Rules about doubt in prayer

majormuss

Assalamu Alaikum,
I just wanted to know what the rulings are, regarding doubts in salaat about how many rakat one has prayed. How the doubt should be addressed. I have vague memories about what to do once I doubt whether I have prayed more/less than I am supposed to. Thank you

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
:bismillah1:
Walaikumassalaam wa re wa barakatuhu

In case you have doubt about how many rakats you have prayed in your salah akhi, then continue from the number of rakats you are certain off. For example. During prayer, I get confused whether I am in my 3rd or 4th rakat, but I am sure that I have finished my 2 rakats, then carry on from 2 and do 2 more rakat to make it up to 4 rakat.

One of the beauty of Islam is that everything goes on certainty. Nothing on doubts. Alhamdulilah.

If am wrong please do correct me. :)

Peace

candy candy

very true...
this is the best and the most beautiful thing about Islam that it gives a lot of easiness towards everything....SubhanAllah

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
It was narrated that 'Abdullah said:
"The Messenger of Allah (
sallallahu_alaihi_wa_sallam.png
) prayed and did more or less (rak'ahs). When he had said the salam we said: 'O Messenger of Allah (
sallallahu_alaihi_wa_sallam.png
), has there been some change concerning the prayer?' He said: 'Why are you asking?' So we told him what he had done. He turned back toward the Qiblah and prostrated two prostrations of forgetfulness, then he turned to face us and said: 'If there had been some change concerning the prayer I would have told you.' Then he said: 'Rather I am a human being and I forget as you forget. If any one of you is not sure about his prayer, let him estimate what he thinks is correct, and complete his prayer on that basis, then say the taslim and prostrate two prostrations of forgetfulness.'"

Reference : Sunan an-Nasa'i 1243
In-book reference : Book 13, Hadith 65
English translation : Vol. 2, Book 13, Hadith 1244