I bear witness there is none worthy of worship except God (Arabic. Allaah), and that Muhammad is the slave and messenger of God."

Once a person says these words he/she is a Muslim, and has over 2 billion new brothers and sisters around the world! lol...

There r no real rituals one must go through when one decides to revert, but once a person is a Muslim, one has to commit to the rituals of Islaam, like praying five times a day, fasting the month of Ramadhan etc...

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!

Thanks everyone!

Oooh also, is it possible if you could post on your assignment/project here once its completed plz?

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!

Thanks everyone!

bY tHe WaY yOu NeEd To DeLeTe SoMe Of Ur MeSsAgEs In YoUr InBoX!

college_student

Hello again everyone,

I've been going through this site and others gathering information about reversions and the practices of Islam and slowly organizing it into a paper. I'd be more than happy to post my final paper here when I'm done with it.

In class we study many religions and we have looked at different ways that religions put the word out about their respective religions; videos, articles, etc. I was wondering if there are ways that the Islamic word is spread to others or if the brothers and sisters of Islam simply stay open to questions from anyone who is thinking of reverting?

I'm really learning a lot, thanks to all of you!

Loran

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Hello again everyone,

I've been going through this site and others gathering information about reversions and the practices of Islam and slowly organizing it into a paper. I'd be more than happy to post my final paper here when I'm done with it.

In class we study many religions and we have looked at different ways that religions put the word out about their respective religions; videos, articles, etc. I was wondering if there are ways that the Islamic word is spread to others or if the brothers and sisters of Islam simply stay open to questions from anyone who is thinking of reverting?

Loran

Hello, I'll say both of them, we invite people to Islam (we call it Dawah) and stay open to question and answers also, so its more like a person may invite people to islam by whatever he deems the best, it may be websites, articles, vids, true stories, pamphelets, or just inviting for a coffee or dinner.
However a caller's call must be based upon knowledge and he cannot use false means to call people to Islam, these are the guidelines.

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
Hello again everyone,

Loran

asalaam aleykum

we all know that Government is People by and for the People.

had there been as such govt which insists on Islamic laws and ways of living-
-i see this will be the best Way
ever
for spreading by Deeds;
comparing nowadays empty words.
(Wa Llah aliymuun bidhaat Kuluub)