Salaah/Namaaz

Muslimah999

Asalaamualaikum :)

One of my friend posted this Hadith. I'm not sure of its authenticity and I want someone to elaborate this.
Please to note that there the Prophet Muhammad sallalahu alayhi wasalam did not pray zohr and asr together due to fear or travelling.

In Saheeh Muslim- In the chapter, of ( combining 2 Prayers )
Ibn Abbas said - that the Prophet ( S.W.T) prayed Zohr and Asr in Medina together without any cause of fear and without travelling.
Then Ibn Abbas was asked : Why the Prophet did that? He replied :- He did not want anybody from his Ummah to face difficulty.

:jazaak:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Answered by Sheikh ibn Uthaymeen (rahimahullah)

Question:

If a person is in Qaseem and goes out to the airport, can he shorten his prayers in the airport?

Answer:

Yes, he may shorten his prayers, because he has left the built-up area of his town, and all the villages that are around the airport are separate from the town. But if a person lives near the airport, he should not shorten his prayer, because he has not yet left the built-up area of his town.

Al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 4/514

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed Zuhr and ‘Asr together in Madeenah, at a time when there was no fear and he was not travelling. Abu’l-Zubayr said: I asked Sa’eed [i.e., ibn Jubayr], Why did he do that? He said, I asked Ibn ‘Abbaas the same question, and he said, He did not want anyone among his ummah to suffer hardship.

Narrated by Muslim, 705.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said:

The specific reason for shortening the prayers is travelling, and it is not permissible to shorten prayers when not travelling. With regard to joining prayers, the reason for it is if there is a need or an excuse. So if a person needs to do so, he may join prayers whilst travelling, whether he is travelling a long distance or a short one, and he may join prayers because of rain etc., or because of sickness etc., or for any other reason, because the point is to spare the Muslims any difficulty or hardship.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 22/293; published by King Fahd Complex.

Islam Q&A

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh