Regarding Interruption...

Truth91

Allahu Akbar!
Assalamu Alaykum WR WB

May Allahs Peace And Salutations Be Upon The Final Prophet.

I was in my final rakat of Zuhr prayer before and my mum accidently interrupted me. After I had answered the interruption, I returned and started the final rakat again and then finished my prayer.

Was that the correct thing to do?

I am a recent convert so do not know these things yet, InshALLAH i will become more knowledgeable soon.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Assalamu Allaicomu dear brother.

Mashallah you done good dead,and you done correct when you answer your mother while you were praying.

Allahs Messanger s.a.w.. said that no metter if we are performing salah prayer and our parents call us we should answered to them and after Inshallah finish our salah.

May Allah reword you dear brother and accept all your prayers.Ameen.:tti_sister:

:wasalam:

Your sister in Islam,Asiya

pcozzy

:salam2:

Yes, you can stop and answer when it is urgent, but when you return you need to start all over with the prayer.

If I get a chance I will get you hadith, funny I just read these hadith this morning but it was in my Arabic text and was about congregation prayers.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Assalamu Allaicomu

When salah(prayer) will not going to be interrupt in the way that you do not need to pray salal from begining.You only need to comuntinue with your salah

*If there is a dangeror for our life or our property,or lofe of someone else;when we hear call for help or when we notice that it will happen some bigger dangerous
*If housewife notice that her meal will burn,that her child is in some dangerous and simmular.
*If in the moment of salah someone call us,or we need to warn on something man will say "SubhanAllah"
*Salah will not need to reapet from begining neither in the case when while praying imam make mistake and someone in mosques correct him prounancing words from Surah that Imam was learning all untill Imam countinue

In all this cases it is permissible to continue with your salah.

May Allah bless you dear brother

pcozzy

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Doorbell rings while I am praying[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Question: If I am praying and somebody rings the doorbell, and nobody is in the house except me, what shall I do?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Response: If the prayer is a voluntary prayer, the matter is much easier as there is nothing from preventing you from stopping your prayer and seeing who is at the door. However, if it is an obligatory prayer, then you should not rush your prayer unless it is something very important that you fear will be missed. If possible, you may alert the person at the door that you are busy in prayer, by saying subhanAllaah for men or clapping for women, that would be sufficient. The Prophet (sal-Allaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) said, "If anything happens to someone during the prayer, the men should say subhanAllaah and the women should clap." If you can make it clear to the one at the door that you are in prayer, by the man saying subhaan-Allaah and the woman clapping then you should do that. However, if that will not help because the door is far away and the person will not hear you, then there is no harm in you breaking off the prayer, in particular if it is a voluntary prayer. If it is an obligatory prayer, you should only do that if it is expected that that is something very important. In that case, you may break off the prayer and then repeat it from its beginning afterwards.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And all praises belong to Allaah.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shaykh Ibn Baaz
Fataawa al-Mar.ah
[/FONT]
http://www.fatwa-online.com/fataawa/worship/prayer/9991018_93.htm

She said it was interrupted and she returned to pray. Meaning here mind was removed from the prayer completely.

hassana elkoussi

I think if it's not an emergency, you should start from the very beginning. I'm sure your mum didn't know you were praying. And Allah knows best.

May Allah guide you to the right path.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum

I came across this recently and remembered this thread so decided to post here even though it may be a bit old.

Mashallah you done good dead,and you done correct when you answer your mother while you were praying.

Allahs Messanger s.a.w.. said that no metter if we are performing salah prayer and our parents call us we should answered to them and after Inshallah finish our salah.

May Allah reword you dear brother and accept all your prayers.Ameen.:tti_sister:

Ya ukhti, remember we have to be very careful when we are stating what we believe is correct as we will be accountable for any judgments we deliver and others may follow. This is also the same case for ahadeeth as well - so for hadith such as the one you stated, it would be best and most prudent that you provide a solid source and evidence for your claim. I have not come across this hadith anywhere, so if you could - please bring forth the evidence, otherwise I would ask you remove this in light of the fatwa which will inshaAllah follow and clarify doubts on this matter.

When salah(prayer) will not going to be interrupt in the way that you do not need to pray salal from begining.You only need to comuntinue with your salah

*Salah will not need to reapet from begining neither in the case when while praying imam make mistake and someone in mosques correct him prounancing words from Surah that Imam was learning all untill Imam countinue

In all this cases it is permissible to continue with your salah.

