Salaam From Las Vegas

AliLasVegas

:arabi1: Yes it is true, people can come to Islam even in 'Sin City' as it is called, Las Vegas! I am a male caucasian of Irish/German/and cherokee indian decent. I came to Islam 2 yrs ago this march. :salah: It has been a wonderful journey, one of which my mother has been supportive and my sister accepts. I still have not told my father yet, however, I am going to see him at the end of the month and hope to give him Dawah! He is a stern christian. :SMILY176: I have met sooo many good brothers (and sisters) since coming to Islam, it has given me much more joy and stability than when I was a christian. :bananabb2in:
I hope to learn much more and even to learn arabic one day... I have been trying so hard to learn not just the Quran but Hadiths as well. My Dr. made dawa to me, by inviting me to come to the masjead... I accepted a copy of the Quran and after mustering some courage I went to the masjead and took shahada!! :subhanallah:
I hope to marry a muslimah soon and have kids! :jumpclap: :inshallah:
I am glad to be part of this forum. Jezaakala Kyran !!!!

shadykan

Welcome brother!!!

It's a great pleasure to know that people from all over the world revert to Islam, especially in America after 9/11, it must be complicated. Unlike what the media want us to believe, there is no clash between America and Islam.

Great to see open minded people.

SO welcome brother, may Allah guide you.

By the way : My boss may send me to Las Vegas at the end of january, so let's keep in touch, i'd be glad to meet muslims over there (instead of spending my time in a hotel room).

aliff

Assalamu A'laikum,

Yes it is true, people can come to Islam even in 'Sin City' as it is called, Las Vegas!

LOL ! Nice intro. :D, welcome to this site brother. Its a pleasure to hear about you.

May Allah(s.w.t) guide us all

Wassalam. :)

AliLasVegas

yyes, we shall stay in touch. We are trying to raise funds to open/expand our Information center. If you come at the end of January feel free to call me. 702.987.6235 (Just remind me who you are!)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam,

welcome brother. Very colourful post. haha, very much like Las Vegas lol

MashaAllah it is great that you found Islam, i guess you was very lucky, get it :p lucky. joking, there is no such thing as luck, it is Allah who guides and gives us all things.

Jazakallahu khayr for sharing your story with us,

May Allah bless you and your family!

take care

wasalam

Z

Zhour_Khan

Wa alaykum salam,

welcome brother. Very colourful post. haha, very much like Las Vegas lol

MashaAllah it is great that you found Islam, i guess you was very lucky, get it :p lucky. joking, there is no such thing as luck, it is Allah who guides and gives us all things.

Jazakallahu khayr for sharing your story with us,

May Allah bless you and your family!

take care

wasalam

Mr. Mabsoot,

With great respect, there is 'LUCK' in the Holy Quran. There are many references, I will quote here one verse:

وَمَا يُلَقَّاهَا إِلا الَّذِينَ صَبَرُوا وَمَا يُلَقَّاهَا إِلا ذُو حَظٍّ عَظِيمٍ

"And no one will be granted such goodness except those who exercise patience and self-restraint,- none but persons of the greatest good fortune."

With Salam to all,

:arabi1:

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

It's really nice to see Quranic quotes here, but i don't believe in luck either. I believe in devine preordainment. If you find a trillion bucks laying on the floor, you could call it luck but i'd call it fate. Everything is already written out, you make your decisions and you go your way, but whatever comes to you is already written, weither it's good or bad. So no luck for me... just fate.

*perhaps it was a bit much when i said trillion, but i'm reallly braindead right now

WELCOME BROTHER!!

as you were the original source of this thread! I hope you enjoy and learn much from TTI...

:wasalam:

aicha-moslima

Salaam alaykoum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhoe

Welcome to this beautiful community and i'm very happy for you that you have found islam as your believe and your way of live...macha'Allah.
May Allah (Subhana wa ta'alla) guide you and your family and give you an answer in difficult times insha'Allah. May Allah (Subhana wa ta'alla) bless you with a good mariage insha'Allah...ameen.

Wa salaamoe alaykoum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhoe
Your sister in Islam, Aicha

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum wa rahmet Allah Wa barakatu

Welcome to Islam and welcome to the site.
May Allah let your father accept the fact that you have become a muslim and may Allah guide you always to the right path.
We thank Allah for this beautiful religion which he had bestowed to us.
May Allah expand your knowledge of this beautiful and passionate religion.

arifngh

Sin City become

Welcome brother Ali,
"Sin City" is people's called for LAS VEGAS now. Who knows in the future LAS VEGAS turn to "eeman light" city. We know lot of people turn to Islam. :salah:
It's our chance to change it, with the Power of Allah SWT. We all will pray that Moslem in Las Vegas can do that. Amien.:salah:
:wasalam:

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Allahu-Akbar !
i beleive sahaba used to say this when someone new enters Islam. Welcome brother to the way that leads to Allah. May yr coming to Islam brings peace to you and all the humanity. I know u really would have fought hard against yourself to come here but this is the promise of Allah.

" And (as for) those who strive hard for Us, We will most certainly guide them in Our ways; and Allah is most surely with the doers of good. "
Surah Ankaboot ( 029.069 )

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Welcome Brother Ali,

You really hit the jackpot. :redface: I also agree with sister Samiha, it`s all what Allah has written for us. Regarding your father, I pray that Allah SWT helps you in choosing the right time and atmosphere to giving him the great news. Remember, your objective isn`t just to let him know, but to also call him to Islam.
Hope to hear good news.