R the US army undisiplined?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dianek

NO...it is not the standard......and look at the Serbian government during the Bosnia war in the 90's, they raped any and all women and used knives to cut out their reproductive areas to prevent reproduction of the race. And that was the majority of their army as I remember. There are bad apples everywhere. He is not representative of the whole. Many soldiers are good men who believe in their country and want to preserve and protect for their families and future generations. That does not mean they like what our government makes them do.....like invading Iraq to find that it was a lie. There are many good and caring people in the US Armed Services....I don't support my government's policies, but i will always support the good women and men who serve the country. Think of the millions of people in the service......there aren't that many reports of this kind of behavior and if they are they are held accountable under the law. Also bare in mind that man who goes into service is not the man that will come out of service. War changes people...they have to live with what they were forced to do overseas and it haunts them. My father is a Vietnam Vet and to this day he will not talk about it......I know only that he had to kill or be killed and that is tough place to be.

NO...it is not the standard......and look at the Serbian government during the Bosnia war in the 90's, they raped any and all women and used knives to cut out their reproductive areas to prevent reproduction of the race. And that was the majority of their army as I remember. There are bad apples everywhere. He is not representative of the whole. Many soldiers are good men who believe in their country and want to preserve and protect for their families and future generations. That does not mean they like what our government makes them do.....like invading Iraq to find that it was a lie. There are many good and caring people in the US Armed Services....I don't support my government's policies, but i will always support the good women and men who serve the country. Think of the millions of people in the service......there aren't that many reports of this kind of behavior and if they are they are held accountable under the law. Also bare in mind that man who goes into service is not the man that will come out of service. War changes people...they have to live with what they were forced to do overseas and it haunts them. My father is a Vietnam Vet and to this day he will not talk about it......I know only that he had to kill or be killed and that is tough place to be.

lol comparing the so called land of the free and the most civilised country that speaks bout human rights towards women n children but amazingly having the worst statistics in rape n abuse n ETC.actually invading Iraq was a lie but people in the usa dont care bout Iraq anymore they jz want their soldiers out of there ....its not cause they care bout iraqi people but they care bout there own soldiers so thats why they want there soldiers out of there....shameful n selfish.....well actually there r alot of reports but they never get reported cause there own supervisor is doing the same thing ...infact i watched a report on aljazeera saying upto 40% of the women in the us army r raped by their comrades n supervisors.....war changes people??....it sure does...thats why people strap bombs to their bodies n go to blow th us army away to the infinite skies............:hearts::hearts:......

p.s it wasnt meant to b a debate jz thinking how can this go on in the most civilised army in the world:lol:

ja_tu_miluju

lol comparing the so called land of the free and the most civilised country that speaks bout human rights towards women n children but amazingly having the worst statistics in rape n abuse n ETC.actually invading Iraq was a lie but people in the usa dont care bout Iraq anymore they jz want their soldiers out of there ....its not cause they care bout iraqi people but they care bout there own soldiers so thats why they want there soldiers out of there....shameful n selfish.....well actually there r alot of reports but they never get reported cause there own supervisor is doing the same thing ...infact i watched a report on aljazeera saying upto 40% of the women in the us army r raped by their comrades n supervisors.....war changes people??....it sure does...thats why people strap bombs to their bodies n go to blow th us army away to the infinite skies............:hearts::hearts:......

p.s it wasnt meant to b a debate jz thinking how can this go on in the most civilised army in the world:lol:

Some of us care about Iraq, and always have :)

dianek

Many, many people care about the civilians in Iraq. And you quote Aljezeera site stories....well, I would think they are as biased in the opposite direction as the American media. So, look in the middle for truth. I dated 3 very upstanding guys in the military in High School. I never knew 3 people with such good hearts and pure intentions as they had. (do not turn this into a you should not be dating in high school point fingers session PLEASE! I was not muslim!)

Maybe it is so easy for you to quote percentage of rapes etc in the US because the stats are there for a reason....the crimes were reported....maybe in other countries and certainly in other countries......they aren't reported and the women feel shameful rather than like a victim with rights. Funny as high as you quoted the stats, i should know someone who has been raped....and i can't think of ONE!

dianek

In addition, ofcourse are stats are going to be higher because our country is HUGE compared to most other countries......our country is the size of some continents! Which equals many more people......so look at thing proportionately. Thanks!

ShyHijabi

Salaam Brother Podolski,

I am reading a lot of generalization about the US and the men and women who serve in the military. My father was in the US Navy for 15 years (before his death) and was an air traffic controller. He was a good man and would never have committed some of these acts. But there are evil men everywhere and the US miitary is no excpetion. The US military is very disciplined but right now they are serving a very corrupt president. War also brings out the absolute lowest, most animalistic nature in some people, no matter what country or cause they represent.

