Rifqa Bary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakeena

Asalam aalikum,

Ladies and gentlemen, is it a coincidence that a conservative Christian network wants to air a story on out Holiest month, Ramadan, about a girl running from her "Crazy Extreme Father" who wants to discipline her daughter? How many stories on Fox News were about the abuse and ridicule Muslim reverts get? Who are rejected by their own families and made as out casts. Is it a coincidence "Fox News", the most far right, racist, prejudiced "News" organization ever to come on the television is airing this story continuously, everyday on our Holy month?

Put and end to this: Do they tell how she was basically brain washed by some Christian groups she met off of the internet, barely touched on it, just of the so-called crazy father.

Fathima Rifqa Bary; you know what you're doing. It's beyond me why anyone would join the Christian cult, where Islam tells us of the earth being round, every living thing being from water, Islam tells us of the end of times in which we are in, exact to the word. End this nonsense. Christianity is a religion that tells you if you're raped- the rapist must pay your father Gold, and the rapist marries the raped. Is this a just religion? Unfortunately we are bombarded with anti-Islamic content every day, making people second guess their faith. Parents from the east, who do not understand west, so they simply yell and scream at their children and push them from the straight path.

Rifqa's public conflict with her family began in July 2009, when she ran away to Florida and accused her parents of threatening to kill her for leaving Islam. Her parents have denied wrongdoing, and authorities have not substantiated the accusations.

The case is to conclude next Tuesday on Rifqa's 18th birthday

I can't wait till a Christian girl runs away to convert to Islam. I can see the headlines already, "Christian Girl is Brainwashed by Muslim Extremists." However, there is always an exception for Christianity because in America it is the religion of the majority. Do you know that in airports, everyday thousands of innoc...ent Muslims are racially stereotyped because of their name and how they look? Even a famousIndian Bollywood movie star, Shah Rukh Khan, who happens to have a Muslim name was detained? Why? Because there is a racial stereotype that Muslim are the only religious radicals in this world. I'm not even Muslim and this makes me upset!

she was Christian for so long...and she was...then why run away all of a sudden? Her dad knew she carried a bible with her and all that jazz so why would he wait a ...couple years to threaten her with a so called honor killing? It doesnt add up in this case.

"The sad reality is that when our daughter's usefulness has been used for the political agenda of xenophobia and religious bigotry, when they have moved on to other ways of putting Islam and immigrants on trial, then they will not care about Rifqa Bary anymore," said the statement from Mohamed and Aysha Bary.

They also defended their attempts to require their daughter to complete 45 weeks of chemotherapy following successful surgery for uterine cancer this summer.

Doctors have told Bary she is cancer-free but say there is a high risk of cancer recurring without the treatment.

Bary's parents said that if their daughter Bary dies, "the responsibility will fall on her attorneys and all the religious fanatics encouraging her to ignore her doctor's orders."

Bary made her decision in consultation with her doctor and will continue medical checkups, Gatterdam said.

"I don't think it's fair to say she's given up treatment," he said. "That is not the case at all."

In Islam, yes, apostasy is the death penalty. However it is a ruling that is made by the Islamic Courts of Shar'iah and not done on an individual basis, hence there's no legal ruling in Islam allowing Shari'ah to be carried out in dar ul harb.

Is this fair?
Secularists: Isn't treason punishable by death? This is just betraying your country, not even your deep routed faith.

Christianity: 15:4 Mathew: For God said, 'Honor your father and mother' and 'Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.'

Judaism, Christianity (OT): Chronicles 15:13 All who would not seek the LORD, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman.

Honor killings are NOT Islamic--that being said, no religion allows slander or injustice either. Please stop this smear campaign against the Bary family and against Islam as a whole. If they were as intolerant and oppressive as she claims then she wouldnt be allowed to be a cheerleader and wear the things she does. There has to be something more to this story.

Islam teaches that Christians and Jews and Muslims are ALL "people of the book" and therefore righteous. Muslims also believe if you take a life it is as if you murdered all of humanity and you will be punished accordingly. MUSLIMS ARE NOT CRUEL BARBARIANS TRYING TO MURDER CHRISTIANS! We value the Torah and the Bible along with our own Holy Book. Furthermore, chapter 2 of the Quran states that religion is NOT compulsory---so we are not allowed to force anyone to believe in anything.

If this story had been a Christian kid converting to Islam the media wouldve spun it around in favor of the parents. Please show us a FRACTION of the tolerance and respect that you expect from us! Thank you and God bless you ALL!

So stop the hypocrisy.
Islam will prevail, regardless of this pathetic exploitation of a lost soul.

May Allah (AWJ) guide Fathima Rifqa Bary back to al-Haqq, and the rest of the world, ameen.

