salaam

pelin

salaam alaikum
i hope all is well with you.
i am a new muslim and though my belief in islam is incredibly strong, my knowledge of it is not yet what i want it to be.
i pray that one day i will be able to help those who come to me with questions about this beautiful religion, inshallah!
but at the moment, im the one in need of guidance.
i want to learn to speak and read in arabic, inshallah.. i know it is difficult but i know i have to learn this language in order to read the quraan in its only accurate form.
also, im a 19 year old sister living in the u.s. this means wearing hijab feels much scarier than it should, and trust me i am feeling that fear.
i cant deal with society thinking their own thoughts, in their own heads, PRIVATELY! but the fact is, this does not happen in a private manner. their disapporval/curiosity/fear/etc is made apparent by their behavior towards sisters wearing hijab. i feel that in the society i currently live in (and i dont plan on living here forever, inshallah!!) doesnt allow me to efficiently wear hijab... i feel it merely draws more attention to me, than i would receive had i simply dressed myself with modesty.

i dont know!! im very confused about that aspect in particular... and i have many many other questions...

inshallah, somebody will read this and feel they want to help me out a bit.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Salamu alaikum sister
first of all, welcome to TTI, global muslim family.
don't worry, inshaallah, your worries and questions will be answered by knowledgeable sisters and brothers on this forum.
there are many threads and posts on the subject of hijab. so you will have to do some searchig and reading before brothers and sisters notice your post and reply.
i personally don't have solid knowledge on this issue except the general guidelines. however i would like to say that the main purpose of hijab is to cover those parts of the body which are not allowed to be visible to those who are not MUHRIM (that is brother, father, nephew, husband..)
and also to be known as a muslim. hijab doesnt have to be of any particular shape, colour or design as long as it does the job. You siad, you can dress modestly, that is very good to start with.
other brothers and sisters will reply with more knowledge soon inshaallah.

wassalam

pelin

thank you

thank you for reading my post and taking the time to respond.
i appreciate it so much. i look forward to hearing anything you, and the others on this site, have to say on the topic of religion.
my heart is open and so is my mind.
thanks again

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:salam2:

:SMILY206:

Dear sister, a very warm welcome to Islam and to this wonderful forum. Its really nice to have you with us. I too, don't know more than brother Bawar but I think what he said is easy and to the point. Sister, Islam is a religion of ease, take a step at a time and insha-Allah things will come along.

May Allah strengthen our faith and make it easy for us to follow the guidence he gave.

Take care :SMILY259:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam Little Sister,

You will find many revert sisters here who will help you out. Everyone here will help you. We are a family. Welcome, welcome, welcome

Noor to shine

:salam2: sister
You are most welcome , AlhamduliAllah who choosed us for his noble way :Islam, don`t worry ....faith will grow in your heart step by step ....The most important thing in Islam is prayers ...since through prayers we learn to meat our Lord with love and gratitude ....Prayers teaches sincerity and lift souls to better domains .....

nazir

Asalaamu Alaykum sister,
May Allah keep you firm in His Deen and give you knowledge which is beneficial. Welcome to this lovely forum. There are many brothers and sisters here that will insha'Allah help you.

I just want to add the following ayah from the Qur'an, which is the transalation of the meaning in English:

“O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.” (Quran 33:59)

The underlining is my own emphasis.

Wassalaam

pelin

i cant figure out how to respond to your individual messages (im awful with computers) so i will (for now) thank you all at once. you've truly made me feel welcomed here and that means so much to me. a thousand thank yous to all of you. this website has really blown me away in just the past few hours.. it really seems to be a blessing.
may your days be filled with light, inshallah.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salaam alaikum
i hope all is well with you.
i am a new muslim and though my belief in islam is incredibly strong, my knowledge of it is not yet what i want it to be.
i pray that one day i will be able to help those who come to me with questions about this beautiful religion, inshallah!
but at the moment, im the one in need of guidance.
i want to learn to speak and read in arabic, inshallah.. i know it is difficult but i know i have to learn this language in order to read the quraan in its only accurate form.
also, im a 19 year old sister living in the u.s. this means wearing hijab feels much scarier than it should, and trust me i am feeling that fear.
i cant deal with society thinking their own thoughts, in their own heads, PRIVATELY! but the fact is, this does not happen in a private manner. their disapporval/curiosity/fear/etc is made apparent by their behavior towards sisters wearing hijab. i feel that in the society i currently live in (and i dont plan on living here forever, inshallah!!) doesnt allow me to efficiently wear hijab... i feel it merely draws more attention to me, than i would receive had i simply dressed myself with modesty.

i dont know!! im very confused about that aspect in particular... and i have many many other questions...

inshallah, somebody will read this and feel they want to help me out a bit.

assalamu aleikum dear sister
U are more then welcome to ask any question here...
We will be happy to help
Its not easy for all of us reverts at the beginning.And I pray to Allah to make things easy for u...
I can help u with arabic ,I know one great program,showing how to learn the alphabet and showing u how to read Quran...InshaAllah it will be helpfull...
hope to hear from u often :SMILY259:

waaleikum salam

:salam2: sister. I started wearing hijab 1 1/2 yrs back. At first i felt everyone was looking at me. Now i don't care. If you feel uncomfortable it will show on your face. I feel there are lot of cosmopolitan cities in the US where you will see tons of hijabins walking around. Chicago,Washington DC, detroit, New york etc. Since you are 19 and must be in college you can go and study in one of these cities that might help.For any other type of moral support i am there to answer your questions

Salaam alaykum

I am also a converted muslima, you have to go step by in learning about islam, try to read as much as possible.
I also can't read Arabic yet, coz in the city I live there is just no possibility for me to learn Arabic. I also don't wear hijaab yet, but I will do inshallah by the end of this year.

hambaAllah

arabic posted by bro islamicfajr

:bismillah:
:salam2:

First and foremost :SMILY206: sister Pelin to TTI
and sister muslimaisha

We have arabic section here where you could learn them at your own pace starting with the recognizing the 28 abjad/alphabets
under the LEARN ARABIC section

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1037

hopefully by at least a month you be able to recognise,, read and write arabic with ease,,, the first step,,,,then next step will be conversational arabic..to practice what you have learn, orally now...Goodluck sisters,, :salah: :tti_sister: you will make it if you perservere,, be patient and have faith in your ability and may Allah swt make it easy for us too

:wasalam::hijabi: