republic of lakotah

AndiRB

as-salamu alaikum,

I just came across this, little late, though, but I wanted to know what do you think of movements like this:

www.republicoflakotah.com

As there are many americans on this site I just wondered. I also thought of what might be an islamic view on this.

Inshallah, we will be free in jannah.

As-salamu alaikum,
Andrea

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Forgive me but I post on everything and I made reference to this on some post. As an American I have to say more power to them. It is the land of the People of the Tribal Nations...this land was stolen from them. I love it...they actually visited many embassies in DC to make diplomatic ties..they are a sovregin nation..

AndiRB

Sorry, I didn't see your post

I just really think it seems to be legal and out of justice is seems to be more than right.

And they have already got on Venezuelan news, too. That was the only "international" press they've got as far as I have seen until now.

Inshallah they find a way to become a sovereign republic. It hopefully changes something for the people living there. It is just so unbelievable for me to see so much poverty within one of the richest nations in the world.

Ma'a salama

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

The poverty is real. Just like Hollywood is an illusion so is America. If you have seen the movie Demolition Man this is Ameirca. They shut their eyes to reality.

AndiRB

Salaam,

The poverty is real. Just like Hollywood is an illusion so is America. If you have seen the movie Demolition Man this is Ameirca. They shut their eyes to reality.

Not only them. We in Europe also shut our eyes to what is happening in the world most of the time.

At least one can get around here in Europe due to social systems and so on (as long as you aren't illegal).

May Allah help us to be more just and to open our eyes.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Often I think of how to stop the poverty cycle. But, the bottom line is many benefit from others being poor. We can do little things but our only help is form Allah subhana talla.