Roger Federer makes Grand Slam history with epic Wimbledon triumph!!!!

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Federer beats Roddick for record 15th Grand Slam​

fed.jpg

b_feder_afp.jpg

LONDON (AFP) - Roger Federer made history on Sunday when he defeated brave Andy Roddick 5-7, 7-6 (8/6), 7-6 (7/5), 3-6, 16-14 to win a sixth Wimbledon title and claim a record 15th Grand Slam crown in a classic final.

But the 27-year-old Swiss second seed was given a huge fright by the American sixth seed who led by a set, had four set points in the second and didn't drop serve until the final, heartbreaking game of the match.

In an extraordinary conclusion, the deciding set was, at 95 minutes, the longest ever played in a men's Wimbledon final and was longer than it took the Williams sisters to contest the women's final on Saturday.

Federer now has six Wimbledon titles, five US Opens, three Australian Opens and a French Open trophy, and has surpassed Pete Sampras's mark of 14 majors.

He will also reclaim his world number one spot from Rafael Nadal, who beat him in a five-set final here last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Andy (Roddick) played an unbelievable tournament. He's a great guy but there has to be a winner sometimes," said Federer after the 4hr 16min final.

"I didn't hold the trophy last year. But it feels great after such a crazy match which could have gone on for a few more hours. My head is still spinning.

"Getting 15 Grand Slam titles is not something you dream about when you are a little boy, but I've had a great career.

"It's been quite a month winning the French Open and Wimbledon back-to-back just like Bjorn Borg did.

"I don't play to break records but it's great to have them."

Roddick, who has now lost three Wimbledon finals to Federer, was in tears at the end of the match.

"Roger is a true champion and he deserves all he gets," said Roddick.

"I hope to come back one day and get my name up on that winners' board."

When asked later if he had just lost to the greatest player of all time, Roddick replied: "Yes."

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
Selam alejkum
Congrats for Roger.I think he is the best tennis player ever.
About final it was a really good game.And Roddick is one of
the best players of this time but Roger played quietly and
I think this is so important for a player.However thank you
so much for this post sister Asja.I wish you all the best.
Selam alejkum

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
who gives a damn....in the end we muslims are still losing while they mmake money and laugh.....
Selam alejkum
Bravo brother.According to you we muslims must not watch sport or not?
Can you tell me that a young muslim like me, it's better to look sport (for
example football ,tennis etc.) or it's better to look something wich is present
on the TV usually like music,mouvies or serial which are not educational for me.
Brother keep it in your mind -Sport is the best think that we can watch on TV-.
I'll be waiting your response, wich is better to you the first one or second one?
I hope you understand me, we selam alejkum

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Selam alejkum
Congrats for Roger.I think he is the best tennis player ever.
About final it was a really good game.And Roddick is one of
the best players of this time but Roger played quietly and
I think this is so important for a player.However thank you
so much for this post sister Asja.I wish you all the best.
Selam alejkum

Allaicum saalam dear brother Drimi.

Inshallah you are fine dear brother.Jazzak Allah khair for your reply.

It was indeed great match Mashallah.To be honest I did not expect that Roddic will play so well against Fededer in Finals, but they both done great job,and we all enyoy in thier game.Federer deserved to win,Mashallah.

May Allah reword you too brother with all the best.Ameen.:tti_sister:

:wasalam:

yasmin7791

as much as i admire federer i rally o hope nadal fixes that kneww and triumphs hes the next federer sampras ect ect

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
who gives a damn....in the end we muslims are still losing while they mmake money and laugh.....

I agree I wanna say this firstly to myself and all of you dear brothers and sisters so dont take it harshly inshaAllah

its sad how muslims follow up their favourite players of sports and waste time with TV in the first time I am all for educational programmes but what do you get from a tennis match but silence and odd occasional cheers... i believe the best way muslims can engage in their time is with productive things that benefit ones akhirah.. i know its all words coming from me but if we all learn to think is this truly going to help me on the day of judgment or will it just tip my bad deeds heavier......

A muslims life is all encompassing so we dont need to compromise on watching TV with option 1 or 2 how about option 3 learn Quran listen to lectures boost your emaan, Learning Quran at the mosque a few verses is better than the best transport out there (in the prophets (pbuh) days it was red camels) so just imagine the reward of reading or learning some new verses in the house of Allah compared to watching some grown men in shorts grunting and getting paid riba money which we shouldnt congratulate its an evil way to make money we should feel sorry for them how will they stand on judgment day before Allah???

