Salaam, I am new here

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
:salam2:

Alhamdulilaah sister that you have made the great step towards Allah, I myself feel touched and I know so do all of the brothers & sisters in here feel the same.
Masha'Allah it is so overwhelming to see every day Allah is opening the hearts of more people for Islam.
Welcome sister:)

P.S.: Some useful sites I thought when u got time:)

http://www.harunyahya.com/html/m_video_index.htm

Hadeeth (All what our beloved prophet said, did and taught ) as software:
http://www.freewebs.com/kurani/indeksi.html

Julia Blanche

Joy at shahada!!

I did it! I am so happy, I took the shahada and I came in contact with the islamic centre here at my university who put me in contact with the group of sisters who will help me with all aspects of the practising of Islam. I truly feel so lucky to have found Allah!
Julia Blanche- I am so sorry to hear about the hardships you have faced for being a muslim, but thank you for sharing as it encouraged me to commit myself right away. I do not know how people where I live will react to my decision but I am hopeful that I will only get positive responses although I am sure that this is unlikely as there are always people in the world who are disrespectful.
Although as of now I feel like a completely different person, besides from dressing more conservatively I look the same to everyone else, I have thought about the issue of the head scarf and I am curious to know when other reverts started to wear it, should it be right away?
I just want to say thank you again to this site, I know I have said this before, but I am truly so grateful, I have found a link to the quran recited and even though I dont understand the words yet, I could just listen continually to it, it makes me feel much stronger
salam everyone, sylvie

Salaam dear sister! When I read your message I cried tears of joy!! I am so proud you took that first step. I cannot promise you an easy path but its worth the effort. I always had a deep faith even as a very young child ( even though I did not pray to Jesus as it felt wrong) . But I feel the presence of Allah (swt) so much stronger now since my reversion to islam.
I did not wear head cover right away. It took the best part of a year and then I built up gradually to it. My husband bought me a very pretty white silk-look scarf that was not quite see-through and as it was winter I started to drape it over my head in a loose fashion. Then a few weks later I decided to 'go for it', I ordered some very pretty head scarves from an internet site and then straightaway I wore them. It was a case of 'now or never'. I wore it for many months until the attack. As my husband works away all week it was no longer safe to wear it, due to the unenlightened attitudes of the people in the village where we live. There are other muslims where I live but they are dark skinned so its considered normal by the mostly conservative catholics for those ladies to wear head cover. But as I am white these so-called lovers of God cannot understand why I would wear it. It saddens me each day that I cannot wear it in peace. I feel naked without it. I do wear it to the mosque but when I go to the mosque which is 5km away I have to sneak out my house as quickly as possible. People have evn thrown stones at the car!! But I can never turn my back on islam. Once you know the truth there IS No GOING BACK. Islam is the TRUE path.
So I pray for you dear sister and my heart overflows with joy at your decision.
Jazak Allah Khair
from your sister in islam
Julia:hijabi:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

May Allah bless all the people here mashaAllah. It is such a great pleasure to read your stories and welcome you as our brothers and sisters in Islam.

May Allah help you Sylvie and make things easy for you inshaAllah.

If you have any questions or problems feel free to ask here. We are one family here.

take care.

Wasalam.

Wiseguy74

Assalam O Alaikum,

My dear dear sister sounds like my dear dear brother Idris Tawfiq, Reverted British Catholic Priest, who I guess also knew in his heart that he was ready to say Shahadah and accept Allah as one and only God. He infact used to fast in the month of Ramadan to encourage his Muslim students, even though he wasn’t a Muslim. Once he met Yusuf Islam, the former pop singer-Cat Stevens, and asked 'What do you actually do to become a Muslim?’ He answered that a Muslim should believe in one God, pray five times a day and fast during Ramadan. He interrupted him saying that he believed all this and had even fasted during Ramadan. So brother Yusuf asked, ‘What are you waiting for? What is holding you back?’ He said, ‘No, I don’t intend to convert.’ “At that moment the call to prayer was made and everyone got ready and stood in lines to pray. He sat at the back, and cried and cried. Then he said to himself, ‘Who am I trying to fool?’ After they ended their prayers, he headed to Yusuf Islam, asking him to teach him the words by which he announce his Shahadah. After understanding its meanings, He recited after him in Arabic that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah,” Since then He is working for Islam, may Allah bless him in his work.

