recent happenings

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreedomFighter

:salam2:

ok since that other thread got closed, let me just make a new thread. this is about the recent happenings here.

1. im sure most of us active members have seen that warning sign. it says to immediately remove opposite gender from your list, but not a lot of us have taken that step. me included. so what to do about this? is it bad that we are not taking any steps, because it didnt matter before and there was not much fitnah before.

2. pls dont put your email address for all to see. this is for your own good. even if someone asks for it, you shouldnt give them so easily. i dont even like giving my name, and i would not like to display my email address for all to see, and even if you ask for my email, i dont easily give it to you. i dont also easily give my name, even if you are the same gender, i will just tell you to call me freedomfighter.

3. TTI comes with its own features. visitor messages and private messages and friends list. it depends on you how you use them. if you have something you want to tell another member, all these features will allow you to do that. so there is no need to add especially the opposite gender to your msn or whatever you have. why is it so hard to just let it stay here and not take it else where. after all you have these features that are almost similar to msn which you can use and the benefit is that its not private.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
assalamu aleikum
Please let's not take it wrong way .

This is mixed forum and it is allowed to reply to each other ,but in Islamic manner ,that's all.
The message upthere is for the Visitor messages and unnecessary Pming

I hope its clear ..

And I do agree we need to be more gentle when replying and not accusing each other .
Giving dawah doesn't mean judging people and telling them what to do and accusing them in giving fatwa,but giving dawah with wisdom and kindness ,this is what our Prophet peace be upon him did ,and it is something we all need to learn...

waaleikum salam

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

1. im sure most of us active members have seen that warning sign. it says to immediately remove opposite gender from your list, but not a lot of us have taken that step. me included. so what to do about this? is it bad that we are not taking any steps, because it didnt matter before and there was not much fitnah before.

Sister, it does not say that, it says make friendships with your own gender. There is a big difference between an e-list of "friends" and making friendships with one another. The latter clearly implies conversing and exceeding the limits of the shari`ah in this regarding, and that is what we are warning from. As for the friends lists etc, then this will all go inshaa' Allaah.

Of course, if having a friends lists is a cause for some of us to converse unnecessarily with the opposite gender, then it should be deleted. Much like what you stated in your 4th point.

However, the need to say, "this is for sisters only" etc. is unnecessary. Replying to one another is fine, but it needs to be done, within boundaries. And it may take a long time for people to get use to them, especially considering how open and careless many of us have been in the past.

Was-salaam

FreedomFighter

like i said if anyone want to add me, fine. if they dont want, fine. this only applies for TTI friends list. if someone added me or i added them, this does not mean that i will be chatting with them like everyday. people add because of the post quality or behaviour, not because of the gender. personally i have not added anybody. but ya that would be a good idea to remove the feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.