Rulings on Celebrating Eid for different time zones.

kolimuddin

:salam2:

My brothers and sisters , I am having a huge debate with my brother and his friends (a group of Islamic members) with regards to celebrating EID for different time zones. My brother and his friends claim that we should celebrate our EID with MAKKAH. This was something that i did not put ponder upon until i was given points about how during the times of Khilafah EID used to be celebrated throughtout on that single day. Secondly I was told how due to nationalism countries have chosen to celebrate Eid on respective days and what not. I mentioned to him about the moon sighting and the relevance of celebrating but he stated that if one of the community finds the blessed moon , the countries ALL OVER the world rejoice in Eid the next day.

I am very frustrated and confused , i am doing my own research and would appreciate if my fellow brothers and sisters in Islam would recommend anything from it. Jazak'ALLAH

I need relevant reference and evidence because the Group who has such claims is NUMEROUS in number. So its very important that the right thing is done.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer

My brothers and sisters , I am having a huge debate with my brother and his friends (a group of Islamic members) with regards to celebrating EID for different time zones. My brother and his friends claim that we should celebrate our EID with MAKKAH. This was something that i did not put ponder upon until i was given points about how during the times of Khilafah EID used to be celebrated throughtout on that single day. Secondly I was told how due to nationalism countries have chosen to celebrate Eid on respective days and what not. I mentioned to him about the moon sighting and the relevance of celebrating but he stated that if one of the community finds the blessed moon , the countries ALL OVER the world rejoice in Eid the next day.

I am very frustrated and confused , i am doing my own research and would appreciate if my fellow brothers and sisters in Islam would recommend anything from it. Jazak'ALLAH

I need relevant reference and evidence because the Group who has such claims is NUMEROUS in number. So its very important that the right thing is done.

I tend to agree with your brothers point, and it is also the official policy of the Masjid I go to . Since Muslim community is considered one ummah, that it is only natural that in any part of the ummah you see the Moon, the entire Ummah celebrates based on the sighting.
I'm aware that there is difference of opinion.
Allah knows best.

:wasalam:

wardah noor

Muslimah 4 life
salam

i too will agree with ur brother in some ways, the reason why we celebrate eid with makkah is to unite the ummah for we are one nation so it makes sense that we celebrate it together right?

however when i was in yemen they did not celebrate eid with makkah untill they sighted the moon themselves this is too the sunnah of nabi ,there is nothing wrong with that.

but my local mosque follow makkah directly, we wait for them to annonce eid till we celebrate.....personally i think that its good when all the muslims celebrate this blessing festival together for it demonstrate our unity as muslims for we our ONE UMMAH.

PS: EID MUBARAK to all of the brothers and sisters on TTI and to your families...... have a wonderful festival Inchallah.

wasalam :) :) :) Wardah :hijabi:

daywalker

: My brother and his friends claim that we should celebrate our EID with MAKKAH. This was something that i did not put ponder upon until i was given points about how during the times of Khilafah EID used to be celebrated throughtout on that single day.

tell him to pray fajr when people pray fajr in saudi. may be it will be esha time of u. and tell him to bring a hadiths where it says: we should follow makka to do Eid. And tell him to bring evidence that during khilafah time whole muslim world used to celebrate Eid at a same day.

We must not pray with saudi fajr prayer if we are in england or?does it destroy the unity?

People should think about hadihts how prophet(sw) told us to do. and to stick with the hadiths we will be united.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
Our Eid here in NY is October 1st. Some had their Eid yesterday. I always go with my masjid that I go to. I don't live in Saudia Arabia.

aelshamy

And tell him to bring evidence that during khilafah time whole muslim world used to celebrate Eid at a same day.

It is impossible that during khilafah time whole muslim world used to celebrate Eid at a same day, because, simply, there was no means to transfer the news from one part in muslim world to another within hours. It took days, weeks or may be months to transfer the news.

kolimuddin

Jazakallah my brothers and sisters , indeed how ironic it is to see that the measurement taken to unite the Ummah is the same reason for the Ummah to fight against one another.

Please keep the logical explanations coming because very soon i will have to go debate with them and install in them a sense of understanding about the matter.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

Here are some fatwas that may be helpful for you, inshallah you read them all they will be beneficial.

Mekkah or North America?
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...h-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503546168

Fasting with own country or another who sites the moon?
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/106487/moon

Eid Al-Fitr and Eid Al-Adha based on sitings?
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/97750/moon

living in non muslim country?
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/50522

Eid Al-Fitr and unity of muslims?
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...h-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503547652

Sighting or Calculating?
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...h-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1157962457023

Also, here is a verse from quran ISNA had on their site that they used for calculations:

The new moon (i.e. time of conjunction) is when the Moon passes between the Earth and the Sun closest to the Sun-Earth line. This time of conjunction is precisely predictable by astronomical calculation. The conjunction can happen at any time during the day or night. This precision is one manifestation of the laws that Allah created in the universe. In the Qur’an we read “The sun and the moon follow courses (exactly) computed” [Al-Rahman; 55:4]. The Qur’anic Arabic term for computation in this verse is “Husbaan” which is an intensified form of computation or calculation meaning very precise calculation.

tell him to pray fajr when people pray fajr in saudi. may be it will be esha time of u. and tell him to bring a hadiths where it says: we should follow makka to do Eid. And tell him to bring evidence that during khilafah time whole muslim world used to celebrate Eid at a same day.

We must not pray with saudi fajr prayer if we are in england or?does it destroy the unity?

People should think about hadihts how prophet(sw) told us to do. and to stick with the hadiths we will be united.

Salaam,

I am no scholar brother nor do I intend to be. My educated guess would be that praying is more of an inward attribute. Meaning prayer is based on a individual level. Even some of the predecessors of the Prophet (saw) used to pray in secret. Eid is more of an outward attribute. Meaning it's a celebration that can be expressed outwardly on a collective level. When we say "Eid mubarak" it's an outward expression and is shared amongst everyone.

We know unity is important in Islam. I can see why there is a difference of opinion. I can also see the hadith where the Prophet (saw) said,"Fast when YOU see it (the new moon) and break your fast when YOU see it.”

Personally, in *my* humble opinion I believe we Muslims today are more divided than ever and that unity is more important than ever. When Abu Bakr (ra) use to see people praying in different groups, he suggested they pray in congregation under one reciter. Umar bin Al-Khattab (ra) replied "What an excellent bidah (innovation in religion) this is." [Bukhari, Vol. 3, Book 32, Number 227]. This concept is similar to Eid celebration.

The local masjid I attend followed Saudi. We celebrated it on Tuesday.

Well the good thing is that Eid is not just technically 1 day. So Eid Mubarak to all my brothers and sister in the world.

All that is correct is from Allah swt and the mistakes are from myself alone.