May I ask my dear sister the same question? When you know that Islam is the right religion for you than what is it that holding you back? also the fact that you are not converting to Islam, no one do, people return to Islam because we Muslims believe that Islam is the natural religion of mankind, which has existed since the beginning of time. All people are born Muslim.

My brotherly advice to you is that instead of waiting for the time when you know that you can commit your life 100% to Islam is not a right approach. Say Shahada now and try to practice the basic fundamentals of Islam but there is no rush in this. You may ask why we advice you to say Shahada now? Sister, we born as a Muslim we should die as a Muslim. As Allah says in the Holy Quran [3:19], "The only religion accepted to Him is Islam."
We don´t know what the future holds for us.

I am really happy that you have started learning arabic which indeed is really important, Quran has revealed in Arabic and in order to understand its real message one must know the language with its grammatical influence. I myself intend to do the same, soon Insha Allah.

Masha Allah, your fear that you will never be able to learn enough about Islam shows how much Taqwa(piety/heed/God-fearing) you already have. Indeed there is alot to be learn, a good Muslim can never claim that he have enough knowledge of Islam and don't need to have more. We are student and will always be student, keen to learn more.

You don't have to make your Shahada public if you are not ready to face your family and others who you fear will make your life difficult for you, as it was the advice of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) to his companions at the early years of His Da´wah (Propagation) who had the same fear like you, even worst I should say. Make it public when you feel you are ready.

You will have to show patience no matter how much pressure your family force on you neither you have to feel any burdon or sin if they gets angry with you for being a Muslim. Infact you will have to show them the good example of a true Muslim, who treats his parents with kindness and respect, be they Muslims or non-Muslims. As mistreatment of parents is the Second major sin in Islam. You will have to explain them the beautiful teachings of Islam and will have to convince them with good example and behavior that it would be good for them to accept Islam. As Quran says, "O ye who believe! Save yourselves and your families from the Hell fire." They will have to see major change in your personality after embracing Islam, meaning what change Islam has brought in you?

Your past record/mistakes will become completely clean from the moment you will say Shahada. Then, the reward or punishment counter will starts running, you will be rewarded for the good you do and punished for the bad.

Indeed race shouldn´t be a barrier and you don´t have to feel odd being a white girl in arabs. As Prophet(pbuh) once said In another hadith, he (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Allah does not look at your images or your colors but He looks at your hearts (intentions) and your deeds. Creatures are the dependants of Allah and the closest among them to Allah are indeed the most useful to His dependants."

Sister, you already are very welcome in Muslim community, TURNTOISALM, don´t you? same will happen,Insha Allah, once you will inform your intention to Muslims where you live and ask them to teach you more about Islam. WE MUSLIMS ARE VERY KIND WARM AND WELCOMING PEOPLE:). Your wish of having a big Muslim family is not a wish anymore, you already have a family now and I am one of your brother, ready to assist his sister any time she likes.

Wassalam
Brother Farooq

sylvie

brother farooq-I had already said the Shahada when I read your post but thank you so much for the encouragement! Reading posts like that really make me feel stronger about my decision, in fact every new day, I feel more strength and confidence in Islam.
I am meeting with a muslim sister tomorrow, and it will be the first time I talk face to face with another muslim about Islam so I am incredibly happy and excited! Being able to pray is so important to me, so hopefully it wil come sooner rather than later!

:muslim_child: sylvie

onemuslim

Salam aleikom to our sister in humanity Sylvie,

While all the replies here are genuine and helpful it does show that not everyone can understand the process and path you are going through to seek and discover the truth. I believe Allah has guided you in the largest and most important step, and that is the path to self-awareness and being able to see things not only from the point of view you were born in but as an objective human being. Insha Allah, the rest will be easy for you if you follow Allah and truth without getting preoccupied with society or religion solely as a set of forms of worship, but instead as a way of life.

