Salaam, everybody.

New_Muslim

Hello,

My name is Abri, I am nearly 21 years old and I hope to convert to Islam once I am living on my own, :inshallah:. I was born and raised Christian, but always felt that there was something missing from it. I first started studying Islam when I was 16, but stopped due to family disapproval despite the fact I felt that it is what God wishes me to become. Since then, I've gained permission to study Islam, but not to convert while I still live at home (I have two very young brothers who don't understand why I am not a Christian).

So, that's my story in a nutshell. I hope to talk more with everybody here!

Sanaa01

Muslima
:salam2: and welcome sister to Islam and to TTI inshallah you will find all the help you will need in this web site may god help you and guide you to the straight path Ameen :ma:

New_Muslim

Thanks. I just wish my family wouldn't believe everything the media says when it comes to Islam. One day, I hope they understand that it is Allah who will judge us for our beliefs and conduct in life, not other mortals, :inshallah:.

I've tried showing them websites, books and such showing that Islam and terrorism are two very different things, but they still damn me to hell (even though Allah is the only One who can do it :lol:). Oh well, :inshallah:.

ayesha_r

Muslimah
:salam2: sister
welcome to the beautiful religion and this website. Inshallah ALLAH will guide your family to the right path. MAy ALLAH guide you and give ypu strength.Ameen
:wasalam:

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Hello,

My name is Abri, I am nearly 21 years old and I hope to convert to Islam once I am living on my own, :inshallah:. I was born and raised Christian, but always felt that there was something missing from it. I first started studying Islam when I was 16, but stopped due to family disapproval despite the fact I felt that it is what God wishes me to become. Since then, I've gained permission to study Islam, but not to convert while I still live at home (I have two very young brothers who don't understand why I am not a Christian).

So, that's my story in a nutshell. I hope to talk more with everybody here!

:salam2:
MashaAllah my dear sister you are quite smart and wise from a very young age. If you believe in Allah and his messanger then you are a Muslim.
If you cannot take Shahadah in public due to your circumstances then you can take shahadah alone with Allah as your witness, and then do not commit any major sins (e.g. worshipping any other god, fornication, eating haram food etc) then you will be protected.
By "Protedted" I mean that we don't know how long we will live. A person can die all of a sudden in an accident for example. Taking shahadah will raise that person as a believer on the day of judgment.

May Allah protect you give courage to you and make you a great Muslimah and grant you the highest level of Paradise (Jannah Al-Firdous) in the hereafter.
May Allah give you courage and wisedom and knowledge so that you could help your parents and your other relatives see the light of Islam, so that they could see the truth and come to the right religion of Islam. Ameen.
:wasalam:

New_Muslim

Thanks for the warm welcome and prayers, all.

Yes, I took the Shahada privately about a few weeks ago and I had never felt such a closeness to God before. It is hard to describe, but in a good way. I am still no match for trying to tackle Arabic yet, ha ha. And, yes, my family will not know until I am safely out of their home (as I mentioned, they believe the media more than actual muslims themselves. Funny, they don't approve of the media's protrayal of Christianity at all :rolleyes:.)

I am still debating whether or not to wear the hijab. :inshallah: I will have an answer to that soon, though, again, I will have to wait a few years.

New_Muslim

Wa salaam sister. Your name Abri is a lovely name as well. I was born and raised Catholic, but got interested in Islam during the past year. If you need any more help, always feel free to ask.

Thank you. My full name is Abrianna, but I very rarely go by it. If I recall, it's a feminine version of Abraham.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum sister,
Welcome to islam, IM very glad to hear you find pleasure and beauty through Islam
May Allah (swt) bless you with his mercy and love (ameen)
take care
I msged you as a sincere brother
if you ever need any help
Your brother is at ur service
aslam o alikum