R the US army undisiplined?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dianek

ok sister sarah, then tell them that every muslim having beard, pants above ankles, wearing a turban and prays 5 times a day is NOT a TERRORIST

Well, you should read a post in the Thread by nyerkareem.....the poster lives in NYC and finds abundant acceptance. We don't think every muslim is a terrorist! But, heehee, I thought TURBANS were worn by Hindu's.............

Shahzad

When we stand before Allah swt we will not be asked what country we come from, we will be asked to answer for our own individual sins.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

very true. But this doesnt mean that some one keep saying that they are good and in reality , thye are worst. We shud listen to them only, wid out telling them the truth.

Dawud Wharnsby Ali's nasheed "people of the boxes" fits exactly on US nation. With no offence to any bodyy, exceptions are always there

Shahzad

Well, you should read a post in the Thread by nyerkareem.....the poster lives in NYC and finds abundant acceptance. We don't think every muslim is a terrorist! But, heehee, I thought TURBANS were worn by Hindu's.............

Who ever wears any thing, i dont care. We follow sunnah of the Prophet (SAW) by wearing turban which is different from Sikhs (not hindus wear turban)

ShyHijabi

ok sister sarah, then tell them that every muslim having beard, pants above ankles, wearing a turban and prays 5 times a day is NOT a TERRORIST

Salaam Shazad,

Believe it or not I am a member of three non-Muslim boards and argue this point everyday. See, media has a way of distorting things....if we were to believe the media then I would think all bearded, toba wearing Muslims are terrorists. Versely I would also believe that all Americans own guns, every woman is raped, and not one person believes in God.

I am a Muslim living in America. I dress Islamically and make sure to pray five times a day..whether in clinicals or in class. And America does provide a lot of aid to foreign countries...Africa, Eastern Europe, etc., Acts of kindness don't seem to sell as well as acts of violence for the media. Americans are PEOPLE...individuals not some group mind. We have good Americans and evil Americans...just like any other country.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

dianek

We, maybe not the government, but Americans give to many foreign causes (Women for Women, Darfur, LiveAid, Feed the World, etc). The government gives to research of AIDS in africa. We went in and defended Muslims in Bosnia in the 90's.....And with all the immigrants, think of all the American dollars getting sent back to foreign countries.......I know that first hand. I have seen my husband send alot of money home to family. I know that mexicans live 10 in a 2 bedroom apartment so they can ship the max amount back to mexico. So I will say again, if we shut down all foreign contact, you will see that many will be affected.

I am not in a box, I know there are things that the US does that do not bode well, i am not stupid. But we are no worse than anybody else. But at night, when I go to bed, I don't have to worry about my house being invaded by Congo militia that will kill my husband and rape me and my children, I don't have to worry about a suicide bomber coming into my place of work and blowing themselves up......I am happy to be here.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
ok i didnt want this to turn into an argument....so lets jz end this...thank u...if u reply to this u r a rotten egg...wassalam
lol im rotten :p
There are Muslim military personel in the US military. There are Christians, Jews, and other people of religious background.
That maybe so, (beats me as to why a Muslim would join in the first place but thats a different argument altogether). A muslim knows that first and foremost we're answerable to Allah (s) not the higher ranking officer in the military.
I would love to have an experiment....bring all our troops home, shut down borders not allowing foreign nationals in, cutting off all aid (financial, food, etc.) to the rest of the world, keep the US' nose clean of affairs with other countries and see how long it would take the rest of the world to see just what the US was doing that helped so many. But either way, then you would all be mad that the US has shunned you all.......But hey, if we took care of ourselves and minded our own business, isn't that what you all want!
An experiment welcomed by the millions of orphans and widows made through the Iraq war, also by the starving and shell shocked orphans of Gaza!

A Muslim always asks 'does the good outweigh the evil?' and in terms of American involvement in foreign affairs...the answer is so clear.