In my excitement to offer you some advice or camraderie I sent a message to you directly in this site, only to recieve a message saying not to message sisters, as well as having my message deleted so that I could not send it here publicly.

I believe this is one small demonstration of how established or traditional muslims can, as Andalusia's posting on another thread was eluding to, not only discourage people from discovering the essence of islam, but to turn away from a 'muslim' society as well.

As someone raised in the USA and guided by Allah directly to Him and the Quran if insha Allah I like everyone else on this site can be of assistance we will be honored and happy to do so.

As salamo aleikom

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Salam aleikom to our sister in humanity Sylvie,

While all the replies here are genuine and helpful it does show that not everyone can understand the process and path you are going through to seek and discover the truth. I believe Allah has guided you in the largest and most important step, and that is the path to self-awareness and being able to see things not only from the point of view you were born in but as an objective human being. Insha Allah, the rest will be easy for you if you follow Allah and truth without getting preoccupied with society or religion solely as a set of forms of worship, but instead as a way of life.

In my excitement to offer you some advice or camraderie I sent a message to you directly in this site, only to recieve a message saying not to message sisters, as well as having my message deleted so that I could not send it here publicly.

I believe this is one small demonstration of how established or traditional muslims can, as Andalusia's posting on another thread was eluding to, not only discourage people from discovering the essence of islam, but to turn away from a 'muslim' society as well.

As someone raised in the USA and guided by Allah directly to Him and the Quran if insha Allah I like everyone else on this site can be of assistance we will be honored and happy to do so.

As salamo aleikom

Assalamu alaykum,

Please read the rules, when we created this site members asked for privacy so that they didnt have unsolicited PM from anybody.

As for brother Andalusian, he is a moderator on this website, im sure what you elude to is not what he meant.

We have many new people register, some Muslim, non-Muslim with varying ideas. Some come for the wrong intention, such as trying to talk to opposite sex, spamming their websites, or to even mislead people away from Islam.

Therefore we are strict in enforcing our rules, especially on new members.

We take action on any new members with 0 posts who simply start copying and pasting messages to female members on the forum and asking them to contact them privately. Although, this also applies generally to all members.

Also, we would like to point out that we do not encourage interfaith debates, arguments on any topics, or people spreading ideas contrary to the teachings of the Quran and Sunnah. We encourage a happy family atmosphere here.

Discussion and information can be shared in public on this forum. This does not deter or detract from spreading Islamic information, but the opposite.

Also, it is best to keep such moderator decision discussions between those involved without the need to bring them into the public domain.

Jazakallahu khayr.

wasalam.

Submitter

:salam2: brother Mabsoot :)

Also, we would like to point out that we do not encourage:

- arguments on any topics Agreed
- people spreading ideas contrary to the teachings of the Quran and Sunnah Agreed
- interfaith debates Not sure I agree with this

Discussion and information can be shared in public on this forum. This does not deter or detract from spreading Islamic information

Surely having interfaith debates is a good way of spreading Islamic information and trying to show non-Muslims the truth? Personally I feel it would be great to have more non-Muslims on this website as long as they are sincere in their intention to learn about Islam. If they want to have a polite debate about how their beliefs compare to Islam's that's great - it gives us an opportunity to deomonstrate the truth of Islam. Apologies if I misunderstood you brother, I trust this is what you meant by "interfaith debate".

