roasry?

allahsservant

beautifl muslimah
is it alright to use a rosary and cut off the cross as a makeshift masabah?or if not, how do i use my hands? the reason why i cant get a masabh or order one is because i dont have a Pay Pal and my family doesnt want anything to do with Islam....:blackhijab: :muslim_child:

umm hussain

each finger is 'divided' into 3 parts almost, the lines which 'divide' the tip of the finger, the bottom and the middle. On each finger you count 3 times or rather if it is subhanallah for example you are reciting, then you say it 3 times using the 'divisions' on your fingers, so 3times 5 fingers on each hand will be 15 times and repeat the process till you count to the number you require.

I hope this makes sense.

umm hussain

Just for the benefit of others a rosary are beads on a string used by catholics to help count when they are saying their prayers. Which is what some reverts ask as to why we need something that looks like a rosary minus the cross in Islam. I remember I went with another revert sister to a book store and they were selling those and she said she did not like them for that reason.

abdul Qadir

remember death
:salam2:

as for me i use ma fingers .... the 3 lines and the tip of the finger makes 4 counts right? and with the help of ma left hand, i use it to guide me how many times i counted i.e one finger on the right hand = 4 counts mutiply by the 5 fingers on the left = 20 right? so i count one finger 20 time and when finish counting all the tingers and thumb on the right hand that will give you 100 .... it kinda hard to put it in word i hope it makes sense

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
is it alright to use a rosary and cut off the cross as a makeshift masabah?or if not, how do i use my hands? the reason why i cant get a masabh or order one is because i dont have a Pay Pal and my family doesnt want anything to do with Islam....:blackhijab: :muslim_child:

You can buy some necklace with artificial beads if you can and use it as rosary. Or just buy beads and make yourself.

Wassalam,
VE