Shahzad

sister dianek, usa need workers. Their own nation is involved in drinking and running after girls. (most of all)

They are depended on foreign workers wid good skill set. If they shut down foriegn contact, they will sink like TITANIC.

We, maybe not the government, but Americans give to many foreign causes (Women for Women, Darfur, LiveAid, Feed the World, etc). The government gives to research of AIDS in africa. We went in and defended Muslims in Bosnia in the 90's.....And with all the immigrants, think of all the American dollars getting sent back to foreign countries.......I know that first hand. I have seen my husband send alot of money home to family. I know that mexicans live 10 in a 2 bedroom apartment so they can ship the max amount back to mexico. So I will say again, if we shut down all foreign contact, you will see that many will be affected.

I am not in a box, I know there are things that the US does that do not bode well, i am not stupid. But we are no worse than anybody else. But at night, when I go to bed, I don't have to worry about my house being invaded by Congo militia that will kill my husband and rape me and my children, I don't have to worry about a suicide bomber coming into my place of work and blowing themselves up......I am happy to be here.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
We, maybe not the government, but Americans give to many foreign causes (Women for Women, Darfur, LiveAid, Feed the World, etc). The government gives to research of AIDS in africa. We went in and defended Muslims in Bosnia in the 90's.....

One minute you differentiate between the American government and the American people and the next you use the term 'we' ..please clarify as to who exactly you're trying to defend?

dianek

One minute you differentiate between the American government and the American people and the next you use the term 'we' ..please clarify as to who exactly you're trying to defend?

I was referencing "the experiment" mentioned previously....so we would mean Americans, all Americans.

Shahzad

sister dianek, why arent any NGO or champion of human rights association is saying any thing for iraqis and afghanis?

just becoz they are muslims? Some of them are jumping but their jump is very limpy

see daneil perl got killed, and media was like OOOoooOO!!!!.. as to show that he was only the important person in the whole country.

dianek

sister dianek, usa need workers. Their own nation is involved in drinking and running after girls. (most of all)

They are depended on foreign workers wid good skill set. If they shut down foriegn contact, they will sink like TITANIC.

I BEG TO DIFFER!!!! There are many hard working men and women here in the states. My mother for instance works in construction with my father and they are both almost 60!!!!!! We don't need foreign workers! Besides most aren't legal anyway so they can only work for little companies that can hide them! AND I RESENT you accusing us ALL of being drunks and skirt chasers! By keeping those jobs here for Americans who need jobs we would rebuild our economy and raise the lower class and middle class my friend.

Shahzad

I BEG TO DIFFER!!!! There are many hard working men and women here in the states. My mother for instance works in construction with my father and they are both almost 60!!!!!! We don't need foreign workers! Besides most aren't legal anyway so they can only work for little companies that can hide them! AND I RESENT you accusing us ALL of being drunks and skirt chasers! By keeping those jobs here for Americans who need jobs we would rebuild our economy and raise the lower class and middle class my friend.

Again i have already said that most of all, not all americans. Why dont u read the post sister.

if usa has enough talent, then why IT companies are crying for programmers?

Most them of are legal. Even, after that constituation is passed, all those have become legal.

Yeah and see ur mother and father working in the age of 60. 60 is last year after which one has to retire

we would rebuild our economy and raise the lower class and middle class my friend

I like ur ambitions.

I am going to sleep now. !

dianek

sister dianek, why arent any NGO or champion of human rights association is saying any thing for iraqis and afghanis?

just becoz they are muslims? Some of them are jumping but their jump is very limpy

see daneil perl got killed, and media was like OOOoooOO!!!!.. as to show that he was only the important person in the whole country.

Well maybe they aren't in Afghanistan because a lot of people who want or go to help our called "missionaries" and are in danger in that place!

Sorry....I could careless about Daniel Perle, it was tragic, but happens in war....as sister sarah said before there are many anti-war rallies in the US and, Amnesty International work for the aid of those and Palestine. You are so worried about what American's are doing abroad.....why don't you look at what muslims do to muslims in those countries everyday.........