Its time for muslims to wake up and stop being brainwashed by sports and TV May Allah guide us all and forgive me if i have said anything wrong or hurtful to anyone Ameen :tti_sister:

Again i apologise if i offended or hurt anyone with my words it was not my intention its just sad to see muslims the best of all nations waste away in front of the devil box :astag: what a pity may Allah guide us all :tti_sister:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
I agree I wanna say this firstly to myself and all of you dear brothers and sisters so dont take it harshly inshaAllah

its sad how muslims follow up their favourite players of sports and waste time with TV in the first time I am all for educational programmes but what do you get from a tennis match but silence and odd occasional cheers... i believe the best way muslims can engage in their time is with productive things that benefit ones akhirah.. i know its all words coming from me but if we all learn to think is this truly going to help me on the day of judgment or will it just tip my bad deeds heavier......

A muslims life is all encompassing so we dont need to compromise on watching TV with option 1 or 2 how about option 3 learn Quran listen to lectures boost your emaan, Learning Quran at the mosque a few verses is better than the best transport out there (in the prophets (pbuh) days it was red camels) so just imagine the reward of reading or learning some new verses in the house of Allah compared to watching some grown men in shorts grunting and getting paid riba money which we shouldnt congratulate its an evil way to make money we should feel sorry for them how will they stand on judgment day before Allah???

Its time for muslims to wake up and stop being brainwashed by sports and TV May Allah guide us all and forgive me if i have said anything wrong or hurtful to anyone Ameen :tti_sister:

Again i apologise if i offended or hurt anyone with my words it was not my intention its just sad to see muslims the best of all nations waste away in front of the devil box :astag: what a pity may Allah guide us all :tti_sister:

Wa Allaicumu Salam wa rahmettulah wa barakatuhu

May Allahs mercy be upon our Ummah.Ameen

Dear sister you should try to understand that doing sport and watching sport(offcorse not all like for example swimming) is not only alowed but it is also recomended for our health. If you ask your personal doctor what you should do InShallah you will see what she will tell you about sport and its affects not only on physical but also on psyche state of every individual.

If I can ask you dear sister. Did our beloved Prphet Mohammed s.a.w.s and Muslims that lived in his time, were they doing sport??? Yes they did Allhamdullilah. From this you can see that doing and watching sport is not vasteing time Allhamdullilah. If you organise your time well, you wil find time to read Quran and to listen lectures, you wil find time to be best student on your college, you will find time to go to mosque. you will find times for your hobbies. But if you do not than you will for sure have negative resolts on your side.

It is time for Muslims to weak up indead. It is aloowed for us Allhamdullilah to take from others what is good like for example these excelents resolts in tenis that Roger Federe has made. We should encourage ourselves to be best in sport too, sience etc., or atleaset good. I do not know dear sister did you watc last Olimpic games, becouse if you did you would see our Muslim sister in hijab being part of them. Do you know who is the last World champion in seated volleyball??? If you do than you will se that in Muslim world sport is not "vaste of time" rather is "goal" that should be accomplished InshAllah.

While watching tennis we do not watch in "man in short" Asstagfirullah, we watch the game Allhamdullilah. If you only knew how much efforts it takes to be number 1 not only in tennis but in other field too you would think twice bfore bringing your final judgment. Roger Federe is helping and feeding so many children over the world and when it comes to poverty world should stand UNITED no metter on differences between us. After all we all live on the same planet so we should try to adapt ourselves InsHallah.

I agree that TV can be "evil book" , so does facebook, myspace... if we do not use it on the right way.

I pray to Allah to guide us all and save us from ignorancy becouse indead ignorancy is one of our greatest enemys.

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Wa Allaicumu Salam wa rahmettulah wa barakatuhu

May Allahs mercy be upon our Ummah.Ameen

Dear sister you should try to understand that doing sport and watching sport(offcorse not all like for example swimming) is not only alowed but it is also recomended for our health. If you ask your personal doctor what you should do InShallah you will see what she will tell you about sport and its affects not only on physical but also on psyche state of every individual.

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatu sister,,
I agree with you that doing exercise has many benefits but watching sports what benefits does that bring it certainly does not bring physical benefits???? i agree that everyone should exercise but watching is totally different from doing the actual exercise...

