Removing of hair on the face.

friend263

Assalamualaikum.. I have read in the quran that our prophet dsnt like the women who remove there eyebrows hair.. But what about those hair which comes on the upper side of the lips forming a moustach or the hair on the chins.. Can a lady remove that hair? if no then if a husband wants his wife to remove that hair is is allowed??? kindly reply on urgent note..

Yaapin

Assalamualaikum.. I have read in the quran that our prophet dsnt like the women who remove there eyebrows hair.. But what about those hair which comes on the upper side of the lips forming a moustach or the hair on the chins.. Can a lady remove that hair? if no then if a husband wants his wife to remove that hair is is allowed??? kindly reply on urgent note..

:wasalam:

Please read below references, InshaAllah, will help answer your qn & clear your doubts:

Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

With regard to hair which is abnormal, because it grows in places where hair does not usually grow, such as a woman having a moustache or hair growing on her cheeks, there is nothing wrong with removing this, because it is abnormal and is disfiguring to the woman.

The Standing Committee was asked about women removing facial hair, and they replied as follows:

It is OK for a woman to remove hair on the upper lip, thighs, calves and arms. This is not the same as plucking (eyebrows), which is forbidden.

‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, ‘Abd al-Razzaaq ‘Afeefi, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ghadyaan, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Qa’ood

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/194, 195

The Standing Committee was also asked:

What is the ruling on a woman removing hair from her body; if it is permissible, then who is allowed to do that for her?

They answered:

It is permissible for her (to remove) everything except her eyebrows and the hair on her head; it is not permissible for her to remove those, or to remove anything from the eyebrows whether by shaving or any other means. She, her husband or one of her mahrams may do that for her, with regard to the parts of the body that they are permitted to see; or another woman may do that, with regard to the parts of the body that she is permitted to see

‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, ‘Abd al-Razzaaq ‘Afeefi, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ghadyaan, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Qa’ood

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/194

The hair of the private parts and the thighs may not be seen by either another woman or a mahram.

It is forbidden for a woman to remove her eyebrows or part of them by any means, whether it be by shaving, cutting, using a depilatory substance, because this constitutes the plucking for which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who does it, i.e., the women who plucks all or part of her eyebrows, claiming that it is for the purpose of beautification, or the woman who does that for her. This is changing the creation of Allaah which the Shaytaan promised to enjoin upon the sons of Adam.

Yaapin

What does mahram mean? Is it a father or brother?

YES!!!

Mahrams’:
This category refers to all those males whom a woman cannot marry at anytime in her life whatsoever. In other word a male who is forbidden permanently, forever (i.e. one’s father, brother or son etc).

maryjo

Just for curiousity, are the parts that can beseen by women the same as those seen by mahram--- my guess is no :)

friend263

Assalamualaikum

Please read below references, InshaAllah, will help answer your qn & clear your doubts:

Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

With regard to hair which is abnormal, because it grows in places where hair does not usually grow, such as a woman having a moustache or hair growing on her cheeks, there is nothing wrong with removing this, because it is abnormal and is disfiguring to the woman.

The Standing Committee was asked about women removing facial hair, and they replied as follows:

It is OK for a woman to remove hair on the upper lip, thighs, calves and arms. This is not the same as plucking (eyebrows), which is forbidden.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/194, 195

The Standing Committee was also asked:

What is the ruling on a woman removing hair from her body; if it is permissible, then who is allowed to do that for her?

They answered:

It is permissible for her (to remove) everything except her eyebrows and the hair on her head; it is not permissible for her to remove those, or to remove anything from the eyebrows whether by shaving or any other means. She, her husband or one of her mahrams may do that for her, with regard to the parts of the body that they are permitted to see; or another woman may do that, with regard to the parts of the body that she is permitted to see

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/194

The hair of the private parts and the thighs may not be seen by either another woman or a mahram.

It is forbidden for a woman to remove her eyebrows or part of them by any means, whether it be by shaving, cutting, using a depilatory substance, because this constitutes the plucking for which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who does it, i.e., the women who plucks all or part of her eyebrows, claiming that it is

Seeker-of-truth

is it ok to for men to pluck facial hair? sometimes I pluck a hair or 2 from my beard that grows close to the cheek bone because it looks abnormal just 1 or 2 hairs

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu. . .

Can you post the ayah? I thought this was mentioned in the Sunnah of the prophet:saw:

Jazakallah khair!

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Just for curiousity, are the parts that can beseen by women the same as those seen by mahram--- my guess is no :)

Do you mean, can women see other women uncovered as their mahrams can?

I believe yes. Women can sit comfortably uncovered in front of otehr women. INsha'ALlah someone will provide more insight.

Yaapin

Those that can be seen by women are also restricted parts... (I can't remember where I read, but if I find, i'll post it) like your private parts, another woman isn't allowed to see as well as for men unless ofcourse he's your husband. This is so bcz as you knw the nature of women with their gossiping & spreading of rumours, watch your body & ofcrs you bng comfortable & not knwing simply bcz she's a female as you are, but the way they describe you infront of another woman in a criticising manner (eg, might go saying, she's got an ugly body part) so its better if you don't let any woman see your body unless your sister & mother, for they can't say bad things about your figure to any outsider or any relative.

Also note: Infront of a mahram i.e dad & brother, it will be better if you cover yourself decently infront of them even your hair if possible, as with the case nowadays, with men having change/bad intentions & where a father rapes her own daughter, so it just best to be decently covered infront of any man

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Also note: Infront of a mahram i.e dad & brother, it will be better if you cover yourself decently infront of them even your hair if possible, as with the case nowadays, with men having change/bad intentions & where a father rapes her own daughter, so it just best to be decently covered infront of any man

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatulah wa barakatuhu dear sister

Dear sister, we should not try to change rullings in Islam although our intentions may be good, because if Allah subhan wa teala has allowed us to be uncovered infront of our father, brother, and other mahram persones it is because Alhadmulilah there is no any reason that we cover ourselfe infront of them,althugh we should wear decenty infront of them in diffrence of how we would dress infront of our own husband.:shymuslima1:

I know that you have good intentions dear sister, but I did not felt it is right that we hold that kind of opinion toward our own father, brother, uncle Astagfirullah. Although we know that in these days, there are every kind of people who are crossing all limits of evil Astagfirullah, we Muslims should be aweare of that Alhamdulillah, but never hold that kind of opinion toward our own father or brother.

And Allah knows the best.

I ask forgivness of Allah if I said anything wrong and I ask forgivness of you also dear sister.

May Allah bless you

Yaapin

Dear sister, we should not try to change rullings in Islam although our intentions may be good, because if Allah subhan wa teala has allowed us to be uncovered infront of our father, brother, and other mahram persones it is because Alhadmulilah there is no any reason that we cover ourselfe infront of them,althugh we should wear decenty infront of them in diffrence of how we would dress infront of our own husband.:shymuslima1:

Not at all, Your opinion is completely right & I'm not trying to change anything in the way of Allah & as ordained by Islam.... What I was trying to mention is, If we could possibly just wear decently even if infront of our fathers & mahram in the house... & I didn't mean to mention that our fathers have bad intentions towards us, I was just trying to alert that we be cautious of our dressing.

Like for instance, we may decide to wear sleeveless just bcz we are home & he is my father/ brother.. Is that right? Not at all... That was my way of explaining.. I hope you understand I wasn't exaggerating...

I am also apologising if I mentioned anything you felt offensive.

maryjo

I totally agree that a girl should always dress decently in front of dad or brothers, i for one am shy too wear a sleeveless shirt, or something short or tight when my dad or brothers home. I feel its of human nature like an instinct, even if its halal i wont do it. What baffles me even more is how a girl can wear a revealing dress to a wedding and have hundreds of people seejng her body!?!? And sit in front of her father or brother with half her bidy exposed?!?!

Nowadays one cant tell a muslim girl thats not mhajabi from a non-muslim girl, they dress the same- short and tight. Allah yustur 3alyna fawk alard w ta7t alard w yawm al3ard 3alay.

Yaapin

True!! These days. no one cares.. All that's in their heads is Fashion!! Fashion!! Fashion & Fashion!!! They feel backwards or left out in the society (old fashioned) unless they expose themselves to the new western trends!!!

Ameen, I pray Allah gives us all Hidaayat InshaAllah

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Not at all, Your opinion is completely right & I'm not trying to change anything in the way of Allah & as ordained by Islam.... What I was trying to mention is, If we could possibly just wear decently even if infront of our fathers & mahram in the house... & I didn't mean to mention that our fathers have bad intentions towards us, I was just trying to alert that we be cautious of our dressing.

Like for instance, we may decide to wear sleeveless just bcz we are home & he is my father/ brother.. Is that right? Not at all... That was my way of explaining.. I hope you understand I wasn't exaggerating...

I am also apologising if I mentioned anything you felt offensive.

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa baarakatuhu dear sister

Alhamdulillah dear sister that you do not wish to change the Law of Allah Astagfirullah,and neither I have even said. May Allah forgive me if you maybe did not understood my words or if I could not express my feelings well.

And Alhamdulillah I completely agree with you dear sister that we should aslo wear dicently infront of our father, brother or uncle and reason for that is our own hayaa( modesty) that we Muslimah should have and keep it always with us.

Alhadmulilah dear sister you did not offended me on any way, and I ask you to aslo forgive me if I said anything wrong to you.:tti_sister:

May Allah bless you

maryjo

To get back to topic of hair on face, its understood for the female but what about males? For example some men have really ugly facial hair all over the face. Is it haram for tgem to clean it up (like on cheek under eyes)? Also what about unibrows for men (eyebrows connected) some are very ugly and make a person look scary especially if they are thick- is it haram to minimize the hair in the middle? Most people look ok but a very few have this problem.