salaaam

seeking-iman

salaam bros and sis!!

my name is usman, and ive grown up leading an ignorant life towards islam. Ive grown up trapped with all the wroldly pleasures and desires. My older sister has recently strated practicing this beautifull religion alhumdullilah and therefore has opened my eyes. There are times when i am about to leave the house and i see my sister on her knees to the great one. It has had quite an effect on me. Just a few days ago i over heard her listening to a beautifull nasheed by hamzah robertson called the mountain. The words of the nasheed just touched my heart and i am trying to change my attitude towards life and be more obediant towards allah!! My younger two sisters are following in her footsteps alhumdullilah. Im finding it extremely hard to turn to the straight path, with the company that i have...........can any1 one advise me on the best approach to take in turning to islam and keeping away from the streets????

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
wa alaikoom assalam brother

welcome to TTI. I'm glad that Allah (glorified He may be) have turned your heart toward Him.

Dear brother, I'd recommend that start praying and try to preserve your prayers as much as you can.

Recite (O Muhammad (peace be upon him)) what has been revealed to you of the Book (the Qur'ân), and perform As-Salât (Iqamât-as-Salât). Verily, As-Salât (the prayer) prevents from Al-Fahshâ' (i.e. great sins of every kind, unlawful sexual intercourse) and Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism, and every kind of evil wicked deed) and the remembering (praising) of (you by) Allâh (in front of the angels) is greater indeed (than your remembering (praising) of Allâh in prayers. And Allâh knows what you do.

Qura'an 29:45

Although look for a better companionship ... you live in London and should have no problem finding a good mosque insha'Allah

hassenali

obedience to Allah
walaykumsalam brother, first of all welcome to tti, this is the best turn of your life, stay away from bad company they will corrupt you, my advise is to go to mosque 5 times daily,its better to be alone than amoung bad company.

salahdin

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Asalama aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu bro i just want to say we born muslim take islam for granted until ALLAH s.w.t opens ones just like you and me,in your case through your sister ,may ALLAH S.W.T bless her amin.

The prophet s.a.w said good or bad companion is like one who carries musk and one who blows the bellow. The one who carries musk may give you some, or you may buy some from him, or you may feel a fragrance from him; but the one who blows the bellows might burn your clothing, or you may feel a bad smell from him.
(Bukhari, Muslim).

This shows clearly that we should choose our friends. If you are sincer i say get friends who will influence you positivly. friends who pray five times a day , fast in the month of ramadan e.t.c.And bro hold on to this straight path sirat mustaqin and give praise to ALLAH for showing you this path.I use to say to myself everything will come an end and what will i say, in the hereafter ,that i was not ready then that is too late for an excuse. so let us live according to the Quran & the sunnah.Asalama aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

~niyqaabiy~

Sami'gna wa ato'gna
:wasalam:

WELCOME TO TTI
:SMILY206:

Insha^Allaah I hope you will enjoy your stay and benefitted from this forum as much as I did, al'hamduwlillaah. :blackhijab:

Btw brother, maybe you should seek some help at the Islamic center or masjid near your place and look for classes on how to perform the prayer and learning and practising about Islam.

Does your sister go for classes? Perhaps you and your siblings can get together and learn together.

:ma: in learning about Islam together, it will bring you and your siblings closer together.

Perhaps there are some brothers here that can help you more in detail, insha^Allaah.

May it be pleasing to Allaah to guide us to what is right for His pleasure! ..amiyn yaa Allaah!

:muslim_child:​

user expired!

asalamualaykum,

Hey bro your from London! We have plenty of Talks especially in different universities!

If you want more info then pm me your 'ends' (what part of london you are from) and i can send u some information about dawah groups in your area or even some talks in your area.

May Allah make it easy for you!