:wasalam:

sylvie

actually this brings up an important issue that I have been grappling with in the last few days, I know under islamic law there is no reason for a woman to be alone with a person of the opposite sex that is not her family member, and if you are a muslim who has grown up in an islamic state I can see how this would be easy to follow, but as 1. a revert and 2. a person living in a western society, I am having alot of toruble with this. The first thing being that before I turned to islam I had a few male friends that have meant very much to me, have given me advice ad have been there for me through tough times and it was purely a friend ship (no sex). I can see how easily the oppurtunity could arise in the position of being alone with the opposite sex, and in islam any activity that could lead to haram is forbidden , but being a revert, am I supposed to give up some of my dearest friends:confused: This becomes an issue to in a western society where in university and most every other place the classes are not segregated and sometimes working alone with a male is expected if not obligatory.
In term of a muslim lifestyle I am happy to say that most of the things forbidden under islamic law, I didnt participate in, I didnt drink or eat pork or go out to bars etc. (which is unusual for someone my age I know!) So pretty much the major lifestyle issue has been the male female relations. If anyone has any advice on this or information I would be very open to hearing it! And thank you again for all the previous posts, its lovely to have so much support!

sylvie

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum Salam,

I dont think many people on this website is actually living in an islamic country. So we are mostly born and living in the West.

Its true we have contact with members of opposite sex at work and so forth, and thats out of necessity and our situation, but we must remember that it is haram to be alone with them. To have a social life based around them and to be close to the opposite sex is more dangerous.

am I supposed to give up some of my dearest friends This becomes an issue to in a western society where in university and most every other place the classes are not segregated and sometimes working alone with a male is expected if not obligatory.

Yes you are to give them up. Whether or not you are a revert should not matter. There are born Muslims who do wrong and do not comply to Islamic teachings.

You said it yourself:

I can see how easily the oppurtunity could arise in the position of being alone with the opposite sex

So you know deep down that it can lead to haram. Whether or not we feel we can maintain "friendship" isnt the point. For we can all be led into temptation and commit haram.

It says in al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah (29/295): The majority of fuqaha’ (scholars) say that it is not permissible for a man to be alone with a non-mahram woman, because the shaytaan will be the third one present, and he will whisper to them when they are alone together to do that which is not permissible. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "No man is alone with a woman but the shaytaan is the third one present." The word "man" in this hadeeth includes both old and young men, just as the word "woman" includes both young and old women.

InshaAllah we are here to aid you with any advice or help you need. And inshaAllah you will find good Muslim sisters to gain support from.

In term of a muslim lifestyle I am happy to say that most of the things forbidden under islamic law, I didnt participate in, I didnt drink or eat pork or go out to bars etc. (which is unusual for someone my age I know!)

MashaAllah that is great, the Prophet :saw: said,

"The best of you during the 'Period of Ignorance' are the best of you in Islam as long as they deeply understand the religion." [Bukhari]

This hadith relates directly to some of the companions of the Prophet :saw:, for example Abu Bakr, for before Islam he was a noble, kind, generous and good man who refrained from the Haram and led a good life. Then upon entering Islam he was amongst the most noble and much loved of the Prophets companions.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2: brother Mabsoot :)

Surely having interfaith debates is a good way of spreading Islamic information and trying to show non-Muslims the truth? Personally I feel it would be great to have more non-Muslims on this website as long as they are sincere in their intention to learn about Islam. If they want to have a polite debate about how their beliefs compare to Islam's that's great - it gives us an opportunity to deomonstrate the truth of Islam. Apologies if I misunderstood you brother, I trust this is what you meant by "interfaith debate".

Wa alaykum Salam, thats not quite interfaith debate. Understanding another person's religion is one thing. Debating over issues of belief is another.

Debating involves a lot of time. It involves knowledge and discipline. It also involves talking to the right people.

In my experience, debating leaves a lot to be desired! I have yet to find one Christian or anyone who is sincere in their approach with regards a debate about God.

People are often stubborn, reject the proofs and use the event to carry on with their strange and false ideas. I believe Muslim bros and sisters are wasting too much of their time in debating and arguing with non-Muslims. Just let them be, let them talk to their own shadows. Let them talk to the squirrels and monkeys, just dont let them waste your time!

If a person is truly sincere, they will find and accept Islam. Its very easy, straightforward and makes sense to those who are open to the truth about Allah. They dont have much of an excuse especially if all the evidence is given to them.

This is not to say a debate can not be successful, it is not something this website is made for. More specifically, it is very time consuming to engage in or to moderate.