Again I ask ukhti that you bring forth source for your claim. We here are not scholars, and although it is legitimate what you have stated as some of the reasons for breaking off of the Salah perhaps - this does not mean that you may return and simply continue Salah from the same point as before. I have not come across this ruling anywhere - rather the scholars have stated that one should begin their salah from the beginning again - as the fatwa from before shows:

If it is an obligatory prayer, you should only do that if it is expected that that is something very important. In that case, you may break off the prayer and then repeat it from its beginning afterwards.

I will also say that if I am misunderstanding then correct me, but what I derive from your comments is they do not have to begin their salah from the beginning again after breaking off but merely continue on from where they left off - which is not right at all.

That having been said - the following is a hadith commentary I came across by Shaykh Uthaymeen rahimahullah about this matter in which he gives the ruling. The Hadith will come first inshaAllah with commentary following:

"Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Only three people talked in their cradles: 'Isa son of Maryam and the companion of Jurayj. Jurayj was a man of assiduous worship who went to live in a hermitage. While he was there, his mother came while he was praying and said, 'Jurayj!' He said, 'O Lord, my mother or my prayer!' He continued in his prayer and she went away. The next day she came while he was praying and she said, 'Jurayj!' He again said, 'O Lord, my mother or my prayer!' He continued in his prayer and she went away. The next day she came while he was praying and she said, 'Jurayj!' He said, 'O Lord, my mother or my prayer!' He continued in his prayer.She said, 'O Allah, do not let him die without having looked into the face of a prostitute!' Jurayj and his worship became a subject of discussion among the Children of Israel and among them was a wanton woman whose beauty was proverbial. She said, 'If you like, I will seduce him.' She displayed herself to him, but he did not look at her. She went to a shepherd who had taken shelter in his hermitage and offered herself to him. He had intercourse with her and she became pregnant. When she gave birth, she said, 'It is from Jurayj.' They went to him and forced him down from his hermitage, demolished it, and began to beat him. He said, 'What is wrong with you?' They said, 'You committed fornication with this prostitute and she has given birth to your child.' He said, 'Where is the child?' They brought him and he said, 'Let me pray first.' He prayed and when he had finished, the child was brought and put in his lap. He said, 'Boy, who is your father?' The boy said, 'So-and-so the shepherd.' They began to kiss Jurayj and stroke him. They said, 'We will build you a hermitage of gold.' He said, 'No, rebuild it from clay as it was before.' They did this. ...."

Reference: Sharh Riyaad as Saliheen: 2/54

The benefit we derive from this phrase in this Hadeeth [1] is that it is an obligation to respond to your parents if they call on you while you are in prayer, but with the condition that the prayer is not an obligation. If the prayer is an obligation, then it is not permissible to respond to them, but if it is a Sunnah prayer then respond to them.

If however your parents are amongst those who weigh issues out correctly, and if they knew that you were praying when they called you they would excuse you, in this case you can signal to them that you are in prayer, by making a noise or saying Subhaan Allaah in a loud voice or raising your voice with the Ayah that you are reciting or a supplication that you are reading until the caller understands that you are in prayer.

If you know that your parents, your mother and father, are understanding and would excuse you if they knew that you were praying, then just indicate to them that you are praying.

For example, if your father approaches you and calls you by name while you are praying the Sunnah of Fajr, if he is an understanding man who would excuse you, then indicate to him that you are in prayer, say Subhaan Allaah, raise your voice in recitation or Du’aa or the Dhikr that you are reading so that he excuses you.

If your father however is amongst those who would not excuse you, he wants his say to be the uppermost, then cut off your Salaat and speak to him. Likewise is the case with your mother.

As for the obligatory prayer, then do not cut it off for anyone except if it is a necessity. For example, if you see someone who is in danger, such as someone falling into a well, the sea or a fire. In such a case cut off your obligatory prayer, other than such cases [i.e. emergencies] then do not cut off the obligatory prayer.

[1] The Shaykh mentions this in his comments to the Hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah that was collected by both Bukhaaree and Muslim where Jurayj was called upon by his mother on three occasions while he was in prayer and he chose not to respond, she eventually supplicated against him.

Hope it helps inshaAllah

wasalam