Reading Biography of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Ladybug3478

Salam :),

I started reading the biography of Muhammad (PBUH). I'm up to the part where his grandfather past and his uncle Abu Talib will take custody. Wow, Muhammad had a rough beginning. And, also to already know about his sons passing (didn't get to that part in the book) - very sad. But, so far it seems that he always had someone around who loved him much. Then reading about how the Bedouin woman use to work as wet nurses for the Quarysh - for years...this is amazing. It's amazing the trust people had at that time. "Here stranger take my child" It's amazing that no one had to think about deadly disease...amazing. Am I understanding this right?

Also, there isn't much said about Muhammad's mother...Aminah. Is there anything written about her?

And, reading about the politics. The threat or lack there of...of the Persian and Byzantine empires. Amazing. Of course, I will probably go back and read that chapter because it mentions a lot of things, which, I have no idea (different empires and tribes etc...).

Regards

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

*sister*...it's so nice to finally say this to you and mean it in the most complete of ways..congratualtions! and welcome to the family! :)

As for the mother of Rasulullah (saaws) there isn't a whole lot on her..only a few glimpses..one where she had a dream that she will have a son who is blessed..another upon giving birth of Rasulullah (saaws)..and a final one about her death..then Rasulullah (saaws) had an instance of visiting her grave after Allah (swt) gave him permission to do that..I do not want to give you too much details..because I think it's nicer when you read them yourself..

but isn't the story moving?! (it will get even more moving as details proceed..just giving you a heads up :))

and yes you're right..it's amazing how people trusted each other back then and were so concerned with how their children were brought up..and how very few fears were present back then..it does make one think very deeply

:wasalam:

Ladybug3478

:salam2:

*sister*...it's so nice to finally say this to you and mean it in the most complete of ways..congratualtions! and welcome to the family! :)

As for the mother of Rasulullah (saaws) there isn't a whole lot on her..only a few glimpses..one where she had a dream that she will have a son who is blessed..another upon giving birth of Rasulullah (saaws)..and a final one about her death..then Rasulullah (saaws) had an instance of visiting her grave after Allah (swt) gave him permission to do that..I do not want to give you too much details..because I think it's nicer when you read them yourself..

but isn't the story moving?! (it will get even more moving as details proceed..just giving you a heads up :))

and yes you're right..it's amazing how people trusted each other back then and were so concerned with how their children were brought up..and how very few fears were present back then..it does make one think very deeply

:wasalam:

Salam Sister :),

Thanks so much! Yeah, I didn't want to put the book down. Can't wait to read more. :)

I don't understand. Can you please explain why Muhammad (PBUH) had to ask permission to visit his mother's grave? Also, I think I'm missing something about how the children were brought up. I know there were wet nurses but, I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it. Were there specific measures taken or just in general. Just want to understand it as much as possible. Inshallah. :)