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
Wa'aleykum salaam,

Having a bit of a rant sis? Save your breath, they'll do what they want (all in vain ofcourse) make sure you do your thing (ibaadah in ramadhan).

Sakeena

Wa'aleykum salaam,

Having a bit of a rant sis? Save your breath, they'll do what they want (all in vain ofcourse) make sure you do your thing (ibaadah in ramadhan).

yep, I've been waiting for the outcome of this case since the broke out in the summer of 90'!!

Sakeena

Asalam alaikum everyone,

I don't understand. How come you brothers and sisters don't want to discuss this? If Rifqa was your own daughter, you would be heartbroken subhanAllah. Sure you can ignore it, but whenever someone claims that Islam is a violent religion or says something mean about Prophet Muhammad (peace be with him) you guys go nuts! Why should we pick and choose what we feel threatened towards us? Why should we decide to fight against one thing and not everything else? You may think that this is nothing and that it will go away, but you're wrong. This is serious!! Clearly this young woman will stop at nothing to demonize Islam and Muslims! We can't sit around and hope Allah (swt) will take care of it. We have to take a stand against the disbelievers inshallah!!! :girl3: I never thought the Muslims were so weak and ashamed to stand up against one person... :( I'm disappointed.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is the eve of Ramadan. I am getting ready to go to the masjid. For a few days we want to be on a higher level. We want to please our naf by pleasing Allah subhana talla.

After Eid, Insha'Allah I will rant and rave and scream and shout...sister...I will go 24/7/365..but now forgive me...I have Ramadan on my mind.

Sakeena

Assalaam walaikum,

It is the eve of Ramadan. I am getting ready to go to the masjid. For a few days we want to be on a higher level. We want to please our naf by pleasing Allah subhana talla.

After Eid, Insha'Allah I will rant and rave and scream and shout...sister...I will go 24/7/365..but now forgive me...I have Ramadan on my mind.

Aww Ramadan :hearts: hey sis what's for dinner tomorrow? :girl3: My mom said I can come to your house for Ramadan...and Eid...and Thanksgiving...and the winter break...and New Years...lol :SMILY288:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Tomorrow, Insha'Allah I will have a few dates, some fruit, a few meat patties for iftar.

After Margrib..I might make some goat curry with rice.

You and everyone at TTI is welcome to my humble abode.

Sakeena

Assalaam walaikum,

Tomorrow, Insha'Allah I will have a few dates, some fruit, a few meat patties for iftar.

After Margrib..I might make some goat curry with rice.

You and everyone at TTI is welcome to my humble abode.

YAY! What about Rifqa? Can she come too? :SMILY149: lol

Gernada1492

A Muslim
hmm.. this story hasnt been much publicized untill i have read it here. nice work little sister.

Kufar as still same old Kufar. Muslims have changed .. we have indeed changed

Shame on Us for not supporting her

Whats the update about her case?

Sakeena

hmm.. this story hasnt been much publicized untill i have read it here. nice work little sister.

Kufar as still same old Kufar. Muslims have changed .. we have indeed changed

Shame on Us for not supporting her

Whats the update about her case?

thanks!! :shymuslima1: :ma: hehe
you can read just google it, she turned 18, now she's an illegal immigrant from sri lanka. gtg home now salaam!

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

What brother moderatemuslim has said is correct, I previously deleted a topic on this thread because I did not believe it was befitting of the TTI goal and atmosphere. Below is what was mentioned on the matter:

The reason for the deletion of the thread was that it is not appropriate to the TTI environment. You see our site is titled "Turn TO Islam" not those who turn away from it.

We have to learn to filter certain news... when on this site we wish to encourage non-Muslims to look into Islaam, as well as foster discussion amongst those who are already Muslim. However in doing so we have to find what brings the most benefit. The Messenger of Allaah :saw: said clearly in a hadeeth (to the general meaning) "Speak good or remain silent"

In this case, silence on this matter is preferable to discussion. Yes we make du'a for this girl, but I don't want TTI to become a place where we host such articles, especially since these same articles are the ones used in Anti-Islaamic websites. I hope you understand where I am coming from, May Allaah reward you for your concern and do please keep making dua'a for her but in this case I don't think it is a good article on TTI.

We know Islaam is the truth, but not everyone may know this. To those who come to our site we wish to present this side of truth, not the side of propoganda, false news, and Muslims who clearly don't represent Islaam! Especially not in this time when the Month of Ramadaan is here, I do not wish to have this sort of discussion on TTI.

Please my brothers and sisters spend this time wisely for the sake of Allaah, and try not to get involved in the affairs of the ignorant and misguided. Make du'a for the rectification of our Ummah and the guidance of our hearts to the good.

May Allaah bless you all in this month and thereafter!

Thread closed.

wasalam

Status
Not open for further replies.