Questions??????

Asalam alikum respected Elders, Brothers & Sitiers.

I have 3 questions:

1. What makes a Mosque a Mosque? What does it need to be a class as a Mosque?

2. Why are the colours of the cloth over Al-Kaba black with yellow writtening?

3. I had a dream where Al-kaba had a silver cloth over it & I felt that i was there & crying while praying. Is this good or bad?

May Allah reward all of us with Paradise inshallah.

Aslam Alikum

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

I have 3 questions:

1. What makes a Mosque a Mosque? What does it need to be a class as a Mosque?

2. Why are the colours of the cloth over Al-Kaba black with yellow writtening?

3. I had a dream where Al-kaba had a silver cloth over it & I felt that i was there & crying while praying. Is this good or bad?

Aslam Alikum

:salam2:

actually brother, almost any place can be a mosque as long as the place is clean and is free from idols. ALLAH SWT ( subhana wa ta'ala ) has made the entire earth for us as a place of prostration. in the technical term a mosque is the place where muslims perform congregational prayer. unlike most religions, mosques are generally open everyday; so even if it isn't friday/jummah a congregational prayer is being held there.

the cover on top of the kaaba that you were referring to, is called the KISWA. the writing on the kiswa are verses from the quran that have been hand embroidered in gold. it weighs over a ton and costs over 10 million USD to make.

about your dream and the color of the kiswa being silver. i really don't know what to say about that. i have dreams about being at the kaaba very often. sometimes it's a little different, but i'm always crying with joy to see it and to be part of the hajj.

:wasalam:

archie

with regards to this kind of dream, every muslims like to see AL KABAH in his\her dream. this is a good dream.

q8penpals

:salam2:

the cover on top of the kaaba that you were referring to, is called the KISWA. the writing on the kiswa are verses from the quran that have been hand embroidered in gold. it weighs over a ton and costs over 10 million USD to make.

Assalam aliekum

I find it very interesting that with the poverty in the world, 10 million dollars can be spent yearly on embroidering gold into the covering of the ka'ba. Is there anything in the Qu'ran or hadith that say it NEEDS to be covered (and/or have Qu'ran verses on it), and if so, is there anything that says it should be adorned with gold like that? To me, personally, it seems quite a waste of money.

Lana