If I can ask you dear sister. Did our beloved Prphet Mohammed s.a.w.s and Muslims that lived in his time, were they doing sport??? Yes they did Allhamdullilah. From this you can see that doing and watching sport is not vasteing time Allhamdullilah. If you organise your time well, you wil find time to read Quran and to listen lectures, you wil find time to be best student on your college, you will find time to go to mosque. you will find times for your hobbies. But if you do not than you will for sure have negative resolts on your side.

Did our beloved Prophet sit and watch sports and long games that go on for a long series of time i dont think so the Prophet (saw) exercised his body in jihad, horse riding, running with Aisha (RA) this is not the same as watching a game on tv now is it ? i agree its everyones personal choice to do what they want with their free time, now what i know from these long tennis games is it goes on for long so if you have time to organise for watching a 3 hr game wouldnt you be able to do soo much more good deeds in that time, no time is free its all from Allah as a gift to see how we use our time sometimes wisely sometimes not? :astag:

It is time for Muslims to weak up indead. It is aloowed for us Allhamdullilah to take from others what is good like for example these excelents resolts in tenis that Roger Federe has made. We should encourage ourselves to be best in sport too, sience etc., or atleaset good. I do not know dear sister did you watc last Olimpic games, becouse if you did you would see our Muslim sister in hijab being part of them. Do you know who is the last World champion in seated volleyball??? If you do than you will se that in Muslim world sport is not "vaste of time" rather is "goal" that should be accomplished InshAllah.

So its ok to take the example of a kuffar man who is good at sport but yet soo many muslims neglect the best of examples for all of mankind The Prophet Muhammad (saw) how will we stand on the day of judgement with our Prophet, when we follow an example of other than him subhanaAllah, we shouldnt take an example of these people who just do their hobby on tv and get awarded we should look at all the charity givers and the muslims who feed the poor wheres their medal?? and if your watching muslim doing sport is suporting them thats up to u i dont like watching sports much but my family does it annoys me so sorry if i toke it out on here lool

While watching tennis we do not watch in "man in short" Asstagfirullah, we watch the game Allhamdullilah. If you only knew how much efforts it takes to be number 1 not only in tennis but in other field too you would think twice bfore bringing your final judgment. Roger Federe is helping and feeding so many children over the world and when it comes to poverty world should stand UNITED no metter on differences between us. After all we all live on the same planet so we should try to adapt ourselves InsHallah.

Sister it doesnt change the fact that these men are wearing shorts and sister shouldnt watch that our eyes will testify against us regardless of it being just a sport, this man may feed poor and do his bit but so do muslims and this man is not muslim so we shouldnt stand united with the kuffars who make money from sponors who may be killing our brothers and sisters else where do you think where his money comes from,,, all the designer makes which are zionist you really want to stand united with them??? against your brothers and sisters, as muslims i believe we shouldnt adapt ourselves to lower our standards for others we are the greatest of nations for a reason we have imaan and we have better yet we act like we have the short straw why????:astag:

I agree that TV can be "evil book" , so does facebook, myspace... if we do not use it on the right way.

I pray to Allah to guide us all and save us from ignorancy becouse indead ignorancy is one of our greatest enemys.

Ameen wa iyak sister

Please dont take my words in offence or bad way please:shymuslima1:

I love you for the sake of Allah my dear sister :hijabi:

:salam2:

Selam alejkum
Bravo brother.According to you we muslims must not watch sport or not?
Can you tell me that a young muslim like me, it's better to look sport (for
example football ,tennis etc.) or it's better to look something wich is present
on the TV usually like music,mouvies or serial which are not educational for me.
Brother keep it in your mind -Sport is the best think that we can watch on TV-.
I'll be waiting your response, wich is better to you the first one or second one?
I hope you understand me, we selam alejkum

http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/11/study-unhappy-p.html

they dont watch any of our sports and we always watch their sports...why???.....cause colonial rule never ended ..we r still their (-) slaves!

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
Selam alejkum
First of all I agree with sister Asja and I want add something.
1.I give there just two options not anymore.(I mean every person
has his free time and he spend it in different ways,but you must
spend it in hallall.OK)
2.I don't like and support no one in sport if he's not muslim
but if he's muslim of course I'm with him.
3.I don't spend a lot of time looking sport but playing football more
I mean now these days I with my friends after Asr salat(praying)
we play football till Magrib salat.However do you have any argument
from Kur'an or any Hadeeth which is against sport.
As sister Asja said if you organize your life you'll have enough time
for all.You know we live in modern time and thing which rasulullahi savs.
and sahabs have practised maybe it's impossible to do today.
Selam alejkum

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Did our beloved Prophet sit and watch sports and long games that go on for a long series of time i dont think so the Prophet (saw) exercised his body in jihad, horse riding, running with Aisha (RA) this is not the same as watching a game on tv now is it ? i agree its everyones personal choice to do what they want with their free time, now what i know from these long tennis games is it goes on for long so if you have time to organise for watching a 3 hr game wouldnt you be able to do soo much more good deeds in that time, no time is free its all from Allah as a gift to see how we use our time sometimes wisely sometimes not? :astag:[/COLOR]

Wa Allaicumu saalam my raahmatullah wa baaraktuhu my dear sister.

Do not worry sister,wallahi you did not said anything wroing and please forgive me and may Allah forgive me too if I said anything wrong.

Yes dear sister Alhamdulillah our Prophet mohammed s.a.w.s was doing sports and hazrat Aisha too Mashallah but I remember aslo one haadith where Prophet s.a.w.s. has been watching sport exactly dancing of some man.He was sitting with hazrat Aisha and she wanted to watch how they dance too,so our Prophet lifted down his shoulder so hazrat Aisha r.a. can watch it too.and it is only one of examples.

So its ok to take the example of a kuffar man who is good at sport but yet soo many muslims neglect the best of examples for all of mankind The Prophet Muhammad (saw) how will we stand on the day of judgement with our Prophet, when we follow an example of other than him subhanaAllah, we shouldnt take an example of these people who just do their hobby on tv and get awarded we should look at all the charity givers and the muslims who feed the poor wheres their medal?? and if your watching muslim doing sport is suporting them thats up to u i dont like watching sports much but my family does it annoys me so sorry if i toke it out on here lool
Dear sister Alhadmulillah that our Prophet s.a.w.s is our best example in our charecter and behaviour and offcourse that we should take him like our example,but I say for Muslim man for example Roger Federer can be example in tennis,as I told you before that we Muslim should try to be best in everything.Inshallah with Allahs help.

Sister it doesnt change the fact that these men are wearing shorts and sister shouldnt watch that our eyes will testify against us regardless of it being just a sport, this man may feed poor and do his bit but so do muslims and this man is not muslim so we shouldnt stand united with the kuffars who make money from sponors who may be killing our brothers and sisters else where do you think where his money comes from,,, all the designer makes which are zionist you really want to stand united with them??? against your brothers and sisters, as muslims i believe we shouldnt adapt ourselves to lower our standards for others we are the greatest of nations for a reason we have imaan and we have better yet we act like we have the short straw why????:astag:.

No dear sister..:astag: I do not watch any sports on TV becasue there is a loot of man :shymuslima1:,but I have been watching tennis becasue I think it is nice sport and elegant.For example we watch Islamic lectures on TV and there is also a man,or for example in our College,on street or anywhere.But Alahdmulillah it is imporante that we keep our faith.

I hope Inhsallah you understand me sister
I love you for the sake of Allah my dear sister :hijabi:

I Love you too dear sister for the sake of Allah.

May Allah bless you:tti_sister:

:salam2

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Dear sister Alhadmulillah that our Prophet s.a.w.s is our best example in our charecter and behaviour and offcourse that we should take him like our example,but I say for Muslim man for example Roger Federer can be example in tennis,as I told you before that we Muslim should try to be best in everything.Inshallah with Allahs help.

What exactly can a muslim man learn from Roger Federer ?

Unless you are a tennis player and want to learn to technique and other aspects of the sports, there is no point in watching for sake of learning.

The aspects of charity etc. We have to learn from the best. That is from the Prophet (pbuh) and the sahaba. The best of people. And there are many muslim brothers who do so much for fellow Muslim brothers and sisters. However their names dont come in the media coz Masha'Allah they do it for the sake of Allah swt.
We dont really know the intention of a non-believer when he is giving charity. And unless he doesnt become a Muslim and do charity for the sake of Allah swt. It is not accepted from him. Even a charity done by a Muslim in order to showoff etc isnt accepted as a form of good deed.

