Quran

Assalamu alikum brothers and sisters. i have posted this post in learn Arabic already but i thought maybe more of you would see it here i am haveing great difficulty learning the Arabic language my wish is to also read Quran in the language it was meant to be read in and not translation but i was told recently not to expect to be able to ever read quran unless i studdied at a quranic school in somewhere like Saudi for 5 or 6 yrs this has really disheartened me as this is not possible for me i am English with an Arab husband but still getting nowhere fast im interested to learn if any English reverts/converts have managed to learn Quran and or Arabic language?:tti_sister:

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

Sister, THIS SITE has helped me enormously. It has PDF books, Power Point Presentation, and Videos which teach you the Quran in Arabic. Each video begins with a HADITH, than covers vocablulary and grammar in an easy to understand and advance learning method, and than take a Surah. The courses can be downloaded to your computer or read and watched right from the site. You will need a video player, a powerpoint viewer, and a PDF reader. None of the information is copy righted and the produces encourage dissemination of the course material. Here is a sample of one of the courses. I personally like the basic or short course on Al Quran:

[yt]RngM02PvbKg&feature=related[/yt]

This is the course that I USE THE MOST after Fajr.

arzafar

reciting, memorizing and listening the quran has a great reward too. so you should first learn to recite the quran and memorize some portion. meanwhile you can get the meaning from translation and commentary. There are many threads on the forums where you can learn to recite quran correctly.

so let's start with the arabic alphabets
http://learnarabicalphabet.com/

You can find many other resources on these forums to learn Arabic

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

Here is a course that starts as basic as is possible and progresses to an advance level. I am using both course.

[yt]b75Oy369Yxc[/yt]

[yt]lFSY0OGekvI[/yt] if you are able join the FIKS

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

I found it is also helpful to have a Translation of Al Quran with Transliteration:

Surat al-Fatiha-1

Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem

Alhamdulillahi Rabbil 'aalamen;

Maaliki Yawmid-Deen.

Iyyaaka na 'budu was Iyyaaka nasta'een.

Ihdinass-Siraatal-Mustaqeem.

Siraatal-lazeena an'amta 'alayhim ghrayril-maghdoobi 'alayhim wa lad-daaalleen.

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds;

Most Gracious, Most Merciful;

Master of the Day of Judgment.

You do we worship, and your aid do we seek.

Show us the straight way.

The way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace,those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who do not go astray.

The Basic Course at Understand Qur'aan will take you in quantum leaps to understand both Al Qur'aan and Hadith. The multi-media use of video, PDF, and Power Point Presentation but the use of the most advanced learning technique will have you entering the exciting world of Al Quran in Arabic in no time. You might also want to invest in Yusuf Estes Course Arabic in English.