ramadan and messed up sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

booya

:salam2:
This is my first ramadan and it's a pretty tough one since I happen to have traveled right at the start. So now I'm still very jet lagged. I sleep around 11-12 at night and usually only got 2 hrs sleep. It's hard to sleep after that so I usually remain awake until I eat sahoor at 4 am. Then I still have to wait until 5.30 to pray, and after that I sleep. I've been waking up around 1 pm for a few days now!!

So my plan is to wake up at around 10 am, fight through the drowsiness, get myself busy during the day so I can sleep better at night. School starts next week so I still got time.

The ramadan itself has been pretty good..it does get tough when it gets to 1 hour before break time. The clock just wont move:biggrin:
And 30 days is quite a loooong time to fast! But alhamdulillah I start to feel some difference spiritually. Things like..I'm all by myself and there's nobody that can stop me from eating or drinking during the day, yet we all have no choice but to wait until Allah allows us to eat if we want to get full reward and satisfaction.:) Well, thinking that some people are willing to go for 30 days without food and drink during the day itself is pretty...extraordinary. It looks like it doesnt make sense, until one actually does it.

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
This is my first ramadan and it's a pretty tough one since I happen to have traveled right at the start. So now I'm still very jet lagged. I sleep around 11-12 at night and usually only got 2 hrs sleep. It's hard to sleep after that so I usually remain awake until I eat sahoor at 4 am. Then I still have to wait until 5.30 to pray, and after that I sleep. I've been waking up around 1 pm for a few days now!!

So my plan is to wake up at around 10 am, fight through the drowsiness, get myself busy during the day so I can sleep better at night. School starts next week so I still got time.

The ramadan itself has been pretty good..it does get tough when it gets to 1 hour before break time. The clock just wont move:biggrin:
And 30 days is quite a loooong time to fast! But alhamdulillah I start to feel some difference spiritually. Things like..I'm all by myself and there's nobody that can stop me from eating or drinking during the day, yet we all have no choice but to wait until Allah allows us to eat if we want to get full reward and satisfaction.:) Well, thinking that some people are willing to go for 30 days without food and drink during the day itself is pretty...extraordinary. It looks like it doesnt make sense, until one actually does it.

This is funny this thread was made because I am having the same issue. After I get back from the masjid after taraweeh, I do my homework, chat with the friends, read Qur'an. By the time I look up it is 3 or 4 am. Why bother going to sleep and miss suhoor? It is 6 am right now. I do not clonk out until 7 or 7:30. I will probably sleep til 1pm. I have been getting in trouble with my professors because my sleep is just crazy.

Alhamdullilah it has been a great fasting period for me so far :D The weather is great and the company I surround myself is great.

Insha Allah my sleeping patterns will change and yours too :D

:wasalam:

Zarra

:salam2: ,

I decided that I wouldn't sleep after sahoor before Ramadan started. Let me tell you it's all different now ;p I go to sleep after fajr, sleep till 7 to get ready for work and then come home about 4 and lay down for an hour.

I so need some energy, inshallah.

I completely understand what you mean when you talk about spirituality, though, mashallah. This is the one thing I can do solely to show Allah (swt) how much I love him, alhamdilah, and it's having a profound effect on me. Inshallah, the good habits I hope Im developing stay with me after Ramadan.

booya

Wow..such quick responses.

Well school starts in about a week from now and I'm gonna have morning classes so I'll try to accustom myself to not sleep after sahoor. I hope I can use that time to do homework etc since I tend to slack off my schoolwork previously:redface:

I really feel fortunate that I can fast. My family still doesnt know that I'm practicing Islam and they were very upset upon hearing me learning it. So for the last few months I just keep it down..no talks about religion. I wasnt sure that I can fast, but alhamdulillah everything fell into place in such a way that I can fast.

sajjuaiah

As-salaam Alaikum,

Al-Hamdulillah I have beautiful routine.

After my tarawee i will sleep immediately at 10pm and wake up 4:15am take bath and eat, read quran, do sunnah, go to masjid for Fajr salah.

09:00am duty till 4:00pm go home do As'r salah in masjid and nap short and read quran. waiting for Magrib.

After Magrib little play with my kids and some house work and dinner immediately.

From Isha salah do tarawee and get to bed.

Zarra

Well school starts in about a week from now and I'm gonna have morning classes so I'll try to accustom myself to not sleep after sahoor. I hope I can use that time to do homework etc since I tend to slack off my schoolwork previously:redface:

I really feel fortunate that I can fast. My family still doesnt know that I'm practicing Islam and they were very upset upon hearing me learning it. So for the last few months I just keep it down..no talks about religion. I wasnt sure that I can fast, but alhamdulillah everything fell into place in such a way that I can fast.

Congratulations on your recent, reverting, brother, :mashallah: Let us know how things go at home, inshallaah.

carpy321

As-salaam Alaikum,

Al-Hamdulillah I have beautiful routine.

After my tarawee i will sleep immediately at 10pm and wake up 4:15am take bath and eat, read quran, do sunnah, go to masjid for Fajr salah.

09:00am duty till 4:00pm go home do As'r salah in masjid and nap short and read quran. waiting for Magrib.

After Magrib little play with my kids and some house work and dinner immediately.

From Isha salah do tarawee and get to bed.

where i am from we dont finish tarawee till 10:30pm! so what i do is pray tarawee come home chat to sisters and brothers till 12am then sleep get up at 4am wait till prayr then after sleep and wake up at 7.30 - 8am!
this ramadam been very easily alhumdilliah my first 1!
congratulations on your revert! im glad uve found your way like many others.

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..

Mashallah brother, may Allah (swt) grant you jannah inshallah

booya

Well I happen to study outside my country, so I'm pretty much by myself except for a housemaid that helps take care of the house and myself :). She's amazingly very cooperative. I dont know why but it makes the fasting really go smoother.

Some days are tougher than the others arent they?

booya

I got my sleep fixed last night....but I ended up sleeping over sahoor. So hungry..and I didnt have something to eat before bed.

khalillulah

may a Allah keep your iman stronger than ever.
me too i changed my sleeping schedule because of ramadhan, it works great with the help of Allah. My sleeping hrs are less but it's well worth as long as you spent in right course.
masalam

Status
Not open for further replies.