Shahzad

You are so worried about what American's are doing abroad.....why don't you look at what muslims do to muslims in those countries everyday.........

we are already been declared as terrorists. It was u who said that US nation is not like THAT.

Only few anti-war ralies to put up the formality i guess.

Sleep aint goin to be easy tonight

dianek

Again i have already said that most of all, not all americans. Why dont u read the post sister.

Most them of are legal. Even, after that constituation is passed, all those have become legal.

Yeah and see ur mother and father working in the age of 60. 60 is last year after which one has to retire

we would rebuild our economy and raise the lower class and middle class my friend

I like ur ambitions.

I am going to sleep now. !

I will tell you.....because companies can pay them FAR less than they pay here. That is why companies outsource call centers to india.....because they work for next to nothing! And those here in the states are not mostly legal, that is BS................and that bill didn't pass, they aren't going to be legalized with no conditions. I live in a highly foreign populated area and they are always trying to find work "under the table"......my husband and his friends (many of them) had false papers..........

Doris

Bismilah,

Surah Al-Mumtahana : Ayat 4

"Undoubtedly, there is a good example to follow for you in Ibrahim and his companions, when they said to their people, 'undoubtedly' we are FREE of you and that you worship beside Allah, we deny you', and there has appeared ENMITY and HATRED between us and you for ever; until you believe in one Allah..."

Surah Munafiqoun/Hypocrites Ayah 3:

"This is so because, they believed with their tongues, then disbelieved with their hearts, therefore a seal has been set over their hearts, so now they understand nothing."

SuraH Al-Imran ayah 134:
"And remain obedient to Allah and Messenger, in the hope that you be shown mercy."

*Saniyah*

ukhtikum fillaah
:salam2:

We went in and defended Muslims in Bosnia in the 90's.....

Who is this "we"? Americans had their own interests there, as always. They didn't come to help out of purity of their heart. That war was waging for many years, why they didn't try to stop the slaughter in beginning?
Mujahideen from Middle East came to help their brothers and sisters.
America didn't like that obviously, so they interfered.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:

Enough with the Country Bashing !! It is very childish and will not achieve anything.

Leave our poor sister Dianek alone! She has made some good points.

I am not a fan of the USA or of G.W Bush !! I think there is definitely a lot wrong with US Policy. Whether that be their brutal policies in Latin America and establishment of the SOAS (School of Americas), the various coups and wars they participated in or lately the illegal rendition of foreign citizens to their torture camps.

However, we should not waste my time arguing over this or by generalising. Nor do we do what the neo-con / zionist enemies of Islam want. They want us to think they are "Powerful". THey are nothing, they will all perish to dust one day and be destroyed. Who knows, maybe Allah guides them, if not, Allah will punish them for any evil that they have done.

They rely on Muslims to remain weak and not spend their time seeking pure knowledge and implementing it in their lives. They relish in the fact that so many Muslims and people are glued to the TV watching them destroy their cities.. and feeling helpless.

If you ever go to Palestine, you will see this. Alhamdulillah!!!! Our Palestinian brothers and sisters are brave and do not waiver from the treatment the zionist Jews give them. But, there are those who will spend much their time in Cafes smoking, some even drinking Arak (alcohol) and complaining about America and Israel. To what avail ?

I know all about this nonsense, even used to have some emails with professor Noam Chomsky and John Pilger. But, you will realise that a lot of this stuff, even from the political left who sometimes appear to be supportive of Muslims, i.e. George Galloway etc are infact also not good for Muslims. Our answer lies in the Quran and in the authentic hadith with understanding of the early Muslims.

Allah is the Most Wise, the Most Just. He will not let ANY crime go without punishment. Whether that is something done by a rich businessman or a poor man.

The issue here is how we work together. Yeah!! Not to bicker and argue.