No dear sister..:astag: I do not watch any sports on TV becasue there is a loot of man :shymuslima1:,but I have been watching tennis becasue I think it is nice sport and elegant.For example we watch Islamic lectures on TV and there is also a man,or for example in our College,on street or anywhere.But Alahdmulillah it is imporante that we keep our faith.

Sister, you dont watch the television because there are lot of men. But you watch a sport in which men are dressed inappropriately ? Also there are a lot of crowd shots in which men and women are dressed inappropriately.

And sister, the brother/Shaykh you watch in Islamic Lectures are dressed modestly most of the time. They are most of the time not even wearing western clothes.

Also there are many things that interest us in this life, but if they don't comply with Islam then we can't hold on to them, no matter how dear they are to us. I can understand that watching tennis is elegant and its a nice one for you. But maybe Insha'Allah you can find something that is equally interesting for you and complies with Islam.

I hope I havent offended you. You replied to sister Muslim_18, I hope it is okay for me to express my thoughts too. :)

May Allah swt guide us all. Ameen.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Yes dear sister Alhamdulillah our Prophet mohammed s.a.w.s was doing sports and hazrat Aisha too Mashallah but I remember aslo one haadith where Prophet s.a.w.s. has been watching sport exactly dancing of some man.He was sitting with hazrat Aisha and she wanted to watch how they dance too,so our Prophet lifted down his shoulder so hazrat Aisha r.a. can watch it too.and it is only one of examples.

This caught my attention. I dont think the Prophet (pbuh) would approve of a vile thing like men dancing. I would like to view that Hadith.

My memory isnt very sharp. But I think what you are referring to was actually Archery competition that Aisha (ra) watched from behind Prophet (pbuh).

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

This caught my attention. I dont think the Prophet (pbuh) would approve of a vile thing like men dancing. I would like to view that Hadith.

My memory isnt very sharp. But I think what you are referring to was actually Archery competition that Aisha (ra) watched from behind Prophet (pbuh).

Yes i heard this hadith, yes its true but i cant remember if they were playing with spears or dancing i think it was more like showing their techniques and strength in fighting this is ok as the Prophet did it but sister ajsa what i am against is when muslims watch these people and make them their hero instead of the Prophet and the sahaba ??? they know the players names and how much medals they win yet we can not name the Prophet's (saw) lineage or his sahaba we forget the best of people that hold so much benefit for these over pampered and over paid players, yes roger may be good at his sport but so what ??? there are more important things to life and i know it may sound harsh but its true our purpose in life is to worship Allah and follow the Prophet (saw) not get deluded by the elegance of the kuffar and how they play so good........we as muslims should always see the bigger picture and the bigger picture is worshiping Allah and getting to Jannah inshaAllah and there we can find the best of enjoyment and fulfillment inshaAllah

Thats the difference between the sahaba and us all, they raced for the pleasure of Allah and the rewards and enjoyment of the next life not the play and amusement of this life, and their entire life represented that, they may have watched wrestling or sports among eachother but they knew the true value of time and the real enjoyment for them was in seeking Allah's pleasure
so my problem with these things is not that they are haram i dont claim to make something halal , haram but i just feel when it makes and consumes most of your time thats when its a problem ........

Hope you understood my point sis:hijabi:

Wa alaykumu salam

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Selam alejkum
First of all I agree with sister Asja and I want add something.
1.I give there just two options not anymore.(I mean every person
has his free time and he spend it in different ways,but you must
spend it in hallall.OK)
2.I don't like and support no one in sport if he's not muslim
but if he's muslim of course I'm with him.
3.I don't spend a lot of time looking sport but playing football more
I mean now these days I with my friends after Asr salat(praying)
we play football till Magrib salat.However do you have any argument
from Kur'an or any Hadeeth which is against sport.
As sister Asja said if you organize your life you'll have enough time
for all.You know we live in modern time and thing which rasulullahi savs.
and sahabs have practised maybe it's impossible to do today.
Selam alejkum

I am not trying to say it is haraam maybe you misunderstood me brother, i agree it shouldnt take up all your time my problem is with the people who make their day around this event in sport like they leave salah and concentrate on these sports which is wrong, i agree if you organise your time its better but whats best to do with your time thats a personal choice and thats up to them but the Prophet and sahaba should be an example not these sports people you agree

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

What exactly can a muslim man learn from Roger Federer ?

