Racism in Multicultural Britain

Kakorot

:salam2:

It's not so much islamophobia, but more to do with racism in general.

[yt]y8e6lS7T9yI[/yt]

[yt]um8KJVbiB6w[/yt]

[yt]_kSO3zu9J6s[/yt]

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

I have a magazine that has the past history back to british colonialisation. It mentioned the treatment of British, Portuguese, French etc colonialists with the Africans. They use to bring them from Africa to their lands via boats and ships of that time. The slaves on the boards were hoarded in such a way that not an inch place remained between them.further chained and hooked. The voyage remained for months as there were no such nautical mile speed then. For months they faced the sea weather in a same position, fed by the masters, for other necessities given a time. further only males were taken and no family threats onwards for them.

Well its bit ironical to see the male lords bow and salute madams and call it a good gesture. Hardly convinces me that the kingdom that calls it most powerful has been shackled by women (queen and others) and being racist to others,No ill-feeling intended.

Anyways, thank-you for the subject-matter. The version I use mozilla firefox has to be fixed and using MS explorer at moment,-not able to watch video and its content. So I don’t know how relevant my input is !

waalaykum salaam.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
In my opinion what this Documentary portrays is a bit misleading.

Those racists in the video are just a bunch of chavs, they mess with pretty much anyone who chooses to walk on the same side of the pavement as themselves!

Its silly that those people put themselves in the most un-educated, impoverished working class area, where they would so obviously face problems. Typical Panorama style.

Sure, there are issues with racism in 'multicultural' Britain today. The racism is far more subtle and deeply entrenched than this programme allows to be understood.

Thanks Channa for posting this, Ive seen it before and I got the opportunity to comment :)

Wa-alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah.

PS: On the topic of Racism ..Im looking for the film 'Roots' has anyone seen it? Any reviews? I think its banned in the UK because it sparked race riots some time ago.

Kakorot

Assalaamu alaykum,

I have a magazine that has the past history back to british colonialisation. It mentioned the treatment of British, Portuguese, French etc colonialists with the Africans. They use to bring them from Africa to their lands via boats and ships of that time. The slaves on the boards were hoarded in such a way that not an inch place remained between them.further chained and hooked. The voyage remained for months as there were no such nautical mile speed then. For months they faced the sea weather in a same position, fed by the masters, for other necessities given a time. further only males were taken and no family threats onwards for them.

Well its bit ironical to see the male lords bow and salute madams and call it a good gesture. Hardly convinces me that the kingdom that calls it most powerful has been shackled by women (queen and others) and being racist to others,No ill-feeling intended.

Anyways, thank-you for the subject-matter. The version I use mozilla firefox has to be fixed and using MS explorer at moment,-not able to watch video and its content. So I don’t know how relevant my input is !

waalaykum salaam.

Thanks for the comment. Too bad you can't watch them.

In my opinion what this Documentary portrays is a bit misleading.

Those racists in the video are just a bunch of chavs, they mess with pretty much anyone who chooses to walk on the same side of the pavement as themselves!

Hmm, true but they didn't pick on the white people, they only picked on foreign ppl and those who look different.

Its silly that those people put themselves in the most un-educated, impoverished working class area, where they would so obviously face problems. Typical Panorama style.

Yep, media is misleading as always. I think the point of the documentary was to see if racism still exists in Britain, (as if no-one knows LOL).
I think there will be more racism in the areas where there is not much diversity. For example, in London there's all sorts of people, but places up north, such as Leeds there might be a lot of racism because it is less diverse.

Sure, there are issues with racism in 'multicultural' Britain today. The racism is far more subtle and deeply entrenched than this programme allows to be understood.

Thanks Channa for posting this, Ive seen it before and I got the opportunity to comment :)

Your welcome sis.

Wa-alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah.

PS: On the topic of Racism ..Im looking for the film 'Roots' has anyone seen it? Any reviews? I think its banned in the UK because it sparked race riots some time ago.

I don't think it's banned because I remember watching it in year 9, as part of black history month. I'll check if it's available on youtube.

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

I watched the videos now, hehe...

such cases are occuring at every place-to a more or less extent. some reasons - jealous tendency, violent surrounding and attitude of being discriminated in homelands, enjoying tortures.

Weird to say but the natives hold mentality that immigrants have unfair advantage over them and a better standard than themselves.

I remember a sort of incident went with my neighbour’s cousin living in Durban. The brother (may Allaah have mercy on him) was shooted in his store as he agitated against the rowdies.