Every person is born equal and same. Yeah, including George Bush and Ariel Sharon. If they believed in Allah and his Messenger :saw: , Allah would forgive them their sins. (By the way is Sharon dead yet? or they still got the sleezeball in coma)

A Muslim is meant to be a balanced and intelligent person.

As I mentioned before, the US has a lot of bad foreign policy. This is pretty clear to a lot of people. Ok, well done. There is a lot of negative propoganda against Muslims and a lot of bad things that have been done against Muslims. What are we going to do about it? -- Answer: Educate ourselves to the authentic teachings of Islam. Simple.

At same time, we know that not all Americans are like this. Afterall, there are many on this website.. including some who used to hate Muslims and Arabs, but who later Allah guided!! So, it is foolish for people to argue especially for Muslims to argue about it here. Especially as we have a lot of non-Muslim and new Muslim people coming here to learn about Islam.

Likewise, there are some people who have done some pretty evil and daft things in the name of Islam.

Our Muslim brothers and sisters, very very very few are acting according to the Quran and Sunnah. Thus our present situation!! Its not America or Israel.. It is the Muslims who have become so weak as not being able to defend themselves or think about these situations in a proper, correct and clear way.

- I do not think anyone should waste their time arguing about these issues.

Unfortunately I feel my words fall on deaf ears..I fear Allah, I do not fear any country or person.

To me USA, UK, Russia, Israel or India is nothing. Allah will assist and help us, as long as we strive in correct way. That is always starting from the original teachings of Islam. Our time is precious... Lets work together in learning about Allah and helping each other in that.

This site has a purpose inshaAllah. That is for getting us all united, no matter where we are from in learning and implementing Islam. This gaining of knowledge will allow us to see issues in much better light and with more wisdom. inshaAllah Ta'ala.. and it will lift us out of this darkness and help us be stronger.

Importance of Tawheed in Reviving the Ummah

The most significant factor that has led them to be subjected to these punishments is their heedlessness regarding affairs of Tawheed and their falling into major shirk, to the point that they do not prohibit each other from it, nor do they even show any contempt for it! Those who do not fall into it themselves still condone it or do not consider it shirk. An explanation of this is forthcoming, in shaa' Allaah. So know that this is the primary reason that the Muslims have been subjected to such punishments.

If they were to hold firmly to their religion, actualizing tawheed and establishing their 'aqeedah upon the Book and the Sunnah, holding together to the Rope of Allaah, shunning division, then verily what has been allowed to befall them will not be allowed to befall them anymore, as Allaah says:

“And verily Allaah will make those who aid His Cause victorious, for verily He is All-Powerful and Mighty. (They are) those who, when given power in the land, establish the prayer, pay zakaah, command what is good, and forbid what is evil, and with Allaah is the end result of all affairs.” [Surah Al-Hajj: 41]

So Allaah has made it clear that victory will not be given to the Muslims unless they focus on what He mentioned - establishing the prayer, paying zakaah, commanding what is good, and forbidding what is evil.

Where are these affairs with the Muslims and their current situations today? Where is the establishment of the prayer by most of the Muslims? Or even more importantly, where is the correct 'aqeedah for most of those who claim Islaam as their religion?!

Allaah says: “Allaah has promised those of you who believe and do righteous deeds that He will cause them to rule the earth just as He caused those who came before them to rule it, and He will grant them the ability to practice their religion, the one He chose for them, and He will change their fears into safety.” [Surah: An-Noor: 55]

But where is the very first condition for this promise? “…(providing) that they worship Me without ascribing a single partner to Me.” [Surah An-Noor: 55]

So He clarified that this gaining of authority and fortification will only come to pass when this condition is fulfilled - that they worship Him alone without any partners, and this is the essence of tawheed. These generously promised things will not be granted except to those who understand and apply tawheed, worshipping Allaah alone with no partners, with acts of worship including prayer, zakaah, Hajj, and all other acts of obedience.
wasalamu alaykum

Status
Not open for further replies.