Wasalam

Ahmedkaafi

Asalamu alaykum

After my best greetings of islam Jazakalahu khayr Sister JULIA for your full information which u have been given to your sister sylvie and Jazakumulahu khayr all others my brothers and sisters.

Are u lost brother i don't know what u mean!!
Ok... the ONLY one first time when i removed an adresse email was months ago i think in July. Usually i don't like to edit member's posts and sometimes eventhough i saw email adress i don't touch or remove them because i know people will misunderstand this action. So i let this to the admin.

For that ONLY one first email adress that i removed it was special because it was add in a reply for a post sent by a young non-muslim who wanted to learn about islam so i tought that it was good that this non-muslim member feel free to learn alone about islam and nobody contact her this is why i removed the email adress send by a good brother but i have ANY doubt in his action.
Also as brother mabsoot explain it, there are those reasons who make email adresse on post are not allowed.

Anyway i think that by PM members can contact others and no can
"discourage people from discovering the essence of islam, but to turn away from a 'muslim' society as well."

Also i think good muslim try to don't mix up bad act from their culture with the true way of Islam as you said!

May Allah show us the true straight path Ameen

Wiseguy74

Proud Brother of Proud Sister

Assalam O Alaikum,

Thank you very much for giving this wonderful news as an Eid Gift to your brother:). I really am happy and pray to Allah(swt) to makes things easier for you in future and make you never regret the wise decision you have taken. Ameen.

No matter how much difficult time you may face just stay firm on your decision as this was the advice from Allah(swt) to his Apostle, Prophet Muhammad(swt). The Holy Quran says, "And verily the Hereafter will be better for thee than the present." This verse was revealed on Prophet Muhmmad(pbuh) when he was having a tough time with his fellow beings and his moral was very low.

I pray to Allah(swt) to make you even stronger in Iman(faith) so that you can start praying, wear hijab and follow the other rituals of Islam and be a wondrful example to other Muslims who also have problem practicing their faith in public. As it is adviceable to make things easier to your fellow Muslims.

I wonder wether you made your Shahda public or not? If yes then fine, if not then atleast inform any of your close friend and people you deem trustworthy in your location. This is because if you die, you will need someone to prove that you are a Muslim so that your body will be washed according to Islamic rules, and offered a funeral prayer, and buried in a Muslim cemetery.

Peolple like you are great inspiration for me and make me learn more about my faith. I always wonder what it is that bring people to Islam and work for it with more devotion then us who born and raised up in Muslim families?

Hope you had a nice time in the meeting you had with that Muslim sister:)

Wassalam
Brother Farooq

Wiseguy74

Assalam O Alaikum,

Thank you very much for giving this wonderful news as an Eid Gift to your brother. I really am happy and pray to Allah(swt) to makes things easier for you in future and make you never regret the wise decision you have taken. Ameen.

No matter how much difficult time you may face just stay firm on your decision as this was the advice from Allah(swt) to his Apostle, Prophet Muhammad(swt). The Holy Quran says, "And verily the Hereafter will be better for thee than the present." This verse was revealed on Prophet Muhmmad(pbuh) when he was having a tough time with his fellow beings and his moral was very low.

I pray to Allah(swt) to make you even stronger in Iman(faith) so that you can start praying, wear hijab and follow the other rituals of Islam and be a wondrful example to other Muslims who also have problem practicing their faith in public. As it is adviceable to make things easier to your fellow Muslims.

I wonder wether you made your Shahda public or not? If yes then fine, if not then atleast inform any of your close friend and people you deem trustworthy in your location. This is because if you die, you will need someone to prove that you are a Muslim so that your body will be washed according to Islamic rules, and offered a funeral prayer, and buried in a Muslim cemetery.

Peolple like you are great inspiration for me and make me learn more about my faith. I always wonder what it is that bring people to Islam and work for it with more devotion then us who born and raised up in Muslim families?

Hope you had a nice time in the meeting you had with that Muslim sister

Wassalam
Brother Farooq