I do not agree with the war in Iraq and care very deeply about what is happening to our Ummah over there. Everyday there is a protest here in the States against the war, the presure on congress and the president is increasing daily for our withdrawal from what we perceive as a war of aggression. Please do not paint all Americans with the same brush.

I don't know where al-Jazeer got it's stats but it is very rare for sexual assault to occur between military personel. Not because of comradereship but rather the military law is very harsh on the perpetrator. I have only seen a handful of cases tried and the offender would serve an extremely long term in a military prison. Military tribunal is no joke.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

Shahzad

sister dianek. do u want to say that any other country has same numer of crimes than usa?
or i think most of all of soldier in us army are like that i.e. good persons?. NO is the answer

Since they dont want to die, (having no religion and death means END of every thing), they have to throw away their frustration. The do it strange ways.

I dated 3 very upstanding guys in the military in High School

By looking at just 3 ppl, u have guessed that all will be like those? honest and humble?

Do u know wats goin on iraq and afghanistan? UR media never shows u the reality. Daily, and avg. of 10 us soldiers are being killedin afgh. and iraq. They show that only 708 soldiers died in an year.. wat a joke!!

The do air strikes on hospitals and on marriage ceremonies and after that they say" oh ! that was a mistake".

VERY HUMANE ! isnt it? at least by us perspective ( as at least they have said sorry )

Well, aljazeera shows the truth , which u take as "biased news".

well actually there r alot of reports but they never get reported cause there own supervisor is doing the same thing

Very right German footballer (a.k.a podolski) :)

Many, many people care about the civilians in Iraq. And you quote Aljezeera site stories....well, I would think they are as biased in the opposite direction as the American media. So, look in the middle for truth. I dated 3 very upstanding guys in the military in High School. I never knew 3 people with such good hearts and pure intentions as they had. (do not turn this into a you should not be dating in high school point fingers session PLEASE! I was not muslim!)

Maybe it is so easy for you to quote percentage of rapes etc in the US because the stats are there for a reason....the crimes were reported....maybe in other countries and certainly in other countries......they aren't reported and the women feel shameful rather than like a victim with rights. Funny as high as you quoted the stats, i should know someone who has been raped....and i can't think of ONE!

aljazeera is quite a famous news channel...infact they proved that over 40% of women were raped in the military ....they even documented 2 women who said they were raped but when they told their supervisors they were turned down...they even said while training they were told that being harassed or spanked by another serviceman would b very common n should not b taken seriously....it isny that FUNNY cause if u only know 3 men from the military n they were guys which would rape rather than get raped then how would u know any1 that has been raped in the us military....infact they rape 14 yr olds...how shameful.....in the abu ghuraib prison scandal only a handful of soldiers were sentenced, out of the dozens u could c in the pics they had taken while committing the abuse, after like 2 years of trials(what a joke) n no1 received the death sentence...jz shows the barbaricness of the US military..oops shouldnt say much against the us military who knows they come to my house at nite n take me into account of SUSPECTED terrorism charges...U WISH :lol::lol::lol::lol:

dianek

Why are you all so argumentative? I am not saying bad ones aren't there...I am just saying don't blame them all and certainly don't blame the person for what the government says they HAVE to do.

And don't act as though you know what the soldier's faith is....how can you know? Have you spoken with them? Do you know them personally? There are many muslims in our US military.

I am not saying that based on my 3 acquaintenances are all good but show that they are not ALL bad.

Some went to the military because they just want to go to college and if you join the military, and live, they pay for college. Many aren't college material and need careers they can count on and so they enlist.

And YES I think Aljazeera is as biased in its own way as the US media is.

I WISH YOU ALL WOULD STOP BLAMING THE POPULATION of America for the decisions that the government makes!!!!!! Those soldiers have no choice...if they defy orders they will be charged by the military for Treason and imprisoned.

In addition, don't sit back and act like your own backyard isn't littered with atrocities! I may know nothing about other countries or places outside of the few places I have been.....but I know this.......I am GLAD I live in the USA. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else (well, okay, would love the Bahamas! Port Lucaya here I come!!!!) I come and go as I please with no fears! I am not concerned that I will be raped moving about the city. I am not afraid of any crime happening to me. I am more likely to have a major car accident than be a victim of a crime. The percentages that were quoted earlier are based on billions of people in a HUGE country. So the rate is in proportion to a large society.

It seems to me there are alot of angry people on here who frankly are Anti-American......Sounds just like Americans grouping all Arabs or Muslims in a group don't you think? STOP GENERALIZING!

Shahzad

And don't act as though you know what the soldier's faith is....how can you know? Have you spoken with them? Do you know them personally? There are many muslims in our US military.