Unless you are a tennis player and want to learn to technique and other aspects of the sports, there is no point in watching for sake of learning.

Allaicumu Salam dear brother

Wallahi you can learn from Roger Federer a loot Allhamdullilah and it is not haram for you too learn from him. You can learn how much effort and patiante are importante in everything that we do, and you can also learn that we should always try to improve ourselves. If you fall down, just like for example if you lose a tennis match, it is never late for you to get up and give your best again. Yes Allhamdullilah I do play tennis not profesionaly but like my hobbi and I want to learn as much as I can Allhamdullilah. Becouse it is elegant sport and it is perfect for sisters Allhamdullilah.

The aspects of charity etc. We have to learn from the best. That is from the Prophet (pbuh) and the sahaba. The best of people. And there are many muslim brothers who do so much for fellow Muslim brothers and sisters. However their names dont come in the media coz Masha'Allah they do it for the sake of Allah swt.

Alhhamdullilah that we should learn from our Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s and we are learning with Allahs help but that does not mean that we can not learn from others too. We need to see good things in people and not look only that what is wrong in them. I hope you do understand me dear brother. Alhamdullilah for the good things that Roger Federer is doing and may Allah guide him becouse He SubhanAllah guides whom He wants Allhamdulilah. You must not forget that there are also good Christians and good Jewshis too, there are not all the same and may Allah guide them.

We dont really know the intention of a non-believer when he is giving charity. And unless he doesnt become a Muslim and do charity for the sake of Allah swt. It is not accepted from him. Even a charity done by a Muslim in order to showoff etc isnt accepted as a form of good deed.

Exactly dear brother. And becouse you do not know his intentions you should not judge him. And you also do not know brother will his charity be accepted. Even if it does not be accepted he did brought smile on childrens face atleast for a moment.

Sister, you dont watch the television because there are lot of men. But you watch a sport in which men are dressed inappropriately ? Also there are a lot of crowd shots in which men and women are dressed inappropriately.

Dear brother you have misunderstood me. I do watch television Allhamdullilah like Islamic Chanels(and other things that are alowed), news etc but I do not watch every sport for already known reason. I watch tennins and only on game is what I pay attention Allhamdullilah. And "crowd" that came to watch tennis match is sitting all the time and only what you can see are their hads Allhamdullilah. And Allah does not love those who over react.

And sister, the brother/Shaykh you watch in Islamic Lectures are dressed modestly most of the time. They are most of the time not even wearing western clothes.

Yes they are Allhamdullilah.

Also there are many things that interest us in this life, but if they don't comply with Islam then we can't hold on to them, no matter how dear they are to us. I can understand that watching tennis is elegant and its a nice one for you. But maybe Insha'Allah you can find something that is equally interesting for you and complies with Islam.

Brother playing tennis is not against Islamic rules and it is alowed for us to play tennis Allhamdullilah and to do oter sports too.

I hope I havent offended you. You replied to sister Muslim_18, I hope it is okay for me to express my thoughts too. :)

Allhamdullilah that Islam supports liberty os speach.

May Allah swt guide us all. Ameen.

Ameen

Jazzak Allah khair for your reply and opinion.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Yes i heard this hadith, yes its true but i cant remember if they were playing with spears or dancing i think it was more like showing their techniques and strength in fighting this is ok as the Prophet did it but sister ajsa what i am against is when muslims watch these people and make them their hero instead of the Prophet and the sahaba ??? they know the players names and how much medals they win yet we can not name the Prophet's (saw) lineage or his sahaba we forget the best of people that hold so much benefit for these over pampered and over paid players, yes roger may be good at his sport but so what ??? there are more important things to life and i know it may sound harsh but its true our purpose in life is to worship Allah and follow the Prophet (saw) not get deluded by the elegance of the kuffar and how they play so good........we as muslims should always see the bigger picture and the bigger picture is worshiping Allah and getting to Jannah inshaAllah and there we can find the best of enjoyment and fulfillment inshaAllah

Thats the difference between the sahaba and us all, they raced for the pleasure of Allah and the rewards and enjoyment of the next life not the play and amusement of this life, and their entire life represented that, they may have watched wrestling or sports among eachother but they knew the true value of time and the real enjoyment for them was in seeking Allah's pleasure
so my problem with these things is not that they are haram i dont claim to make something halal , haram but i just feel when it makes and consumes most of your time thats when its a problem ........

