Sa'ad ibn Mua'dh and martyrdom

Musalmaan

:salam2:

I have an interesting question that popped into my head not too long ago.

Everybody is familiar with the famous hadith of Rasulallah (saw) regarding how the throne of Allah shook for Sa'ad ibn Mua'dh. However, there is also another hadith that indicates that even Sa'ad ibn Mua'dh, for whom the throne of Allah shook, will not be spared the squeezing in the grave. I apologise for not providing the hadith.

I am a little confused. Perhaps someone can help clear the confusion. As far as I am aware Sa'ad died as a martyr. Aren't martyr's spared the trials of the grave? Or does the squeezing in the grave happen irrespective?

There is a hadith as follows:

It was reported in the hadeeth of al-Miqdaam ibn Ma’di Karb that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“The martyr (shaheed) has seven blessings from Allaah: he is forgiven from the moment his blood is first shed; he will be shown his place in Paradise; he will be spared the trial of the grave; and he will be secure on the Day of the Greatest Terror (the Day of Judgement); there will be placed on his head a crown of dignity, one ruby of which is better than this world and all that is in it; he will be married to seventy-two of al-hoor al-‘iyn; and he will be permitted to intercede for seventy of his relatives.”

Any help to clear this up would be appreciated. BarakAllah feek.