No need to speak wid such persons. Their actions show who they are.

I WISH YOU ALL WOULD STOP BLAMING THE POPULATION of America
Who blamed all americans? we were talking abt army men.

Relax sister and think before u write.

ok i didnt want this to turn into an argument....so lets jz end this...thank u...if u reply to this u r a rotten egg...wassalam

user expired!

asalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

ok sister Diane k, i get your point!

but..

do they have to obey he commands of the US army? the naswer is No! These people or army recruits are criminals for going into an illegal war willingly or unwillingly,They went!

can i be forced to kill someone? no!

Even the British army cant stand the American Troops, my uncle is in the Police force and he was telling me how some of the UK troops just hate the American troops and say they are just so unfit to be in battle and lack dicipline. respect, culture and even basic common sense. theyre jst so Trigger happy!

ps im not saying the british army is perfect but one thing is that they lack some sort of dicipline compared to the US army!

ShyHijabi

Sigh sometimes I forget how young some of the members of this board are. I had a feeling this was going to degenerate into childish bickering. The bottom line is, no one is fit to judge a person's belief or heart unless it is Allah swt that is the judge.

You cannot state a news station proved that 40% of service women have been sexually assualted unless you've interviewed all women in the service. And I doubt al-Jazeer has the infrastructure to perform such a monumental task. Only 2 women were interviewed and that does not make 40%.

There are Muslim military personel in the US military. There are Christians, Jews, and other people of religious background. War brings out the worst in people...even in your country. When we stand before Allah swt we will not be asked what country we come from, we will be asked to answer for our own individual sins.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

dianek

Hmm....I guess you know so much more about the American (service and otherwise) than Americans do huh?

I would love to have an experiment....bring all our troops home, shut down borders not allowing foreign nationals in, cutting off all aid (financial, food, etc.) to the rest of the world, keep the US' nose clean of affairs with other countries and see how long it would take the rest of the world to see just what the US was doing that helped so many. But either way, then you would all be mad that the US has shunned you all.......But hey, if we took care of ourselves and minded our own business, isn't that what you all want!

dianek

asalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

ok sister Diane k, i get your point!

but..

do they have to obey he commands of the US army? the naswer is No! These people or army recruits are criminals for going into an illegal war willingly or unwillingly,They went!

can i be forced to kill someone? no!

Even the British army cant stand the American Troops, my uncle is in the Police force and he was telling me how some of the UK troops just hate the American troops and say they are just so unfit to be in battle and lack dicipline. respect, culture and even basic common sense. theyre jst so Trigger happy!

ps im not saying the british army is perfect but one thing is that they lack some sort of dicipline compared to the US army![/QUOTE

Many of them have little choice and once you're in you're in and YES you have to do what you are told......Brits and Americans always have issues.....we think Brits are arrogant.

Shahzad

ok sister sarah, then tell them that every muslim having beard, pants above ankles, wearing a turban and prays 5 times a day is NOT a TERRORIST

Sigh sometimes I forget how young some of the members of this board are. I had a feeling this was going to degenerate into childish bickering. The bottom line is, no one is fit to judge a person's belief or heart unless it is Allah swt that is the judge.

You cannot state a news station proved that 40% of service women have been sexually assualted unless you've interviewed all women in the service. And I doubt al-Jazeer has the infrastructure to perform such a monumental task. Only 2 women were interviewed and that does not make 40%.

There are Muslim military personel in the US military. There are Christians, Jews, and other people of religious background. War brings out the worst in people...even in your country. When we stand before Allah swt we will not be asked what country we come from, we will be asked to answer for our own individual sins.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

Shahzad

sister dianek, u really need to get some more knowledge and come out of the box

USA is giving aid to countries?? it taking oil from iraq and KSA.

US has never given aid any where . Its the killer. Wherever it has gone , it has ruined that place. In Indonesia, in vietnam, wherever they did go, they opened night clubs and runied the culture.

This is just one aspect. wat do u think, usa is giving financial aid for free??? its giving money to carry out his orders , anywhere in the world.

Dont ever think of that again. The recent survey has showed the china;s economy has become better than usa's economy. USA is wasting every thing in war.

go and tell bush!!

Hmm....I guess you know so much more about the American (service and otherwise) than Americans do huh?

I would love to have an experiment....bring all our troops home, shut down borders not allowing foreign nationals in, cutting off all aid (financial, food, etc.) to the rest of the world, keep the US' nose clean of affairs with other countries and see how long it would take the rest of the world to see just what the US was doing that helped so many. But either way, then you would all be mad that the US has shunned you all.......But hey, if we took care of ourselves and minded our own business, isn't that what you all want!

Status
Not open for further replies.