Hope you understood my point sis:hijabi:

Wa alaykumu salam

Dear sister like I said before,we can organise out time well Alhamdulillah,and with that we are not wasting our time.
For example I remember sister that you said that you are member on facebook,and my opinion is that is wasting our time and it is place full of fitnah and Allah knows the best. I am not member there,neither I will be Inshallah because I think it is wasting time and beside that it is place full of fitnah. It will be the same sister if we would say,those who are on facebook are wasting thier time and they do not have time to learn Islaam.Please do not misuunderstood me sister and forgive me if I said something wrong.:tti_sister:

Alhamdulillah,every Muslim can find time for himselfe but also time to Learn Quran and Sunnah and what is the most importante to apply it and practise in our daily life,becasue on the end we will all be ask only for our deeds,and Alahdmulillah the wish of every Muslim is to gain pleasure of Allah subahn we teala,Inhsallah.We have example of our Prophet s.a.w.s,Asaabahs,his noble family whos fath was a live and it can be felt in every moment so all other around them could feel it too,becasue knowlodge without usefull deed is nothing,it is even dangerous.We should try to gain as much as knowdge us we can,but the question is when we will strat practising that what we have learned Inshallah,but that it be seen in every our thought,word and deed?!!

Offcourse sister that is wrong that Muslims take some idols for themselves and I agree with you.But still everything that is good and haalal we should appreciate it.For example if Muslim was one the place of Roger Feder we all would be proud on him because he is Muslim,so it is not wrong to say Wallahi if some Non Muslim is good at sport and if we apprecaite it,but offcourse it would be wrong if Muslim would take them like thier heros becasue it is wrong.

I hope you understand me sister,Inshallah.:tti_sister:

May Allah bless you

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

I dont think you understood my point i have left facebook so i dont waste my time there alhamdulilah and it is not the same as watching a 3hr game...

My whole point i will summarize inshaAllah: -

1. Players shouldnt be taken as idols or role models (because in Islam we have greater role models that our youth are forgetting)

2. It may waste the time of someone who watches it too much (you may organise your time but there is soo much more to be done- the youth lose the value of time when watching too much sport)

3. If you give up something you love and like for the sake of Allah (games,tv), He will replace it with better pleasures inshaAllah

4. Becoming fans and idolising these people may lead to shirk and elevating their status just because they hold a talent so we have to be careful inshaAllah.

5. It may cause fitnah for sisters and brothers that watch the other gender playing sports, the women and the men are not dressed properly and becoming insensitive to watching these things makes blackness grow over the heart.

I hope you understood my points, I ask Allah to keep us all from evil of ourselves and the evil of shaytan and forgive us all if we have said wrong and guide us towards His pleasure and His rewards Ameen :tti_sister:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

I dont think you understood my point i have left facebook so i dont waste my time there alhamdulilah and it is not the same as watching a 3hr game...

My whole point i will summarize inshaAllah: -

1. Players shouldnt be taken as idols or role models (because in Islam we have greater role models that our youth are forgetting)

2. It may waste the time of someone who watches it too much (you may organise your time but there is soo much more to be done- the youth lose the value of time when watching too much sport)

3. If you give up something you love and like for the sake of Allah (games,tv), He will replace it with better pleasures inshaAllah

4. Becoming fans and idolising these people may lead to shirk and elevating their status just because they hold a talent so we have to be careful inshaAllah.

5. It may cause fitnah for sisters and brothers that watch the other gender playing sports, the women and the men are not dressed properly and becoming insensitive to watching these things makes blackness grow over the heart.

I hope you understood my points, I ask Allah to keep us all from evil of ourselves and the evil of shaytan and forgive us all if we have said wrong and guide us towards His pleasure and His rewards Ameen :tti_sister:

Allaicumu Salam

Dear sister I think you did not understand my point of view although I have been very clear while explaning it. InshAllah please read my previous posts and try to understand what I have said in them.

Nobody is takeing noone like role models or idols Asstagfiruulah when we all know rullilng about it.

I repeat once again if you organise your time well then you will not vaste it.

I hope that now we can put fullstop on this discussion dear sister as I think that there is no any use in it. Wallahi I am sorry if you misuderstood me:shymuslima1:,and Ameen for your duas.

May Allah bless you and our Ummah. Ameen