Rediscovering

Peace-&-Love

:salam2: My Brothers and Sisters out there.
May Allah’s blessing and mercy be upon you all.

I am a new member and I came here i guess to expand my knowledge of Islam and broaden my ties with the Muslim Ummah. I have been born and raised as a Muslim, but I truly believe I chose to be a Muslim only a year ago. Coming to America at a young age, it always felt like a battle to not only balance the American culture with my family’s culture, but to somehow fit Islam in there.

It seems to me that as Muslim teens, Islam is enforced upon us and many times we don’t get the full chance to find for ourselves the beauty, the peace, and most importantly the belonging that comes with it. What I found out when I began to question things was that what I was fighting against was not Islam. For there is no mistake in a religion so perfect itself. No, what I conflicted with and disagreed with was my family’s culture. A culture that has over shadowed Islam and came in between me and my creator, just as it has done to others. Isn’t it weird how Shatan works? How he uses what you were brought up upon to alter your religion. I think this is why our Ummah is such distress. We are taking Islam and trying to alter it to fit us. When we should be the ones changing to fit Islam.

However, looking through this site I can’t help but feel like there is hope. Hope for the religion of our Prophet (PBUH) to return. Hope for the many out there like me, who have a hard time distinguish what Islam really is. Hope that the Muslims shall raise from not only the public‘s ignorance but that of their own. I guess that is truly why I am here. To rediscover the true path and to redefine my faith!

Peace and Love,
Your sister in Islam

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

MashaAllaah I hope you find what you are looking for.

Sorry for the delay - I dont know why it wasnt showing before!

wasalam

ayesha_r

Muslimah
walikum salam dear sis
:SMILY206: to TTI
enjoy your stay
inshallah you will find everything you are looking for
take care

..DuA..

walaykumasalaam sister

welcome to the forums,
and also ;
welcome to the Ummah
mashallah =)
InshaAllah you enjoy it here and find it of some benefit
MAY Allah increse us in eman and make our hearts firm in islam Ameen

erica5127

I agree, in America, people don't know the true Islam, they just know what some muslims do, it's a cultural divide, and muslims should stand up and say what they belive in if they want to unite America and Islam. May Allah be with you.

fada_all

salam alikum

have a warm welcome to tti , may allah guide us all to the right path :tti_sister::tti_sister::tti_sister::tti_sister:

Peace-&-Love

:salam2:

Thank you all! It means a lot getting your warm greetings. You guys are beyond wonderful people and may Allah bless you for it! :tti_sister:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:salam2: My Brothers and Sisters out there.
May Allah’s blessing and mercy be upon you all.

I am a new member and I came here i guess to expand my knowledge of Islam and broaden my ties with the Muslim Ummah. I have been born and raised as a Muslim, but I truly believe I chose to be a Muslim only a year ago. Coming to America at a young age, it always felt like a battle to not only balance the American culture with my family’s culture, but to somehow fit Islam in there.

It seems to me that as Muslim teens, Islam is enforced upon us and many times we don’t get the full chance to find for ourselves the beauty, the peace, and most importantly the belonging that comes with it. What I found out when I began to question things was that what I was fighting against was not Islam. For there is no mistake in a religion so perfect itself. No, what I conflicted with and disagreed with was my family’s culture. A culture that has over shadowed Islam and came in between me and my creator, just as it has done to others. Isn’t it weird how Shatan works? How he uses what you were brought up upon to alter your religion. I think this is why our Ummah is such distress. We are taking Islam and trying to alter it to fit us. When we should be the ones changing to fit Islam.

However, looking through this site I can’t help but feel like there is hope. Hope for the religion of our Prophet (PBUH) to return. Hope for the many out there like me, who have a hard time distinguish what Islam really is. Hope that the Muslims shall raise from not only the public‘s ignorance but that of their own. I guess that is truly why I am here. To rediscover the true path and to redefine my faith!

Peace and Love,
Your sister in Islam

:wasalam: my dear sister in Islam:D
:SMILY206: Home, and to the TTI family:D Glad to have you here with us dear sister...I Hope you enjoy your stay, benefit from us, and benefit USSSSSSS!!! inshaAllah ta'ala.
Sister, I gotta say that like you, I too *REDISCOVERED* Islam and I think so many of our TTI family members are like you and I....culture plays an important role on how Muslims are today!!! but we have to over loooke it and overcome it. And AlhamduliAllah, TTI has helped sooooooo many of us and inshaAllah, the HOPE you're talking about is right here!! with Allah's help inshaAllah Islam will blossome AGAIN and we'll be MUSLIMS who follow ISLAM and NOT MUSLIMS who follow CULTUTRE!!!!May Allah bless you for posting this thread and sharing your thoughts with us!
:SMILY206: again, and I look forward to reading your posts/threads in the near future:D

Allah hafiz now and alwaysss:D take good care of yourself:D